• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Altama boots

pict

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could give their opinion about the Altama boots... Specifically, the black infantry combat boots? and what is the deal with the zipper on the side of the boots...

I went with the Matterhorn 1998 Marine Infantry boots.  These are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.  Feels like your wearing slippers... not cheap though.

no experience with that particular model but I bought the 6852 black jungle (cheaper than the milspec) and you get what you pay for.
I used it for some jungle trekking in Panama and they worked as expected: good traction on the red clay, drain fast, mostly comfortable, not too heavy.

Next time I would get the milspec one as the leather is more durable, has more material so it is easier to put on and take off (the cheaper ones are a bit tight) and has more eyelets for the lacing - better construction overall.

chimo,
Frank

Back