• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC/ROTP 2024-2025

Hey all, my portal was showing selected for about a month. When I called the center, they said I had a guaranteed offer coming. Last night I saw a couple of you get offers, so I decided to check my profile, and it showed that I moved back to the comp list. Any ideas why this would happen?
If they said you have a guaranteed offer, thats a pretty good sign imo. What trades did you apply for? It looks like at least NWO and InfO's have been selected, but aircrew seems like it has to wait a loooong time

Hey all, my portal was showing selected for about a month. When I called the center, they said I had a guaranteed offer coming. Last night I saw a couple of you get offers, so I decided to check my profile, and it showed that I moved back to the comp list. Any ideas why this would happen?
A while back someone said its because ROTP selections happen in different steps. They take a pool of candidates and offer them to RMC who does the final selection. I personally wouldn't know more about it, but it could always be something else.

If they said you have a guaranteed offer, thats a pretty good sign imo. What trades did you apply for? It looks like at least NWO and InfO's have been selected, but aircrew seems like it has to wait a loooong time
Yeah, they said the offer would be for Air Ops O.

Hey All,

First: congrats to all those who got some offers today! I just got in for combat engineer.

Second: Does anyone know if your offer is the final and only route that you can take through the ROTP program? My goal is still (ideally) to get ACSO as well for ROTP. Have I been disqualified from the competition list for ACSO if I have gotten accepted for another trade?

Any advice helps; going to RMC would be great but with a thirteen year contract I hope that Combat Engineer doesn't have to be my only choice

Hey All,

First: congrats to all those who got some offers today! I just got in for combat engineer.

Second: Does anyone know if your offer is the final and only route that you can take through the ROTP program? My goal is still (ideally) to get ACSO as well for ROTP. Have I been disqualified from the competition list for ACSO if I have gotten accepted for another trade?

Any advice helps; going to RMC would be great but with a thirteen year contract I hope that Combat Engineer doesn't have to be my only choice
I was told you can do a one time request for a different career while at RMC/ROTP….after year 2 or 3 (not sure)…there is no guarantee it would be approved

Duly noted! Thanks for answering. I was wondering more in terms of offers; i.e. can I still expect to get an offer for ACSO, even after getting an offer for another trade?

Hey all, I headed back today and received an offer for Air Ops O. The only thing is that my ROTP looks like I will be in Saint Jean for the next 4 years. They do speak English there, right?

Really? Is that a thing to go to Saint Jean for English speaking candidates? I just assumed it was for French speaking candidates

Hey all, I headed back today and received an offer for Air Ops O. The only thing is that my ROTP looks like I will be in Saint Jean for the next 4 years. They do speak English there, right?
I do remember hearing that all classes are offered in both English and French, but I'd expect it to be much.... French-ier than Kingston. Bilingualism is a pillar of RMC, so I guess full immersion isn't a bad thing. If you think it's a mistake, I'd reach out to them tho

They should! There would still be more french, tho. Keep in mind that you'd probably only be at st-jean for a year, as it only teaches international studies for years 2-4. You'd come to rmc kingston in your second year to complete your degree (as far as i know)

Duly noted! Thanks for answering. I was wondering more in terms of offers; i.e. can I still expect to get an offer for ACSO, even after getting an offer for another trade?
No, once you get an offer, you are out of all competition lists. If you reject the one you got, you will be put back, but no additional offers are guaranteed.

Great, thanks. I want to go all in for aircrew, so I think I'll pass up the combat engineer. Let someone who really wants it to get their dream career yk :)

Great, thanks. I want to go all in for aircrew, so I think I'll pass up the combat engineer. Let someone who really wants it to get their dream career yk :)
Hey, have you been to flight crew testing at CFB Trenton?

I do know there was quite a lot of acso spots for this year. My interviewer said there was 25 spots for Fall 2024.

Back