• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can I still apply for the trade that is "not hiring" at the moment

JLee

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi
I'm hoping to apply for the medical laboratory technologist trade, but it looks like the trade is closed for now according to the CAF website.
My question is, should I wait till it reopens, or is it ok to give it a shot and send my application now? And if not, do you know when they are going to accept the applicants again?
Thanks in advance,

Good day JLee,

The Medical Laboratory Technologist (M Lab Tech) occupation is currently open for limited processing under the skilled entry plan (Called Direct Entry under the education requirements on the website). That being said if the occupation was closed, applicants can still submit an application for the closed occupation. Once the application is received for a closed occupation it should remain open for one full year from the date the application is submitted however the application would only be processed in the event that the chosen closed occupation becomes open for processing.

This link will take you back to the M Lab Tech information on the website:
http://www.forces.ca/en/job/medicallaboratorytechnologist-67

Thanks for the info, MCpl Steven. Just one more question regarding the skilled entry plan. Since I'm a certified MLT in BC and have been working full time at the medical lab for three years now, would I be eligible for the direct entry?

Good day JLee,

During the application process a review of your education towards the requirements of your chosen occupations and entry plan will be determined upon review of your official academic transcript. 

If it is determined during the recruiting process that your qualifications and past experience along with the results from your testing do not meet the requirements of a your chosen occupation and entry plan then information will be provided to you from the recruiter processing your application on how you can improve on your application in order to meet the requirements for the occupation or be more competitive against other applicants applying for the same occupation.

The first step in determining if you meet the requirements for the Skilled entry plan in the M Lam Tech occupation is to submit a online application.

Follow the below link to begin your application process:

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

Back