• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woohoo. 1/35 LAV-III in styrene...

GINge!

Reaction score
Nice to see. Should be out in July, between $40-$50.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10115051

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig11/10115051a.jpg

...drool... :crybaby:drool... :crybaby:wish I still did models...moved up to the crashing type with rotating wings...nice work.

I didn't think Kodiak was adopted as the name for the LAV-3. Is that along the same lines as the M113 Garvin? ;)

I just posted that on the review section of the site.

Ex-Dragoon said:
I didn't think Kodiak was adopted as the name for the LAV-3. Is that along the same lines as the M113 Garvin? ;)

Quite right. The original box art had the name Kodiak on it, but before the artwork went to press, the company changed it to LAV-III. Nice to see a company that listens to constructive criticism, though the "Kodiak" reference may not be completely removed from the instructions sheets etc.

Dadgum it, Michael, I followed the gavin link you posted. