• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada doesn’t matter to the rest of the world - and it’s our own fault

Almost everyone joining the CAF can get by without a clearance for the first year+. Very little risk is assumed in hiring without a completed clearance for 90% of jobs, but a mechanism should be in place to turf someone who can't eventually obtain a clearance.
Totally agree to a point. Unless you retain older 25/77 set radios you won't be having folks without clearance working with comms, and the vast majority of at least combat arms trades have some sort of comms requirements even at the entry level, and I am sure most tech trades need even more involved work with classified systems.

Totally agree to a point. Unless you retain older 25/77 set radios you won't be having folks without clearance working with comms, and the vast majority of at least combat arms trades have some sort of comms requirements even at the entry level, and I am sure most tech trades need even more involved work with classified systems.

I say 1 yr + because I assume after a year they should be fully employable, trade depending. The <4 month recruit to hire process along with the time spent on DP1 and up to full trade qualification should be enough time for the a level II clearance to complete. If that isn't enough time, again the process needs to be overhauled so it is.

I say 1 yr + because I assume after a year they should be fully employable, trade depending. The <4 month recruit to hire process along with the time spent on DP1 and up to full trade qualification should be enough time for the a level II clearance to complete. If that isn't enough time, again the process needs to be overhauled so it is.
Tracking now.

Wpns techs need secret before DP1 because of CTAT, etc. It's enforced heavily to, you can get a waiver if it's in progress and waiting on Ottawa but if it's not even started and you show up to the school, you'll be on the next flight home. My DP1 lost half it's candidates in 2012 because of that.

The Italians are the MP's, the British descended are the cooks, the Germans are the drivers, etc,

I don't think there is a push from the Canadian public to meet the 2% target, even PP knows this. The CAF won't see too many changes if the CPC gets their majority. There are far bigger issues in this country right now.
As I understand it, there are a bunch of big things the COC will do almost immediately. And then spending next 4 years defending, justifying, back tracking, covering up, reversing, and modifying decisions as the civil service fights,obstructs, delays, whistle blows, overspends, derails, thwarts and burns everything and anything.

As I understand it, there are a bunch of big things the COC will do almost immediately. And then spending next 4 years defending, justifying, back tracking, covering up, reversing, and modifying decisions as the civil service fights,obstructs, delays, whistle blows, overspends, derails, thwarts and burns everything and anything.

The civil service will be a gigantic pain in the CPC rear end... and obstructive directors and up should be prepared to be let go on.

Always undertake the most controversial and unpopular actions early in the mandate.
…especially when it can be framed as “30% or 100,000 more public servants cost $15 Billion each year and we have no greater productivity in the bureaucracy than before Trudeau hired them…”

Eliminating the sheer wastage of taxpayers’ money for no measurable benefit.

Eliminating the sheer wastage of taxpayers’ money for no measurable benefit.
Yes. And the answer to the resulting furor is straightforward: If you guys want more spending, you guys will have to raise the revenues or we will eventually cut it. We are not going to be the tax-raising "bad guy" while you get to play the chicken-in-every-pot "good guy".

Almost everyone joining the CAF can get by without a clearance for the first year+. Very little risk is assumed in hiring without a completed clearance for 90% of jobs, but a mechanism should be in place to turf someone who can't eventually obtain a clearance.
You are almost completely incorrect.

Don't most people wait on PAT platoon before getting trades training?
Hopefully not more than couple weeks or month. Most people should be scheduled to start trades within a month or less of graduating. Leave a bit of lag time to allow for BMQ recourses, travel, admin, but not too much.
Definitely not long enough to get Level II. Unless it almost done when they finish basic.

Hopefully not more than couple weeks or month. Most people should be scheduled to start trades within a month or less of graduating. Leave a bit of lag time to allow for BMQ recourses, travel, admin, but not too much.
Definitely not long enough to get Level II. Unless it almost done when they finish basic.
We really try not to do that.

Hence the need for timely clearances.
I know in mid 2000's many were left in Pat Platoon with no chance of training before their first BE was finished. It was pretty bad to see so many awaiting training.
Most of the reason at that time was lack of seats available on courses. I am not sure if they have fixed that issue yet. But it doesn't sound like it.

Back