• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Zero Pilots Being Hired in 2009?

Yikes , Crushing news indeed. Interview coming up and to read this is brutal. Between BMQ and SLT arent you about a year behind anyways?

Corey Darling said:
Do you mean Air Ops?  Under the current system, you wont know if you earned pilot until your 2nd year of school.

I am currently 2nd yr University. When the recruiter told me I was selected, he said that I was very lucky because they had put me down as Pilot, not Air Ops.

No, I joined this year. I tried right out of high school but was unable to get in.

Can anyone have a reasonable prediction if they'll be hiring pilots (DEO) at the new fiscal year in 2010?

Right now, you might have more success with a magic eight ball asking these questions.

Wait until the new fiscal begins and the strategic intake plan numbers are out. At that point, talk to your MCC.

You guys might be right.... No body has been chosen for CEOTP pilot in 2009. Well I hope you guys are right because I got a message today saying that I wasn't accepted. I had a good score with the BPSO and I have my commercial pilot licence on top of it.

So, I hope you guys are right then I will apply again next year. If not, I don t know what it takes to be accepted ..... A degree almost done maybe...

Moody said:
Right now, you might have more success with a magic eight ball asking these questions.

Wait until the new fiscal begins and the strategic intake plan numbers are out. At that point, talk to your MCC.

Well, East of Winnipeg is in the new fiscal year as I'm typing this, so I don't think it's unrealistic to expect that someone knows what numbers are!

SupersonicMax said:
Well, East of Winnipeg is in the new fiscal year as I'm typing this, so I don't think it's unrealistic to expect that someone knows what numbers are!
Well, there you go.

Good luck people. If you don't get in this year, keep working on your application. I bet it is more competitive then ever.

I had my pilots interview yesterday, 0 Deo Pilots, 0 ROTP Pilots , and 0 CEOTP Pilots being hired for the 2009-2010 Fiscal year. To large of a backlog waiting to go was his answer. We went ahead with the interview anyways and said there was no harm in getting me on my way to being Merit Listed.
He also mentioned there are only 19 Air Nav positions available this year if anyone was interested in that.

Thanks for the info.  Recruitment for pilots in the CF is a fucking nightmare.

Yikes

So how does this affect the ROTP candidates who applied last year for selection this year? Are we still under the 2008/2009 fiscal year, even though we still haven't received our MOC's yet, and likely wont until July?

If I recall, they were taking 51 ROTP pilots for 2008/2009. Is this still in effect?

Well I confirmed the 0 DEO positions with my file manager... As a merit listed DEO candidate that began the application process in October 2007 this is very disappointing... But this is my dream and I will keep waiting no matter how long it takes...

Talk to you all in a year.

Very disheartening news for sure. I'm scheduled for Aircrew Selection for May 11-15. Will I still be going, or will they be halting testing until they are ready to take on new hires again (whenever that is - I'm DEO)? If I do still go, and am successful, would I then be merit listed and then wait indefinitely for the new wave of hiring?
I'm going to call the CFRC tomorrow to get the official answer, but just wondering if anyone on here knows the answer. This is my first time hearing this news, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Thanks

Was at the recruiting centre this morning for an interview, and the recruiter confirmed the 0 pilot slots available this year.  However he did say that sometimes these numbers change i.e. in a month or two some slots may be made available.  Certainly not a guarantee, but hopefully you won't all be waiting for a whole year. 

And for those of us who are ROTP already (Corey) I didn't ask directly but I got the impression that it has no effect on us.

Is anyone knows if I will need to apply again in september for 2010-2011 for CEOTP.
Or maybe my application from this year is good for a couple years ??

pilote30 said:
Is anyone knows if I will need to apply again in september for 2010-2011 for CEOTP.
Or maybe my application from this year is good for a couple years ??

Your details in your file should still be valid - it is just a matter of making your intent known.

Keep in mind - CEOTP slots are only filled if there is a lack of qualified DEO applicants.  The CF wants you to have your degree, use this break to finish yours.

Back