• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB: Current C7A2 accessories

• Thread starter lockedandloaded
  • Start date
L

lockedandloaded

Trying to put together a copy of the Diemaco C7A2  down here in the States. Looking for the following:
CADPAT sling assembly
BUIS for rail
C79A2 ELCAN green rubber replacement cover
Ambi-catch mag release
Nella bayonet
Ambi charging handle

None of these parts are restricted in the USA. If they are not allowed to be sold in Canada, please delete/ignore this message. I'm only a collector trying to duplicate the C7A2 pattern. If anybody has the website or mailing address of the companies that manufacture these items, feel free to contact me or post here.
Thanks!

Diemaco does not sell to civilians

C7A2's are operational use only currently - so any parts would be stolen.

(Norgon make the Ambicatch in the US, and they are for sale - try Brownells...)

Ambi-Catch:  http://www.geocities.com/pipeline/ridge/1470/index.html

Thanks for the leads, so far! I would really be interested in finding out who makes that polymer back up iron sight for the A2.

Anybody have a close-up detail picture of the charging handle assembly? It looks different from a regualr issue handle.

The ambi safety selector lever is hard to identify also. Any ideas guys?

I just acquired the plastic back-up iron sight that gets mounted in front of the Elcan optic. Also got a green nylon "cover" that fits over the Elcan-is this an issued piece of Canadian gear?

Have read elsewhere that the fron handguards have an "interlocking feature" to make them more stable and less prone to movement. Anyone have info on this?

Does Canadian Army use the plastic Thermold 30 round magazines still?

Well coming from a weapon tech ill tell you what i know.

The front furniture is the same as the American round hand guards, just colored green, the but is the same green but is a the telescoping version like on the M4 and the C8's. there is a weaver rail attachment under the front sight attached to the front gas port portion of the front sight. The ambi charger is modded with a hook style catch attached to a modded handle to allow for a slot in the rear of the Handel for the extended portion of the catch release. There is a new lover receiver with additional machined area for the ambi mag release, and the ambi selector is not on them as of yet (For what i have seen, used and inspected.) but it is just a hole drilled and tapped for the same selector to be bolted to the other side of the selector. And yes thermold mags are out. Steel is in. Has been for many many years. Oh there is no cadpat sling. There just using the patrole sling at this point. Modded to fit the sling loop attached to the rear of the receiver as oppose to the one at the end of the butt.

Word of caution. I would not advertise looking to buy Prohib. weapon parts on these forums. Especially military weapons that are just coming in to service.

A book has been published last year titled "The Black Rifle II" (it proceeded Black Rifle). Inside , full details of the C7A2 and C8A2 are given. I am fully aware of what the modifications/upgrades are. I have no problem whatsoever posting on a public forum looking to obtain these items because they have no illegal value to them.

The Canadian handguards now contain some sort of interlocking feature to them, but I have yet to see it up close and the above book does not show the detail clearly.

The lower receiver does not require any drilling or modifications to insatll the NorGon Ambi-Catch magazine release button.

The front rail is the Diemaco TRIAD I version

Are the current 30 round magazines now made from aluminum or steel?

TRIAD-I sucks.

Norgon Ambi-Catch on the C7A2 was a Diemaoc licensed built design that had a larger thumbprint - however it snagged on all sort of shit and we were droppign mags like hot cakes - usually at the wrong times - so we have gone back to the original Norgon design (made by Deimaco)

Yes the Handguards have a lip to the them that is designed to help it lock better  ::)  - the made in canada inovation might have been better used...

We use a combination  of Labelle Black Teflon mags and a Black Teflon of Diemaco manufacture - both are aluminum (USGI construction)

WPN TECH appears to be a bit of a bozzo IMHO... a lot of his data is flawed

why does TRIAD-1 suck? When I go over, what accesories for my A2 will I expect to see, expect to use, etc?

Army - where you'll be you will get a C8 - likely just the old one and not the A1 (flattop and EOTECH).
Not sure if you guys get RAS's or the TRIAD - but I dont think either as I dont think you get a PEQ-2A or PAC-4C.

The "line" Medics did not they had the C7A2's but w/o the go faster toys

Back