• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Questionable election antics? The election in 2020 was one of the most transparent, monitored, and studied elections anywhere, ever. And Trump lost big.
Ok, but it turns out there were questionable election antics, it just had to do with the Republican fraudulent elector plots that have already started seeing guilty pleas.

Questionable election antics? The election in 2020 was one of the most transparent, monitored, and studied elections anywhere, ever. And Trump lost big.

All fifty state elections were clean and there is no evidence of fraud. Elections just happen to be the only American institution that are miraculously without a thumb on the scale. Amazing!

All fifty state elections were clean and there is no evidence of fraud. Elections just happen to be the only American institution that are miraculously without a thumb on the scale. Amazing!
The point isn’t that is was without issue, the point is that the issues that where discovered didn’t affect the actual outcome.

Well other than the antics of some misguided idiots on Jan 6th who tried to affect an outcome illegally.

If the system can't be fully audited it cannot be trusted. Between mass mail in votes and electronic machines, integrity of the election is gone. This is why other countries will only use in person voting on election day. With mass mail in voting you've just added postal clerks and post offices as additional risk areas. The current US system is not auditable and therefore integrity cannot be verified.

The Jan6 people wanted a delay and the election results verified because of the questionable shit that occurred. From bell weather state victories to the midnight pause, and the sudden Biden jump after the election would have been won and declared in any other year.

All fifty state elections were clean and there is no evidence of fraud.

Sorry, I recognize you might have missed this, but evidence did in fact later emerge that there were serious attempts of fraud around the elections. It didn't get a whole lot of attention, but there's at least a bit of it in the public domain now if you're interested. See for your further perusal:

Nevada election fraud prosecution

Georgia election fraud prosecution

Michigan election fraud prosecution

Arizona election fraud investigation

Federal election fraud prosecution

So no, you're right- the election was by no means squeaky clean, and serious fraud was attempted, has been or is being investigated, and is being prosecuted in a number of jurisdictions.

I’m sorry he can play whatever story he wants elsewhere but that tainted him for me as caring at all about LE, we can also see that he’s called wounded vets ‘suckers’ so fuck that guy and his crocodile tears.
Now, I know we've trashed Snopes as fact checkers before, mostly for their far leftist opinions. However, if they are sticking up for Trump, instead of the normal hatchet jobs, I think we can assume they are probably right. A quick perusal of other hits, confirms the findings of Snopes.

"In sum, the claim stemmed from a story by The Atlantic, which relied on anonymous, second-hand reports of Trump's alleged words; there was no independent footage or documented proof to substantiate the in-question comments; and Trump vehemently denies that he once called service members "losers" and "suckers." While it was certainly possible that he said those things, Snopes was unable to independently verify the claim."
By Nur Ibrahim
Nur Nasreen Ibrahim is a reporter with experience working in television, international news coverage, fact checking, and creative writing.

Perhaps we can put this to rest and quit perpetuating rumour and whisper campaigns?

Reactions: QV
Now, I know we've trashed Snopes as fact checkers before, mostly for their far leftist opinions. However, if they are sticking up for Trump, instead of the normal hatchet jobs, I think we can assume they are probably right. A quick perusal of other hits, confirms the findings of Snopes.

"In sum, the claim stemmed from a story by The Atlantic, which relied on anonymous, second-hand reports of Trump's alleged words; there was no independent footage or documented proof to substantiate the in-question comments; and Trump vehemently denies that he once called service members "losers" and "suckers." While it was certainly possible that he said those things, Snopes was unable to independently verify the claim."
By Nur Ibrahim
Nur Nasreen Ibrahim is a reporter with experience working in television, international news coverage, fact checking, and creative writing.

Perhaps we can put this to rest and quit perpetuating rumour and whisper campaigns?
I know some folks first hand who heard it…

So fuck him, and whoever hitches to his wagon.

If the system can't be fully audited it cannot be trusted. Between mass mail in votes and electronic machines, integrity of the election is gone. This is why other countries will only use in person voting on election day. With mass mail in voting you've just added postal clerks and post offices as additional risk areas. The current US system is not auditable and therefore integrity cannot be verified.
Yeah, that’s not correct.

My spouse worked at Elections Canada with…you guessed it…international voting by mail.

With the exception of him calling the Capital Police thugs for shooting Jan 6 rioters.

I’m sorry he can play whatever story he wants elsewhere but that tainted him for me as caring at all about LE, we can also see that he’s called wounded vets ‘suckers’ so fuck that guy and his crocodile tears.

Both aren’t fit for office.
Ya know what? Those are some mighty good points that you made, and fair enough! I'm inclined to agree - especially that last line.

Trump has typically been pretty pro police tho, and has often praised his Secret Service detail as well as other LEO's - and just recently I believe was endorsed by a law enforcement association in Michigan...

It seems like he has more LEO support than Biden? But thats just how it seems to someone outside of America looking in 🤷‍♂️

Ya know what? Those are some mighty good points that you made, and fair enough! I'm inclined to agree - especially that last line.

Trump has typically been pretty pro police tho, and has often praised his Secret Service detail as well as other LEO's - and just recently I believe was endorsed by a law enforcement association in Michigan...

It seems like he has more LEO support than Biden? But thats just how it seems to someone outside of America looking in 🤷‍♂️
The GOP writ large may have more LEO support than the Democrats, but otherwise I’m not too sure.

They have more Leo support not because something about being an Leo makes you Republicans is that the same thing that draws people to being a Leo also draws people to being Republicans writ. large

They have more Leo support not because something about being an Leo makes you Republicans is that the same thing that draws people to being a Leo also draws people to being Republicans writ. large

Which is ?

Yeah, that’s not correct.

My spouse worked at Elections Canada with…you guessed it…international voting by mail.

A canard. Our mail in voting is highly vetted and not something to be wholly worried about. The mail in ballots down stateside is anyone wanting a mail in ballot, which results in a full neighbourhood of Frank and Francine Smiths. All posted by one person with a shoehorn to get them into a drop box. Plus ballot harvesting by one person going into an old age homes and the like, and signing everyone up. Our system cannot be equated to theirs.

A canard. Our mail in voting is highly vetted and not something to be wholly worried about. The mail in ballots down stateside is anyone wanting a mail in ballot, which results in a full neighbourhood of Frank and Francine Smiths. All posted by one person with a shoehorn to get them into a drop box. Plus ballot harvesting by one person going into an old age homes and the like, and signing everyone up. Our system cannot be equated to theirs.
But that’s not what I was responding to.

All I was responding to was QV’s assertion that no country other than the US does mail in voting. I said nothing about how good or bad the system is in each country.

But, since you brought it up…

But that’s not what I was responding to.

All I was responding to was QV’s assertion that no country other than the US does mail in voting. I said nothing about how good or bad the system is in each country.

But, since you brought it up…

That's the way it's supposed to work. A quick simple search produced the following.

Back