• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Sure, that too, but given the way various agencies are drawn to investigate all matters Trump, the safe bet is that if they're not investigating, it's because they already looked and it didn't even measure up to "pee tape" standards.

Anything else you want to offer up as a distraction?
Is it possible that it's not because the "various agencies" are out to get him, but that he hasn't actually been an upstanding citizen most of his life and it's just now catching up?

I have no doubt that Biden's son was influence peddling, but was pretty much an amateur. The kind of stuff that was ignored in the "old days," the same old days that certain people seem to want to go back to so it is "great again." Maybe it is better we are airing all that out.

My understanding is that Trump, however, was playing loose with the rules his entire life. “I’ll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win.” (The Art of the Deal, 1987) Given that attitude I'm not surprised he drifted over the line.

To be fair, I think he (and many of his followers) honestly believed they were trying to save the country in 2020. But they stepped over a line (again, in my opinion).

It was prompted by this (all over various tech channels)

Elon Musk says Neuralink implanted wireless brain chip​

Elon Musk says Neuralink implanted wireless brain chip

People were going on about a tech billionaire creating the Vid to implant chips in people, and now totally cool with this actual tech billionaire implanting chips in people's brains, so they could not have to bother using their hands like a chump to work their phone.

It's a tech with really useful applications, and his focus is letting people tweet or some BS. I think having less of a filter between people and their tech devices is probably a terrible, terrible idea, nor do I trust this guy not to beam ads or charge subsription fees to continue walking. The internet of things probably shouldn't include your brain.
I heard about the implant but never connected it to Covid, I have never heard about that conspiracy theory being a wide spread thing.

I heard about the implant but never connected it to Covid, I have never heard about that conspiracy theory being a wide spread thing.
They aren't actually related, just seems like the a lot of the same people that think Bill Gates created Covid to implant people with chips and is the tech devil, also think Elon musk the the tech Jeebus despite him literally putting chips in people's thinkers. This is the same guy that is a 'Free Speech Absolutist', as long as you don't contradict him, criticize him or disagree with him, then you are banned.

'This walk is loading... right after this ad from our sponsor!'

No thanks.

Is it possible that it's not because the "various agencies" are out to get him, but that he hasn't actually been an upstanding citizen most of his life and it's just now catching up?

I have no doubt that Biden's son was influence peddling, but was pretty much an amateur. The kind of stuff that was ignored in the "old days," the same old days that certain people seem to want to go back to so it is "great again." Maybe it is better we are airing all that out.

My understanding is that Trump, however, was playing loose with the rules his entire life. “I’ll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win.” (The Art of the Deal, 1987) Given that attitude I'm not surprised he drifted over the line.

To be fair, I think he (and many of his followers) honestly believed they were trying to save the country in 2020. But they stepped over a line (again, in my opinion).
Quite the story.

They aren't actually related, just seems like the a lot of the same people that think Bill Gates created Covid to implant people with chips and is the tech devil, also think Elon musk the the tech Jeebus despite him literally putting chips in people's thinkers. This is the same guy that is a 'Free Speech Absolutist', as long as you don't contradict him, criticize him or disagree with him, then you are banned.

'This walk is loading... right after this ad from our sponsor!'

No thanks.
So your original post was meant to call out some unnamed person who subscribed to the conspiracy theory that the Covid vaccine was designed to insert microchips in people who as well are supporters of Elon Musk and are cool with him implanting chips in people's head. I suspect that constituency is rather small.

They’re not investigating the Saudi money?
"They" (House Democrats) were when they controlled the committee. The Republicans didn't continue it. Comer indicated at one point he'd like to see a couple of bipartisan investigations and some new ethics legislation. I don't know if that went forward. Maybe Democrats have less appetite for pursuing both lines.

Certainly. As always, I think "do both" (or "do all") ought to be the guiding principle. Many Republicans wouldn't mind being shot of Trump, but Democrats seem less willing to take the risk of a Mueller-like investigation into Biden's affairs.

Certainly. As always, I think "do both" (or "do all") ought to be the guiding principle. Many Republicans wouldn't mind being shot of Trump, but Democrats seem less willing to take the risk of a Mueller-like investigation into Biden's affairs.
Well POTUS did release all his tax data, unlike a certain Former President who now it seems fairly clear why he did not want to do so…

"They" (House Democrats) were when they controlled the committee. The Republicans didn't continue it. Comer indicated at one point he'd like to see a couple of bipartisan investigations and some new ethics legislation. I don't know if that went forward. Maybe Democrats have less appetite for pursuing both lines

If you need to legislate ethics the country has failed to elect people who are ethical. Same thing goes for this country.

Today is judgement day in the civil fraud trial, no? I guess for the next while Trump donors will actually be donating money to E Jean Carroll and the state of New York.
Are you saying he's going to use campaign funds to pay a civil fine? Would that not be illegal?

Well POTUS did release all his tax data, unlike a certain Former President who now it seems fairly clear why he did not want to do so…
Is there a law requiring him to do so? Not what the status quo is, but an actual law saying a sitting POTUS must release all of his tax records?

So he didn't do anything illegal. He just didn't roll with the status quo. Makes some sense considering his taxes include multi million dollar real estate and other businesses. Something no other POTUS has been in the position for. What kind of insane businessman would lay out all the financial records and inner workings of his holdings for the world to see?

Again, nothing compelling and no legal reason to do so.

Even if Biden did release his records, they are immaterial. They are a completely bogus representation of his worth.

Can someone please explain to me how people think the COVID vaccine was intended to get microchips into, but are big supporters of Elon Musk, who is literally implanting chips in people's brains? The dichotomy is mind blowing.

Not to legitimize the suggestion there are microchips in the C19 vaccine, these issues center around consent. I'm guessing some people don't care what you do when consent is involved (nueralink). And there are some people who, when consent is not granted, are ok to force their way onto others (C19 vaccine).

Are you saying he's going to use campaign funds to pay a civil fine? Would that not be illegal?
Not directly, no. He’s been routing tens of millions from PACs to legal fees that otherwise would have come out of his personal assets; he’s made a routine of fundraising off his legal problems, and figuring out ways to shift liabilities and expenses. I don’t see any reason to think he won’t keep aggressively doing so with potentially a couple hundred millions in liabilities. If he intends to appeal verdicts and judgments in the civil cases, he will also likely need to scrape up cash to post bonds covering the judgment amounts before appeals are permitted. That’s certainly the case in his recent large defamation judgment.

Anyway, sorry- not my intent to drag us down a civil court judgments rabbit hole.

I'd like to read about it myself. Can you give me a link to where they say he's diverting funds?

Back