• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

There isn't much use clinging to oddball unproven theories about what happened during an election in which novel measures had to be taken to safeguard public health, particularly when most of the underlying evidence has plausible explanations rooted in mundane things like "how advance and mail-in votes are collected", and "these states count early votes last". Some of the jurisdictions did themselves no favours by making their vote-counting processes look opaque, but the bar for fraud has to be a provable claim. If the election comes down to one district in one swing state; sure, anything that doesn't look like customary practice has to be investigated to the roots.

Given the circumstances in entirety there ought to have been, and ought to be now, transparent audits of all vote counting. Saying there is no evidence so we won't look too deeply isn't the bar for election integrity democratic nations should strive for. Government doesn't get the "innocent until proven guilty" right. It must demonstrate its above board at all times and this hasn't been the case in other aspects, why should it be assumed that's the case in election integrity?

I don't think Trump's fast food and diet coke diet balances out much.

Hopefully Biden pulls the plug and enjoys his retirement in private. Seems like a replacement might be a sacrificial lamb regardless, but he seems to be rapidly declining mentally, which is a pretty horrible things to see your loved ones go through and don't wish that on anyone.

I don't think Trump's fast food and diet coke diet balances out much.

Hopefully Biden pulls the plug and enjoys his retirement in private. Seems like a replacement might be a sacrificial lamb regardless, but he seems to be rapidly declining mentally, which is a pretty horrible things to see your loved ones go through and don't wish that on anyone.

His handful of PR stunts with fast food are probably not an indicator of his normal diet.

His handful of PR stunts with fast food are probably not an indicator of his normal diet.
What are they an indicator of? I have no idea why someone would choose fast food as a PR stunt in the first place.

What I’m really shocked at is Texans not revolting at well-done steak with ketchup 🤣

Dinner for one this evening, sir?

1720804597815.png

Okay, it's not all for him. It was a reception for the Clemson Tigers, winners of college football national championship. They do, however, seem to have the same discerning palate as the former president.

1720805194367.png

What are they an indicator of? I have no idea why someone would choose fast food as a PR stunt in the first place.

What I’m really shocked at is Texans not revolting at well-done steak with ketchup 🤣
At least he can eat solid food, some old folks require creamed food.
nurse eating GIF by South Park

Can we all agree here that even if you rabidly hate the other side’s candidate (including Canadian politics), we do not condone political assassinations?

I can’t believe I had to ask that out loud.
Right?

The story is that Trump has a fear of being poisoned and seems to think that there is less chance if he eats fast food. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I heard that little gem.

"The story". Yeah, it'd be helpful if there was more than that to go on.
This story delves into it a bit. It does mention the “poisoning thing” but likely has more to do with food poisoning than medieval style poisoning. Seems like there are a variety of reasons why he eats it.

Sounds like he just likes the stuff.

This 2018 article from Business Insider quotes Michael Wolff author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" which mentions Trumps fear of being poisoned as the reason for eating fast food.

Back