• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian army and thier gear choices

Man_Bear_Pig

Inactive
Reaction score
Just looking up gear and I started to think about Canadian soldiers and their gear that is not basic issue. I do not really see a lot of it on the guys I have come across. Do you guys usually stick to the basic CADPAT pattern or do you follow what we do the old faith full coyote brown. I know of CP Gear but what about other Canadian gear companies.

Take care, MBP

Most guys get Coyote Brown an AR CADPAT chest rigs/webbing an packs for tour, theres also some who use Woodland(TW) CADPAT and OD.

ICE Tactical and Drop Zone Tactical are the only other Canadian gear/clothing makers I know of. I think most guys tend to buy gear from US Companies like Tactical Tailor and HSGI.

-Skeletor- said:
Most guys get Coyote Brown an AR CADPAT chest rigs/webbing an packs for tour, theres also some who use Woodland(TW) CADPAT and OD.

ICE Tactical and Drop Zone Tactical are the only other Canadian gear/clothing makers I know of. I think most guys tend to buy gear from US Companies like Tactical Tailor and HSGI.

I am a big fan of Tactical Tailor myself, not sure if you have ever checked out csm gear http://www.csmgear.com/
You may find something good there, I have a rig from them as well as csm for my 110 rig set up. 

Do your supply shops do well with outfitting your companies with any high end gear or are you used to having to fight for yourself?

Take care MBP

Man_Bear_Pig said:
Do your supply shops do well with outfitting your companies with any high end gear or are you used to having to fight for yourself?

Based on what I've seen in my own unit an what I've heard from friends in others..

I know some units have bought their Signallers a better backpack for carrying a radio in, an some troops get issued a new rig to trial. But aside from that I don't think anyone really gets any high end gear.. unless the unit purchases new kit for the troops you deploy with the standard kit.  Most troops tend to just go out an buy their own gear to replace issue stuff, mainly replacing the tac vest, small pack, an boots.

But aside from that I don't think anyone really gets any high end gear.

There are a few who get the high end gear.  Below was one for Tactical Assault Gear  ;)

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/apps/dc/contract-contrat-eng.asp?q=4&y=2008&id=id53488

Back