• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2nd and 3rd

skura

Inactive
Reaction score
I've heard that if infantry is your number one choice on your application (whether it be reserve or regs) that, unless something is wrong with your medical or BMQ, they will not decline you for infantry.  So I was wondering (that since infantry is the only main thing that interests me, right now at least) what are some infantry like jobs I could put as my 2nd and 3rd options.

I think 011 Armoured is probably as close to infantry as you can get, or artillery. I put armored and combat engineer as my second and third choice. When I got my call they recruiter told me I have been accepted to all 3 and could have whatever one I wanted.

I don't think they can force you to pick three? I didn't have to.

When I joined in 1985, I told them all I wanted was 031.  They tried to get me to put list others, but I refused.  Three weeks later, I was in Basic Training.  Good luck.

I put down combat engineer and artillery (field) as my option #2 and 3, but they said I didn't need a second or third choice, but they recommended it. It could be possible that the Infantry quota gets filled before the fiscal year end so they then goto your next choice.

It is in your best interest to put down three choices.  Make sure you can live with them though.  If you only want Inf then just have one choice.  The recruiting centre is trying to fill positions.  There might not be any Inf but lots of Armd or Arty.  If you don't have your choice selected you will not get an offer.  The important criteria is you select only positions you can live with if you are offered.

Jeff 

Back