• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woohoo. 1/35 LAV-III in styrene...

I see your LAV-TUA has something the 1:1 model never had...AoA. Nice job, does it come without it too?

Well spotted. A big oversight on the part of the mould designer eh! Sadly, the AoA is moulded on and it would take a few hours of sanding to remove it.

My other TUA I think is destined to be converted to a LAV-RWS, or a LAV-Ambulance (hey, it could happen)

ModlrMike said:
Still eagerly waiting for a Bison.  :'(

Getting closer Mike. ASLAV-PC Phase III box art. The bones are there for a Bison...would not be too hard to convert into an Amb. I wonder if Trumpeter will do one though. They did the ASLAV-25, and never followed it up with a Coyote. But then they give us a LAV-III and LAV-TUA.

phase3.jpg

A little surgery on the top deck, muffler on the side, get rid of the gun mount, and we're pretty much there. The tires even look right, but some Michelins would be most accurate.

If you are interested, I got an un-built  LAV C2 Command and Control USMC I can depart with. PM me if so.

The USMC Mortar carrier variant is IMHO a better starting point than the C&C variant, it's what I used to make my Bison.

rear upper hull is different though. The ASLAV-PC has the same constant angle as the Bison. The C2 and Mortar versions have 'kinked' rear hulls.

Mike - the Aussies may have the same exhaust can as we do. I'd have to check. Or I could re-cast the one in my RealModel Coyote conversion. I want to do a Bison Amb, and a Javelin AD SEV variant.

GINge! said:
rear upper hull is different though. The ASLAV-PC has the same constant angle as the Bison. The C2 and Mortar versions have 'kinked' rear hulls.

Fair enough

GINge! said:

Mike - the Aussies may have the same exhaust can as we do. I'd have to check. Or I could re-cast the one in my RealModel Coyote conversion. I want to do a Bison Amb, and a Javelin AD SEV variant.

The ASLAV-PC should provide the better start platform.  The basic hull is closer to the Bison (rear sidewalls and ramp), Michelin XML tires are there, and the configuration of the forward hull is, in general, closer to Bison.

The muffler can is the same - you'll just need to make a different exhaust pipe.

Major hull differences (neither insurmountable) are:
Rear roof (previously mentioned) - ASLAV Type 2 has a flat roof.  Bison roof is pitched slightly.  Hatch size and layout is also different.

The commander's hatch platform is higher on the ASLAV than on Bison.

ahh, yeah... good question! I mailed it to a buddy out in New Brunswick, and he was going to finish painting her up. I should find out where he's at on it!

Back