• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Sniper suits/smocks myth or reality?

P

pappy

ok, maybe old news, but anyone know anything about the CADPAT issue sniper suits / smocks?  Myth or actual issue? 
Wonder if the USMC will ever do some MARPAT smock, I always thought the Canadians and Brits had the right idea.  I like a good smock.
All the help the Brits gave the Marine Corps setting up sniper/scout units during and after WW2 you'd think they would have picked up on smocks too.

If you have ever seen the the truth duty valor series watch the episode regarding the under water demolition training. I may have my episodes crossed but in that one the advanced recon teams had a top made up of shredded cadpat mesh. For the transition coming from sea to land it look to break up the user very well much like a regular ghille. The biggest difference was the mesh/material didnt soak up the water like burlap. Iam sure some others might remember this episode and be able to expand on this episode. Nice design thou ....almost looked like a saskwatch coming outa the lake....pretty cool. 

Pappy, the suits exist in both CADPAT TW and AR. They consist of a smock, padded at the elbows and shoulders, and pants padded on the front.

Go see this video, this is Canadian Sniper in Afghanistan. They worn the new CADPAT AR sniper suit.

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=videos&template=detail_f.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=381&site=combatcamera

thanks for the info, a buddy of mine is sending me a set of the AR and TW to review.  I was a little doubtful till he showed me a pic or two.  I wonder what it will take to talk him out of them, by the time we get done trading, if he even lets me tempt him I think I'll need a shower and some victom consouling...

and how do you feel about them after holding them Trinity?
any comments you care to share? I'd be insterested to hear what your thoughts on it are
Not trying to be sarcastic, I just like to hear what people think about new gear

Ask Andyboy,  ha ha I talked his ear off a few times chatting about kit

In the video on the one guys C7 rifle it lookks like there is CADPAT AR tape on the barrel. Is it?

It's not hard to make the pattern, just make a template or you could check out lauerweaponry.com and purchase the kit itself. :salute:

You guys may, or may not believe this!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canadian-CADPAT-AR-SNIPER-SUIT-Size-LARGE-RARE_W0QQitemZ6553337845QQcategoryZ104023QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

perhaps somone with a litle bit more experise in this area can confirm the authenticity of this.  the things you find on e bay!

cheers

PV

If I were at work I could look up the NSN's provided.

I do recall seeing CADPAT smocks at the QM a few months back.

Back