• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yes, we are getting chat

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
As some of you may notice, we are now getting a "Facebook style" chat added to the site. As it is still early days, I have not rolled this option out to everyone yet, but have started with Staff, Subscribers, Donors, and senior site members. Basically, most of the folks we can thank for assisting us with the recent site renewal. :)

If things good smoothly I plan to open it up to all users in time (days to maybe a couple of weeks if things go poorly).

There are some issues, but please report anything broken or unpleasant here. In a nutshell, when you are online here, you will be online for chat, but you can mark yourself offline by clicking the gear icon. There are a couple of chat rooms by default, with more to come. You can manage who is on your "friend" or blocked list within your profile:

https://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=lists

Users from your buddy list will be listed in chat automatically. I'm sure there will be more questions as we move forward, please post your questions here - or in the chat rooms! :D

Cheers
Mike

lol, actually, as an "Army.ca Veteran" (your post group) you should have it too.

Where would I find this chat room? I see nothing obvious on my monitor right now.

I don't see you listed, so can't test with you.

I found mine just above bottom toolbar.

Should be at the bottom of the page...

Attachments

• Chat.PNG
    Chat.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 469
Mobile is the next thing to tackle. Gotta make sure it works OK 'baseline' first. :)

NFLD Sapper said:
Not seeing it on mobile....

Chat bar loaded up, nice feature, will give it a try-out at some point when I can commit an hour.  I swiftly figured out how to close it as I come and go frequently which can cause ANNOYING status changes for the crowd.  This is true during night prime-time after work when dealing with the kids - the laptop is in and out of sleep a few dozen times a night.

Viewed on the latest version of Firefox (45.0.2) running Windows 10 build 10586.

Mike.....haven't seen the 'system load is high' during the day for a while, something to do with chat??  It's usually there to drive us night shift guys nuts in the middle of a long evening.

Can you install the means to remove the chat bar? It gets in the way when viewing on a phone.

Cheers
Larry

Larry, try the Tapatalk app for accessing boards like army.ca. Easier than using the browser on your phone.

Bzzliteyr said:
It might be due to my location and technologies involved ;)
Don't rush to dismiss the simple solutions -- maybe everyone has you blocked.  :whistle:

Journeyman said:
Don't rush to dismiss the simple solutions -- maybe everyone has you blocked.  :whistle:

umm.. not true. It works on my laptop. But no one is talking to me...

Back