• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 Jan 2008: Hwy. 400 closed after 50-car crash in Bradford, Ont.

D Squared said:
you should have stopped in MM

I couldn't - I put off driving a little too late, so had to cannonball it.  Especially since the turtles were in front of me to bot.

MM

For those planning the MPEV assault: might I suggest rotten pickled herring instead of pickles? Pickles can get pretty smelly if one case is left open (used to be a grocer... you see a thing or two). What about some limburger cheese?

And the idiots were at it again today....401 Eastbound still closed at Cobourg, 400 pile-up close to Bayfield, something on the QEW as well.  What part of "it's snowing, maybe I should slow down" do these folks not understand?
And people think Montreal drivers are bad?  ;D
What a mess out there.

I think that it's the fact they get their licenses from cracker jack boxes. I heard an old rumor that at one time they used to give out licenses like that. Like I said. Rumor. But I don't think they understand it at all.

No big pileups, but I'd have to say that Richmond, BC is the worst place to drive in the history of the automobile. At times it seems like 1/3 of the people on the road bought their license. No one knows what a turn signal is, let alone what a speed limit sign is supposed to mean. When you're crossing the street, it's like people are trying to hit you (I'm not THAT hated... am I?)

When the snow starts to turn up, all hell breaks loose. Every retard with a FWD souped-up ricer is out on the street cavorting around like the road is a friggin' Slip N' Slide.

And my insurance is going up this year because I live in a "high-crash area."

Geez, fullmetalparka, that sounds like Winnipeg. They say here that if you see a turn signal, it was left on at the factory, and the driver hasn't found the switch to turn it off! Everyone drives like they were the only ones on the road - or at least the only one who counts.

A friend of mine and I were crossing at Confusion Corner in Winnipeg one night and she was nearly hit - in a cross walk, on a walk light. She, being a mouthy b**ch, shouted at the driver. He made like he was going to get out of the car, till someone behind him honked. Its as dangerous to walk in Winnipeg as it is to drive - sometimes worse.

:cdn:
Hawk

I cannot stand driving through that area. I tend to try and avoid it as much as possible, due to the fact everybody seems to switch their brains off while driving basically between Barrie and Highway 88 I believe it is, by Bradford. Not to mention that whole portion of highway is brutal for blowing snow and people do not adjust their speeds to the weather. I have a little scanner I listen to the local Fire Dept's with and it is unreal, the amount of MVC's on that portion of the 400.

Hawk, that is not what I wanted to hear moving to Winnipeg next week. Can't get away from bad drivers it seems.

'Fraid not - they are really bad here. I don't drive here if I can avoid it - unless we're heading out of the city. Usually I take the bus. The service isn't wonderful, but its usually somewhere near on schedule, the drivers, for the most part are courteous, and you can get to most, but not all, areas of the city.

Welcome to Winterpeg, guy686. I'm not fond of this place, but, to my mind, there are worse - and its personal opinion, so I won't tell you which cities I hate more.

Hawk

Oh, yeah - and if you aren't paying attention at a corner, and a little 5'-nothing garden gnome with greying hair yells at you, smile and wave - her bark's worse than her bite.  >:D

Hawk

HAHAHA, I'll remember that.

Thanks for the welcome. It should be interesting. Something new to experiance, seeing as Winnipeg will be the furthest west I've gone. At least I should be able to survive the cold after lasting a few years in Goose Bay. Guess we'll see though.

Hawk said:
Welcome to Winterpeg, guy686. I'm not fond of this place, but, to my mind, there are worse - and its personal opinion, so I won't tell you which cities I hate more.
guy 686, you will love Winnipeg, especially in the summer (remember to use the mosquito repellant man!).

HAWK,  I feel your pain but would much rather be there than here in the Center Of The Universe.  I miss The Peg.

D Squared said:
guy 686, you will love Winnipeg, especially in the summer (remember to use the mosquito repellant man!).

Definitely sounds like Goose Bay. Freeze yer arse off in the winter and practically have to bathe in Mosquito Repellant in the summer. I hear there is good fishing in Manitoba as well.

D Squared - I have to agree with you there - about the Centre of the Universe!

Also, in Winnipeg's favour (okay - so I have to concede a GOOD point) They do spray for mosquitoes here, and a good thing. It is nice to go through a whole hot summer with no mosquito bites.

There is great fishing in Manitoba. From Winnipeg, the best are the lakes in Nopoming Park. Check out the Manitoba Provincial Parks site. Jackfish, pickerel, perch, bass, also great camping.

Hawk

Back