• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

.50 cal rifle with siliencer in action

Video game, Dundgeons and Dragons, whatever. I think I just lost 10 IQ points by merely going to that site.

i dont know where you see that,It gives info on Sound suppression

Leonidio said:
video game?

http://matrix.dumpshock.com/

About Dumpshock Matrix
Dumpshock Matrix is a free service, providing free web hosting for Shadowrun based sites. We're still in the formative stages, so we don't yet have solid guidelines for prospective webmasters. Please stay tuned for updates...

Shadowrun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

Shadowrun is a cyberpunk-urban fantasy cross-genre role-playing game, set in the years 2050, 2053, 2060 or 2070 (depending on the game edition) following a great cataclysm that has brought use of magic back to the world, just as it begins to embrace the marvels (and dangers) of technologies such as cyberspace, everpresent computer networks, genetic engineering, and the merger of man and machine called cyberware.

Research and attribution, try it, you might like it.  It could also help you remain in a defilade position, instead of encountering enfilade fire like this.

You might also want to chek this out ,it points out that it doesen't affect perfomance with sub-sonic ammo

http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/hush.html

So I conclude that the overall performance weither it is positive,same ,or reduced depends on the type of silencer and type of ammunition

"While it is not generally known, silencers, or sound suppressors, can be lawfully possessed in Germany.  The rules of the WaffG treat silencers as firearms.  To buy and possess silencers, a Waffenbesitzkarte is required.  To carry a silencer, a Waffenschein is needed which lists the silencer along with the holder’s firearm(s)."

- http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/inimr-ri.nsf/en/gr118430e.html

Hey kid, nice textbook answer.

I am fairly confident that I have fired more suppressed weapons and rounds thru suppressed weapons that any other poster here (there is at least one lurker who has more).

I’ve shot B&T, BR-T, Ase Utra, KAC, GEMETCH, OPSINC and other suppressors – inc a few beta designs.

One of my good friends is a suppressor design geek and I have met and know quite a few in the field.

No MODERN MILITARY CAN is anything but a dry “baffled can” (although the different baffle stacks used are quite interesting).  That being said they can use inert sprays to lessen first round pop and otherwise reduce combustion in the suppressor body to reduce the Db emitted.

Please dont try to lecture me on this issue.  Your grating on my nerves enough.

I'm getting a picture in my crystal ball.  Lots of smoke.  RMR.  No .50 Cal rifles in sight.  Too much noise.  Can someone turn the radio down?  I see a young soldier.......he is getting picked on.  He just won't STFU.  He just can't understand why everyone is picking on him.  Won't he just STFU?  No he is off trying to impress another crowd with his wisdom.  He just can't STFU.  Now more people are picking on him.  He still can't figure out why.  Why?  I have turned my sound off.  I have put on my Ear Defenders.  He is still making noise.  Will he learn before he is put out of his misery?  Probably not.

Im sorry for "getting on you're nerves" ,I just told you what I knew ,and I didint explain myself clearly,I apologize .
But I have a last question for infidel,to comfirm what I believe,any suppressed weapon,not used with special ammunition has its performance reduced,right? I took all you're posts good,and its good to have experienced people explain themselves.Feel free to say what you think.

No -- most current cans in use with the CF and other Coalition Forces actually increase velocity. (not much - but the performance is not reduced at all -- and accuracy is increased -- unless you removed the muzzle brake of a TAC-50 with a tire iron like some "weapon tech" at XXXX did...)

Infidel-6 said:
No -- most current cans in use with the CF and other Coalition Forces actually increase velocity. (not much - but the performance is not reduced at all -- and accuracy is increased -- unless you removed the muzzle brake of a TAC-50 with a tire iron like some "weapon tech" at XXXX did...)

Likewise.  Thanks for the info.  Now we have to figure out how to lawfully possess one here in Canada, since regardless what you call it, in the CCC it would be a silencing device and therefore a prohibited weapon.

The ramp is now open, the JM is doing his checks....

Leonidio said:
Is it possible?With a restricted weapons liscence?

There is a big difference between restricted and prohibited. And even people who have grandfathered prohib licences can't own certain scheduled items, like butterfly knives, nun-chuk etc. 
Put it outta yer mind, son.

You know it's funny I was just discussing this with one of our Snipers the other day, asking if the can reduced range etc etc. About the only thing he could say negative about it was that at a certain range the can and the scope meet so you can't see your target, but that he said was a pretty moot point given that at the range they met gave more then ample stand off with the target.

The heated air rising from the supressor also tends to distort the sight picture after prolonged firing. That what snipers tell me, anyway, don't know how serious the issue really is.

Britney Spears said:
The heated air rising from the supressor also tends to distort the sight picture after prolonged firing. That what snipers tell me, anyway, don't know how serious the issue really is.
Mirage is an issue with any can - ideally you wont fire a lot of rounds ;)

Back