• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I don't understand why a divorce/separation would have have an effect on people's voting habits.

Going of the rates of it in our population it would be pretty hypocritical.
It shouldn't. However, in this case, it might. People who are looking for a reason, or another reason, to hate trudeau will use it.

Personally, I see two privileged people having ordinary people problems. Both are shallow and manipulative and a large swath of the population don't trust them as far as they can spit. After eight years of trudeau consistently bending the country over the table, people feel vindicated in enjoying some pain for him as a change.

Me, I've always hated the trudeaus. I've found no redeeming qualities in that brood and I think the gene pool should be bleached. So the pain of separation and the public consequences thereof, is just a smile and meme moment for me.

I don't understand why a divorce/separation would have have an effect on people's voting habits.
Just like Colin mentioned, and more.

If Trudeau is involved in something unscrupulous she may have had enough. Maybe it's self-preservation for her and her kids and she doesn't want to go down with the ship.

Thank you for trying to bring this thread back on course.

When does the LPC finally look at JT and say enough is enough ? Obviously these numbers have to be sustained for a while. Six months ?
Might be too late unless they change more than the leader. Should have sacked him before the last election

Just like Colin mentioned, and more.

If Trudeau is involved in something unscrupulous she may have had enough. Maybe it's self-preservation for her and her kids and she doesn't want to go down with the ship.
Or it could be that she gave him an ultimatum. Maybe she was tired of the campaigning etc and maybe he said the last one was the last one and she didn’t want to do another. Who knows.

Right now though the LPC needs to correct course. Relying on ineffective opposition may not be enough this time.

Interesting CTV site - maps of the last 7 federal elections by riding and party.

Can Poilievre secure Lac St Jean? Quebec nationalists with a social credit bent that have pivoted between the Bloc and the Tories.

Or it could be that she gave him an ultimatum. Maybe she was tired of the campaigning etc and maybe he said the last one was the last one and she didn’t want to do another. Who knows.

Speculation is a fun game, isn't it? ;)

Its not surprising any relationship struggles when someone is in a position like Prime Minister. Constantly called away to deal with issues, very high stress, various functions at all times of day, constantly watched/under scrutiny from the everyone (imagine your dad/significant other was as polarizing a figure as JT where you can walk around anywhere and see F trudeau stickers all over), its a lot to have to take in.

Hell if anything military members should be able to sympathize a lot with it as a 6 month deployment/unfavourable postings/career courses/etc. is a very similar situation (excluding the active public scrutiny) and based off the divorce rates of military members results in the same outcome a lot of the time. The main difference being with politics theres a lot of behind the scenes to keeping images up.

Think so ? I mean I have an immediate response that wants to agree with you.

I think JT has hit the middle class to hard. Gas, groceries, interest rates ect. And I think the chickens are coming home to roost.
The middle class is no more. It can be seen in how quickly the sale of recreational items are plummeting. You're either wealthy, Working Poor, or Poor.

In 2015, the Middle class was a means to an end to get elected. The goal was always to rub shoulders internationally to land something after politics. Now that Trudeau is a pariah on the international stage, and our economy is in the tank... Middle Class who?

I don't see JT doing much to course correct, as the ship is halfway submerged. The LPC needs to have a leadership review before the next election, or they're back to minor party status.

The middle class is no more. It can be seen in how quickly the sale of recreational items are plummeting. You're either wealthy, Working Poor, or Poor.

In 2015, the Middle class was a means to an end to get elected. The goal was always to rub shoulders internationally to land something after politics. Now that Trudeau is a pariah on the international stage, and our economy is in the tank... Middle Class who?

I don't see JT doing much to course correct, as the ship is halfway submerged. The LPC needs to have a leadership review before the next election, or they're back to minor party status.
I agree with you, but don’t underestimate the ability of the Liberals to fear-monger about the Tories to get the soft NDP vote, and the ability of the Tories to fall into Liberal traps and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I dunno. I think the middle class, while probably shrinking, still exists.

Some quick googling will show you that most of the CAF falls in the category as a single income. That same googling will give you some percentages.

Either way, he's pissed off enough people that the latter of your post is probably right.

