• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know the army is getting into your brain when...

200. When you go to McDonalds and they as k you if you want fries with that you sound off YESS SIR

201. When they ask if you want fries with that, you decline to respond, for fear of extra duties.

202. You tell your mother to get a grip on her kit when she misplaces her car keys.

tlm said:
197.   a) You honk your horn twice before backing out of your driveway, using 9er domestic as a ground-guide.

I've actually done or been tempted to do that several times.

*break for story*

I was going for my G road test, and decided to do a few refresher courses with Young Drivers. (Don't parallel park LS's very often, hence I'd forgotten how to do it.) Anyway, the driver instructor proceeds to "jack me up" for keeping my thumbs outside of the steering wheel as I'd gotten in the habit of doing since my drivers' course. I proceeded to explain that I purposely kept my thumbs outside the steering wheel so they wouldn't come off if we went off-roading and hit a bump or something, and I think the guy was a little shocked, I'm sure he'd never heard that explanation before. Especially coming from a girl who looks like she's 15.  ;D

lol some of those are pretty funny good stuff keep them coming guys

Lol...

When you can run full out, with a big heavy backpack on, and coffee in hand (Large French vanilla!) to the bus stop when your late, MAKE it in time, still with 1/2 the coffee IN the cup! Victory is sooo sweeet!

And coffee of any kind never seemed more important to me than on BMQ!!!

Also, when your signifigant other can say in your Section Sgt's tone: GET UP GET UP GET UP! At 7AM and you FLY out of bed like a rat who just at an 8 ball of crack!...

Then realize you, are not, at the armouries on BMQ at this point time....

PS> Don't tell your girlfriend or friends how you get woken up in the morning, they'll play mean tricks after a weekend they know you've just come back from (Reserve BMQ)...

Joe

When late for a class, you're tempted to come to attention at the door and ask for permission to enter, and are surprised when people just wander into class without doing so.

When you're travelling in uniform, you almost salute airline pilots, until you realize they're not military.

You know the army has gotten to you when you burst out laughing in an action movie, when the hero escapes thousands of rounds of small caliber SMG fire by ducking around the corner of a small steel or concrete tunnel (honestly, do civilians think ricochet is brand of cigarette?).
    When you've carried a lighter in your pocket for the last fifteen years, and you haven't smoked in ten (thread defence).

mainerjohnthomas said:
    You know the army has gotten to you when you burst out laughing in an action movie, when the hero escapes thousands of rounds of small caliber SMG fire by ducking around the corner of a small steel or concrete tunnel (honestly, do civilians think ricochet is brand of cigarette?).
    When you've carried a lighter in your pocket for the last fifteen years, and you haven't smoked in ten (thread defence).

always...only I smoke  ;D ::)

211 - all persons can be addressed as either sir, ma'am, lad, lass or mate

212. Constantly reminding domestics to get their shit wired tight or it's going to be a world of hurt.

213. You have two of each of the following, one for inspection, one for use..Razor, toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, soapdish and soap.

214. Running the hockey practice with phrases such as "I want to see nothing but elbows and assholes going"

215. Requiring permission to do a task after being told to do a task in fear of pushups.

Big Foot said:
When you're travelling in uniform, you almost salute airline pilots, until you realize they're not military.

Don't count on it, many were likely trained by the CF, and decided there was gold in them thar skies!

*When you give pushups for the insta shine on your spouses shoes.

217.  The background image on your home computer is a rotating selection from the Toronto Sun Swimsuit Edition, Winter 2004 - the "Salute to the CF" series... (google it - in keeping with the code of conduct, I'm hesitant to post a link)

tlm said:
217.   The background image on your home computer is a rotating selection from the Toronto Sun Swimsuit Edition, Winter 2004 - the "Salute to the CF" series... (google it - in keeping with the code of conduct, I'm hesitant to post a link)

I searched Salute to the CF in google..  couldn't find anything..  can you give some hints??  ::)

Frank

I found it.

But I also won't post it because of the conduct guidelines.

Frank the Tank check your PM ;)

Back