• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Sniper suits/smocks myth or reality?

It is real.  Looks like the trial ones here at work, only it is AR and the ones here are TW.  My monitor is to green and the one Pappy showed looks TW to me.

that's where I found that pic, on ebay.  and yes it looks like the ones my buddy sent to me

Something isn't adding up right here.....  ^-^

Kal said:
  Something isn't adding up right here.....    ^-^

I think, if you've got something to say, it's only fair and expected that you say it. You seem to be making a veiled accusation here. If it's not cleared up pronto, your post will be removed.

recceguy said:
I think, if you've got something to say, it's only fair and expected that you say it. You seem to be making a veiled accusation here. If it's not cleared up pronto, your post will be removed.

Not my intention, sorry if it seemed like something else.  I meant that Pappy and his friends get some sweet and rare kit and am just left wondering where it comes from.  I guess it's not really my place to ask though.  I appologize to any that may be offended.

First there is no reason for anyone to jump on Kal's case for his harmelss comment, I know he ment nothing by it.
Second, he has no need to applogize to me.

Just wait until you see the Barracudda ghillie suits!!!!

Saw them in arid and TW at the infantry conferance... sooo sweet... simply put, it is a mesh suit (same mesh I think as our pers cam nets) with tie down points all over it. As it is mesh, the sniper will not overheat quiet like with the home made BDU versions. I dont recall if the front was mesh or cloth (for crawling/stalking).

They also had the above noted sniper suits... it was all we could do to restrain ourselves from grabbing the entire manniquin (??) modelling the suit and fleeing out of the armouries with MPs chasing us  ;D

I've seen the Barracuda suits on thier web site, pretty cool stuff...  I few years back I emailed them for some info on thier personal screens and other products (vehical cam screens etc.)  They where nice enough to send me a couple of personal screens and a big section of the vehical screens too.  Everyone should check out thier site to see thier before & after photos of a truck.  Talked a while to thier US rep, nice guy, got him to send some Personal screens the the USMC Scout / Sniper school at Camp Lejeune free of charge.  I hope they (the US) replaces the crap ones we used to use, the laurndry bag mesh ones. The Barracuda ones are heads and shoulder above them old ones.

I agree the CDN personal camo screens just scream to be torn in to garnish for Ghillie suits

I think this is it.  Pappy, this is all that i could find ?

http://www.barracuda.se/node5563.asp

owned by saab.  That's cool.

cheers guys,

PV

I contacted them before SAAB Bought them.

http://www.barracuda.se/node1332.asp
You sort of have to browse thier entire site to see all the interesting stuff.  try looking in thier "products" area and follow the different menus

ULCANS  (thier vehical type camo)

Multispectral, lightweight and easy-to-handle camouflage screens makes for a new revolution in hiding military objects - to achieve perfect protection while in a static position. 

Back