Its not surprising any relationship struggles when someone is in a position like Prime Minister. Constantly called away to deal with issues, very high stress, various functions at all times of day, constantly watched/under scrutiny from the everyone (imagine your dad/significant other was as polarizing a figure as JT where you can walk around anywhere and see F trudeau stickers all over), its a lot to have to take in.

Hell if anything military members should be able to sympathize a lot with it as a 6 month deployment/unfavourable postings/career courses/etc. is a very similar situation (excluding the active public scrutiny) and based off the divorce rates of military members results in the same outcome a lot of the time. The main difference being with politics theres a lot of behind the scenes to keeping images up.
Im not in disagreement but relationships take work. I've had a few deployments, unaccompanied postings and more than a few situations that would have tested the patience of Job. We're on year 50 of our marriage because we work at it. It is a matter of priorities. What you believe is important for your spouse and self. I have zero pity or sympathy for the trudeaus.

If there is a silver lining, it's his kids won't have such a hard time growing up without their dad as an anchor.

I dunno. I think the middle class, while probably shrinking, still exists.

Some quick googling will show you that most of the CAF falls in the category as a single income. That same googling will give you some percentages.

Either way, he's pissed off enough people that the latter of your post is probably right.
Rumours of our death have been greatly exaggerated.

We have pretty large swaths of our communities where individuals or families have good enough jobs, live in comfortable homes that we can afford to own or rent, a car or two for the family, food in our bellies, enough left over for some comforts and minor luxuries, and some put aside for retirement/the kids. Most of us will never climb higher than this, but that’s fine.

Now, that’s those of us who already have the job/home thing figured out. The biggest barrier to new adults gaining middle class status will likely be securing housing that they can afford- but we already have that going in another thread.

Rumours of our death have been greatly exaggerated.

We have pretty large swaths of our communities where individuals or families have good enough jobs, live in comfortable homes that we can afford to own or rent, a car or two for the family, food in our bellies, enough left over for some comforts and minor luxuries, and some put aside for retirement/the kids. Most of us will never climb higher than this, but that’s fine.

Now, that’s those of us who already have the job/home thing figured out. The biggest barrier to new adults gaining middle class status will likely be securing housing that they can afford- but we already have that going in another thread.
I think our perceptions here are skewed because most of us posting here are in actuality: Middle to Upper Middle Class.

If your average income is 75% to 200% of the average annual household income after taxes, you're in the middle class.

In other words, if you make more than $68,000.00 a year after taxes, you are definitely middle class. All Military Officers, Senior NCOs and senior Government workers are definitely Middle Class.

Now a bigger issue is that many people are living in Cities and Urbanized Centres which have become increasingly expensive places to live in. This is partially due to a failure by various levels of Government, over successive generations, to keep pace through investment in and upkeep of essential services:

Transportation
Energy & Utilities
Public Works
The Supply Chain
etc.

There is also the issue that a single $ is becoming less and less valuable over time because of inflation and currency devaluation. The above has largely been brought on my excessive Government borrowing and modern monterary theory which was in overdrive the past few years and which a number of experts warned us all about.

As for owning a house = being a status of middle class. This isn't true and is why many people are suffering right now.

A house is not a positive influence on networth unless its worth more than the loans outstanding. Until that point, it's an expense line on the annual budget.

IMO, the idea that owning a house is a prerequisite to achieving middle class status is what the establishment wants you to believe and is how they keep many people handcuffed.

What people should really be concerning themselves with is cashflow. You always want to be bringing more in than you're paying out and you should be constantly looking to increase your cashflow.

You should also be aiming to constantly improve your individual productivity.

Money(Output)/Labour hours = Productivity

The game is very simple, constantly try to make more money while also aiming to work less and less. That's the secret sauce 95% of people are missing from their recipes.

Last edited:
As for owning a house = being a status of middle class. This isn't true and is why many people are suffering right now.

A house is not a positive influence on networth unless it's worth more than the loans outstanding. Until that point, it's an expense line on the annual budget.

IMO, the idea that owning a house is a prerequisite to achieving middle class status is what the establishment wants you to believe and is how they keep many people handcuffed.

I actually didn’t say it must be ownership- I said “own or rent”, and then later, “securing housing that they can afford”. Either can be congruent with middle class life. Otherwise I largely agree.

Back