• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Iowa was a foregone conclusion. The issue was going to be by what sort of margin. And the margin was massive.

Raniswami has now suspended his campaign. DeSantis is on borrowed time and has started jumping NH and is campaigning in SC.

Haley has to win NH to stay in the race.

It’s Trump’s race to lose.

Iowa was a foregone conclusion. The issue was going to be by what sort of margin. And the margin was massive.

Raniswami has now suspended his campaign. DeSantis is on borrowed time and has started jumping NH and is campaigning in SC.

Haley has to win NH to stay in the race.

It’s Trump’s race to lose.

Biggest margin in history, if I'm not mistaken. His base just received the biggest energizer that they could've asked for.

This is a win for the democrats (and therefore, not a win for the country). IMO, if Haley is the nominee, the Republicans win the White House, and the US is better for it. If Trump is the nominee, we get 2-3 more years of Biden TOPS before he keels over or is "25th'd" and the VP takes over.

If an election were today and Trump takes all solid and leaning Republican states, and Biden takes all solid and leaning Democrat states and also all toss up states... Trump still wins.

Watch for the crazy "Trump is Hitler" attacks to pick up justifying any means to take him down... because what wouldn't you do to take out Hitler, right?

If an election were today and Trump takes all solid and leaning Republican states, and Biden takes all solid and leaning Democrat states and also all toss up states... Trump still wins.

Watch for the crazy "Trump is Hitler" attacks to pick up justifying any means to take him down... because what wouldn't you do to take out Hitler, right?

They're probably already in contract talks with Killary Inc.

Trump isn’t electable.

I mean I’d vote Biden over him…

If it’s crazy and it works, is it still crazy?

What I don’t get is how anyone can think DJT and his hairpiece Doris would make a good president, I mean V1 wasn’t exactly stellar, and the V2 is extremely unstable.

The polls and latest in Iowa indicate he is indeed very electable.

40% of the Iowa vote would have stood behind one other candidate if one of DeSantis or Haley were not present.

Haley is the candidate most favoured by the neo-cons/NeverTrumpers in the Republican party. If they had all gotten behind DeSantis months ago as a "good enough" candidate, this would just be a two-candidate race. They couldn't even manage to swallow their sense of entitlement a little. It's not too late, but they are so dead set on everything-or-nothing that I doubt Haley can be dropped out in time.

Well that is one state. Having been to Iowa I was already questioning their judgement, now it’s just been solidified …

Don’t Iowa license plates say “The Pass Through State?”

40% of the Iowa vote would have stood behind one other candidate if one of DeSantis or Haley were not present.

Haley is the candidate most favoured by the neo-cons/NeverTrumpers in the Republican party. If they had all gotten behind DeSantis months ago as a "good enough" candidate, this would just be a two-candidate race. They couldn't even manage to swallow their sense of entitlement a little. It's not too late, but they are so dead set on everything-or-nothing that I doubt Haley can be dropped out in time.
Problem is DeSantis is a wet noodle/rice pudding personality

The fact remains that Trump is the leading Rep candidate and while Biden is tanking hard.
You may want to give this a read…

The fact remains that Trump is the leading Rep candidate and while Biden is tanking hard.
…in one state, in one party, in a winter storm so 15% of the total Republican voters cast a ballot.

Or, as the article that @KevinB shared:

Where it gets interesting is who those non-Trump voters are. In a poll of likely caucus-goers conducted by the Des Moines Register in conjunction with NBC News just before the vote, 48 percent gave Donald Trump as their first choice at the caucus they planned to attend. That number tracks fairly closely to Trump’s final vote total of 51 percent. Eleven percent of those likely caucus voters told pollsters that if Donald Trump ends up being the Republican Party nominee, they will vote for Joe Biden. Using last night’s vote totals, that is 12,132. In the same poll of likely caucus-goers, 20 percent said they planned to vote for Nikki Haley. Stunningly, among Haley’s 20 percent of the caucus voters, 43 percent said that if Trump is the Republican Party’s nominee in November, they will vote for Joe Biden. That is an incredible number when you consider that these are Republican voters.

It's important to remember that these numbers are unlikely to include typical Biden voters, who tend to be less white, more urban, and younger in age. In the state of Iowa, folks, when you talk about Republican voters, you are talking about some of the most rural, evangelical, Caucasian, and older voters in the whole country. According to figures from the Wall Street Journal, 35 percent of Iowa caucus voters last night were between 45 and 64 years old, and 31 percent were over 65. Ninety-seven percent were white, one percent were Hispanic, and zero percent were Black or Asian. Sixty-three percent of Iowa caucus-goers had not graduated from college. Seventy-two percent described themselves as either somewhat or very conservative. Forty-six percent described themselves as “white evangelical/white born-again Christians.” Sixty-one percent said they had at least one gun in their household.

There’s celebrating early, then there’s saying someone’s going to win a marathon based on their performance in the first 50 meters.

Back