• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

You know, it's just so hard these days to have a decent storming without things getting in the way:

The way I understand it, Trump had a rally down the street not long before and said something to the effect 'you should go down to the Capitol - I'll meet you there'. Inciting a protest is not wrong, but it strikes me as willful blindness to the mix of people that regularly show up to his congregations. He had to know it had a good chance of going south.

Breaking doors and windows, entering a controlled and restricted space to disrupt the business of government taking place; apparently some looting of government property and records. Sure sounds like the elements of an insurrection to me. Clearly a bad insurrection since it seems there was little organization and goal other than mayhem, and no apparent plan to hold the ground, but a direct interference with the workings of democracy nonetheless.

Saw a video of the Ashli Babbitt shooting from a different angle. The shooter appears to be an African American. Hopefully that doesn't incentivize Trump supporters to further violence.

Seeing more and more cellphone videos the behavior inside looks worse than what I suggested and described earlier. My error.

Saw a video of the Ashli Babbitt shooting from a different angle. The shooter appears to be an African American. Hopefully that doesn't incentivize Trump supporters to further violence.

Seeing more and more cellphone videos the behavior inside looks worse than what I suggested and described earlier. My error.
Lots of stuff coming out now. But I had the same thoughts at first when they first came in. Looked like an enthusiastic tour group at first when initial videos were shown. Later though it didn’t look as peaceful as some thought.

Sounds like an awful lot of speculation based on dubious items (can't call them facts) going on in this thread. That's just my take though.

You know, it's just so hard these days to have a decent storming without things getting in the way:

The way I understand it, Trump had a rally down the street not long before and said something to the effect 'you should go down to the Capitol - I'll meet you there'. Inciting a protest is not wrong, but it strikes me as willful blindness to the mix of people that regularly show up to his congregations. He had to know it had a good chance of going south.

Breaking doors and windows, entering a controlled and restricted space to disrupt the business of government taking place; apparently some looting of government property and records. Sure sounds like the elements of an insurrection to me. Clearly a bad insurrection since it seems there was little organization and goal other than mayhem, and no apparent plan to hold the ground, but a direct interference with the workings of democracy nonetheless.
Well as most on the right are busy working they haven't been acclimatized to getting sprayed with mace/pepper spray like many of the professional protesters do.

I don't know how to post video from Instagram, and I don't have a Twitter account.

Anybody able to post the videos of the police not just opening the barricades, but then actively encouraging the mob to enter with a "It's go time!" and "Go! Go! Go!"

I can view it on Instagram, but not sure how to link that video on here

This the same woman?

I believe that my sentence after the "whiff" comment was clear enough that legal action (aka legal grapeshot) was what was required, not actual execution. And there was no way that they were manipulated by both parties. They were manipulated by one man with enblers.
Pure speculation. You have no idea who the people involved were. If you are so absolutely sure, I believe the Capitol Police would like to speak to you. Regardless of the presence of QAnon . You also have no factual idea how or who manipulated this. You can speculate, but you have no proof.

Understand. I don't mind speculation, as long as the poster identifies it as such, but a lot of what is being posted in this thread is written and read as fact. It is not. And it won't be until the official investigation is over. So if you want to post as fact, please provide an official source. Not some politicians guess, not the MSM guessing, not some clipped manipulated video, but verifiable fact.

I'm hoping if we can follow this simple rule, we can have a less heated, more factual adult discussion.

Am I still trolling MJP?

Tanks.

• Trolling
Reactions: MJP
As more footage of the day's events make it onto the internet, I am absolutely astounded at the kid gloves the police treated this mob with. Consider that approximately six months ago the same city gassed, beat (including foreign television crews), and fired rubber bullets on a peaceful protest to clear a route for the President to wave around a bible during a vanity shot in front of a church.

Specifically, I had not seen much footage from the following two videos:

1. Attempt to access the Capitol building via some sort of tunnel or hallway

@12:25 spraying a chemical agent at police
@13:45 stealing a riot shield from an officer
@20:25 attempting to rip a gas mask off of an officer's face
@20:45 coordinated pushing attempting to overwhelm the police line
@21:10 crushing an officer against the door while he screams in pain

2. Footage from the front steps

@1:28 shoving officers without any repercussions
@1:46 throwing metal pipes at police
@1:52 tug-of-war with officers in an attempt to steal crowd control barricades
@2:10 throwing a large 4x4 at an officer, knocking him down
@2:35 attempting to steal a chemical sprayer from an officer's hands
@2:54 pulling an officer to the ground
@2:57 throwing a folding chair at police
@3:02 shoving an officer on the ground who's attempting to retreat

I have watched a lot of US protest footage this year since Minneapolis (both livestreams and recaps), and cannot think of a single instance where this level of provocation was met with such a limp-wristed response by US law enforcement. Insanity.

Looks people forgot that social media and CCTV everywhere at the Capitol is a thing.

Apparently people caught on camera aren’t as brazen now and are issuing apologies and excuses. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

These types........?
Hardline Trump loyalists. The ones who actually still believed the 6th would be the day some ‘plan’ would be revealed that would show a path for Trump to preserve power. The ones who decry any Republican who isn’t also fanatically loyal to Trump. The ones who think Rudy Giuliani and Lin Wood are competent lawyers.

A capitol police officer died as a result of yesterday’s insurrection. No details yet about what or how it happened.

What I’ve read is he was struck in the head by an insurrectionist, and a few hours later had a stroke. He was on life support til the early morning.

I think this is a law enforcement coup(notwithstanding the loss of one of their own)......brought the stupidest, and therefore potentially most dangerous lunatics, out of the woodwork with minimal damage. Meanwhile the millions and millions of normal Americans carried on with their day to day.

insurrection?? I could get more people in a flash mob of half price Gucci handbags.

Hardline Trump loyalists. The ones who actually still believed the 6th would be the day some ‘plan’ would be revealed that would show a path for Trump to preserve power.
I can't tell if Trump is legitimatlely clueless and doesn't understand the context that his hardline followers are taking his commets, or he knows exactly what they're hearing and doing it on purpose. I feel like he's doing it on purpose and then trying to play coy though.

I am absolutely astounded at the kid gloves the police treated this mob with.
It's possible this is a result of the defund the police movement going on and the police were told to stand back and let them do their thing to avoid more complaints. Or it could be a "here you go then" for people who think they don't need the police.

Now an officer has died, I hope the attacker is found.
Throwing heavy objects at people's heads isn't protesting it's an attack.

insurrection?? I could get more people in a flash mob of half price Gucci handbags.
From Merriam-Webster Dictionary: An act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Size of group isn't specified. Also your example isn't a revolt against the govt.

Back