• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can we discuss the questionnaire followed by the aptitude test?

Saberi

Inactive
Reaction score
Since we were told not to discuss the aptitude test with anyone, I was wondering if I can discuss the questionnaire followed by the aptitude test. I have a few questions which have been bugging me lately about it, but I don't want to break the rules.

Saberi said:
Since we were told not to discuss the aptitude test with anyone, I was wondering if I can discuss the questionnaire followed by the aptitude test. I have a few questions which have been bugging me lately about it, but I don't want to break the rules.

Is this the questionnaire you are referring to?

Canadian Forces Trait Self Descriptive Personality Inventory 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/109056.0

"Wrote the Trait Self Descriptive questionnaire after my CFAT..."

Yes, that would be it. It was followed by the aptitude test and I was told that even though I did good on the CFAT, the questionnaire resulted in me being rejected from my trade of choice. (Infantry man).

*EDITED for poor choice of words*

Since I messed up the questionnaire, I was wondering if they keep track of such things, and if I have to prove to the recruiters that I have changed my personality if I want to change my answers to it when I do my second CFAT. I just don't want them to compare the old questionnaire with the new one I will do in 3 months and call me a liar.

Saberi said:
Since I messed up the questionnaire, I was wondering if they keep track of such things, and if I have to prove to the recruiters that I have changed my personality if I want to change my answers to it when I do my second CFAT. I just don't want them to compare the old questionnaire with the new one I will do in 3 months and call me a liar.

The CFAT can be re-written.  Regrettably, the TSD is a "one time" thing and cannot be redone.  There is no mechanism available to request a re-write and the results are kept indefinitely.

Thank you.

If the TSD can't be re-written, there is no chance of me ever being an infantryman, correct?

Also there was another gentleman who was writing the CFAT along with the rest of us and he said to the officer that it was his second time, and he wrote it regularly and did the questionnaire with us. Can you please tell me your source on this info?

DAA said:
The CFAT can be re-written.  Regrettably, the TSD is a "one time" thing and cannot be redone.  There is no mechanism available to request a re-write and the results are kept indefinitely.
Thank you.

If the TSD can't be re-written, there is no chance of me ever being an infantryman, correct?

Also there was another gentleman who was writing the CFAT along with the rest of us and he said to the officer that it was his second time, and he wrote it regularly and did the questionnaire with us. Can you please tell me your source on this info?
Sorry for posting the same post twice, I am new to these forums.

Saberi said:
Thank you.

Does the 31 years and counting in the military count for nothing?

Saberi said:
Thank you.

Not necessarily!  If you did reasonably well on the CFAT but not so well on the other test and were told that Infmn was not a possibility, then there is the likelihood that you may have been eligible to pursue other occupations.  You could have asked for a list of occupations that you were eligible to be processed for, that would be a good starting point.

AlphaBravo said:
Does the 31 years and counting in the military count for nothing?

Only if some of it is spent in a CFRC or as a recruiting agent for a reserve unit. Asking for sources is an EXCELLENT habit to get into in the military as long as you are not a jerk about it and do it smartly (IE don't try to argue with your RSM for a soource, ask politely sometimes the grief isn't worth the question)

Source documents are organic, rules and regulations change all the time, what may have been true yesterday is not necessarily true today. Just lookat the CFAO to DAOD project, it's fluid.

DAA said:
Not necessarily!  If you did reasonably well on the CFAT but not so well on the other test and were told that Infmn was not a possibility, then there is the likelihood that you may have been eligible to pursue other occupations.  You could have asked for a list of occupations that you were eligible to be processed for, that would be a good starting point.

I did not mean to offend you in anyway, but since you are a veteran, your information may be outdated since the recruiters themselves told me that these questionnaires became important in the recruiting process only a few months ago.

DAA said:

Also I was offered some other trades, non of which interested me. So my chances of being an infantry man are ruined?  :crybaby:

I was just contacted by my recruiter and he told me that it was a "one shot deal".

*SOLVED *

Saberi said:
I was just contacted by my recruiter and he told me that it was a "one shot deal".

*SOLVED *

See, so I was right all along!    :salute:

NSDreamer said:
Asking for sources is an EXCELLENT habit to get into in the military as long as you are not a jerk about it and do it smartly (IE don't try to argue with your RSM for a soource, ask politely sometimes the grief isn't worth the question)

Source documents are organic, rules and regulations change all the time, what may have been true yesterday is not necessarily true today. Just lookat the CFAO to DAOD project, it's fluid.

I couldn't agree with you more on asking for the "reference" when being given an answer.  Some people will take such a request as an insult but some will be more than accommodating and provide one.  In this instance, providing a "reference/source" to someone who is an "applicant" to the CF, probably won't mean much to them and has the potential to create problems in the long run.

Back