• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT - Winter Operation - CADPAT NBC Suit

with the ski's, they are atleast fish scale ski's. they have what lookslike fish scales, so wen you push backwards on them they grip the snow, but will glide on the scow forward.

i saw ski's and half expected then to need to be waxed

I can't quite make out what they are made of, but I'd like to see the winter camo made like the Russian stuff. I have a set and they very nice.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it looks like the old winter whites we had which are just a thin material that you wear over your parka and it doesn't appear to have any insulation factor.

There is a picture of the TW, AR, and Arctic CADPAT clothing at Fort York.  In that picture all 3 soldiers have Tac Vests in the actual Cadpat they were wearing, i.e. a AR TV and an Arctic TV.

I wonder if the arctic TV is just small whites pieces that somehow fit onto the TW TV sort of like how our whites go over our normal clothing.

I would be thoroughly stunned if an Arctic TV was ever actually produced beyond the prototype stage - the cost would be very, very hard to justify.

There is a picture of the TW, AR, and Arctic CADPAT clothing at Fort York.  In that picture all 3 soldiers have Tac Vests in the actual Cadpat they were wearing, i.e. a AR TV and an Arctic TV.

I would be thoroughly stunned if an Arctic TV was ever actually produced beyond the prototype stage - the cost would be very, very hard to justify.

Check your picture again. If you're thinking of the same poster I'm thinking of, then the guy in the Arctic gear isn't wearing a TV. Its the poster that  has a pic of a guy in arctic gear kneeling on the left, then the AR CADPAT guy standing in the middle, then the TW CADPAT guy on the right sporting a CADPAT gas mask carrier.

Here is a link to the newest CADPAT Coverall for Chemical Warfare. The 24 Million contract was awarded to Pacific Safety Products to produce 50 000 CW Coverall. They will be produce in both version of the CADPAT and will be delivered in 2005.

http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1107/topstories/story20e.htm

Ghostwalk said:
Check your picture again. If you're thinking of the same poster I'm thinking of, then the guy in the Arctic gear isn't wearing a TV. Its the poster that  has a pic of a guy in arctic gear kneeling on the left, then the AR CADPAT guy standing in the middle, then the TW CADPAT guy on the right sporting a CADPAT gas mask carrier.

That is the poster I am talking about.  Also didnt the guy in the AR Cadpat in the middle have an AR Tacvest?

Also didnt the guy in the AR Cadpat in the middle have an AR Tacvest?

Yup. But I've never seen one in real life though. Same with the CADPAT gas mask pouch.

New Finnish snow suit

http://tietokannat.mil.fi/harma04/include/thumbnail.php?id=81&width=640

>> Its a good thing our defence money is being spent on adding grey splotches to the whites

>> does anyone else think that the CF is going a little overboard on the CADPAT kick?

indeed... When i saw this winter white cadpat, I thought "they have to be kidding me".  The woodland cadpat is extremely effective, Desert version makes sense... but this white stuff is ridiculous.

What's next, paint naval vessels in a blue form of cadpat so they can't be seen on the water???

601307.jpg

Now everybody wants it.

I don't ;)  I think maybe I'll boycott the white cadpat, out of principle.

Kinda reminds me, we should apply some army logic to the air force and paint the Sea Kings in Cadpat, make 'em good as new.

lol I like it!
Paint everythin in CadPat.  All vehicles, weapons and equipment.  Airplanes get a light blue, grey and white CADPAT, boats get a CADPAT of darker blues, tanks and guns get woodland CADPAT...
New versions of DEUs and Mess kit can be made with CADPAT having a gold-outline on the pixels (to  make it fancy).
The Forces could have an official CADPAT Appreciation Day.
CADPATMANIA!!!

You cant paint the Sea Kings Cadpat. We would never find them after there "unscheduled landing" in the forst.

(Please read with a sense of humour.)

Lol you should paint the Sea King in CADPAT Temperate Woodland ...Cause Sea King is always on the ground for mechanical problem  :p :dontpanic:

Back