• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT - Winter Operation - CADPAT NBC Suit

soldiers301

Inactive
Reaction score
Chek this out ! A photo of the new CADPAT - Winter Operation Pattern ! And the new CADPAT NBC Suit !

Is this an example of the "Feminization" of the Canadian Army?  ;D  I notice that they managed to scrounge up some Female Mannequins for the displays......just doesn't look quite right.

GW

Ooooooh... new snow shoes... no more futile rolling around on the ground because the back end of the snow shoe is firmly embedded in the ground.

Ooooooh... new snow shoes... no more futile rolling around on the ground because the back end of the snow shoe is firmly embedded in the ground.

Agreed!!!

No more DoubleTap, Dash, Trip, Down, Scramble, Observe, Fire, Communicate, Attempt to move... :p

Why do we have "tails" on our snowshoes anyways?

Its a good thing our defence money is being spent on adding grey splotches to the whites and ensuring our ankles are now cadpat incase you are stepping on the enemy... :p :p :p

Yes the most important thing here in my opinon is the snow shoes and I hope they disperese those asap.  They rest of the stuff I doubt we'll see before we are retired.

Not trying to be negitive(I think CADPAT is a good thing)but does anyone else think that the CF is going a little overboard on the CADPAT kick?
I mean whats next,boxer,general purpose,CADPAT,mark 1 A1?

I BELIEVE The "tails" on our snowshoes keep the ends from 'flicking' up as we lift our feet.. you will see (As I have, as the whole family uses the sport type snowshoes) that the rear of the snowshoes tend to snap up and throw snow at your back.. the only thing that might prevent this with those new shoes is that the bindings look to be the same as the ones the CF currently has.. soft and not as "rubbery" as the sport snowshoes and bindings.  We'll see.. I can't wait!

gun plumber said:
Not trying to be negitive(I think CADPAT is a good thing)but does anyone else think that the CF is going a little overboard on the CADPAT kick?
I mean whats next,boxer,general purpose,CADPAT,mark 1 A1?

As long as a cam pattern exists, doesn't hurt to make all field equipment in that pattern... a slight elevation in cost as a trade off for a moderate elevation in concealment.

Funny, the arctic cam looks kind of plain.  It is nothing different then wearing the pure white covers for a few days and getting them dirty.

Is their any plans to make the Gortex Parka and Bib in this pattern?

Why would they do that? The whites are inteded to be worn over the cold weather gear anyway. Not much sense in making a uniform thats intended to be worn during normal working conditions out of crisp, mostly white fabric...

Being a skiier, anyone notice the new plastic bindings for the mukluk on the black Fischer skis?

Arctic CADPAT are reversible, one side is totally white, and the other side is the grey and white pattern. They provide IR protection in the Arctic and better camouflage when you are not in total white environment.

Infanteer they do have the parka and bib pants in cadpat.
gunplumber when 3VP was trialing the new cadpat they had cadpat undershirts.

All this equipment is in consideration, but the color of the CADPAT is hard to produce with different fabric, but the technology upgrade will be able to produce them in large quantities in the next few year.

When I was in 3 VP, my coy did a final trial on the CADPAT.  We were all issued a CADPAT coolmax t-shirt.  Looks good, put really holds the odour in.  After two days on a light infantryman, it reeked.

Back