• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

.50 cal rifle with siliencer in action

Cdnronin

Inactive
Reaction score
Gents,,I hope you are able to open this clip.  It shows one of the Army's McMillan .50's being fired with one of our BR .50 cans.  You will notice that despite firing a 750 gr bullet, there is no disturbance of the ground/dust, and no muzzel flash...the noise in the back ground is 7.62 sniper and MG.  The .50 is quieter.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Suspect187/?action=view&current=JeffArmy17.flv

(you'll need flashplayer to view)

A little front heavy...but that's to be expected...But oh so quiet!!  ;)

Good god!  It sounds like opening up a beer can.  Anybody know how loud that is in reality, or how much of the effective range is hampered by the silencer? 
That is one wicked piece of kit.  >:D

Last time I saw it fired, I had ear plugs in(thanks to the .50cal browning rocking about 30 feet away) and couldnt hear it at all without taking out the plugs.

Anybody know if there is a similar piece of kit for the Bianci?  One of our tac guys is a kit slut and has the whole rig, dedicated scope and all.  If he blew around $7000.00 for the thing, a few more bucks couldn't hurt, right?

Centurian1985 said:
Amazing!  How many rounds is that silencer good for?

We need to get a weapons tech or SME over in this thread.  I can't remember who it is, the member with the flying bullet avatar seems pretty switched on with this stuff.  ???

Canadian Tactical is the supplier of the .50 Reflex Suppressor for the Tac-50

www.canadiantactical.ca

Its suppressor - not silencer BTW.

Suppressor lifespan depends on construction, maintenance, and type of use.  The BR group suppressors will outlast the rifle's barrel during normal use.

I have a "bit" of experience with Canadian Tactical and suppressors.

The Ase Utra J-Zet suppressor for the C7CT comes from CanTac.

magcoupler.jpg

Another CanTac goodie
Pics008.jpg

Me and a spotter with another
F1070003.jpg

Just Me
010.jpg

SAM.jpg

So what about it, Infidel.  Have you noticed any decrease in the effective range as a result of the silencer suppressor being used?

A suppressor reduces the bullets velocity,wich affects range and energy.

I was just giving an answer to zipperhead's post, a fact about all suppressors ,he asked Infidel if he noticed any changes to the performance of the rifle due to the Suppressor.Unless he had a velocity meter,I doubt it,but thats for him to answer that.

Leonidio said:
I was just giving an answer to zipperhead's post, a fact about all suppressors ,he asked Infidel if he noticed any changes to the performance of the rifle due to the Suppressor.Unless he had a velocity meter,I doubt it,but thats for him to answer that.
dude, Zipper was probably well aware of how suppressors act on velocities of bullets fired from a rifle. That would undoubtedly be why he asked Infidel's opinion.

Back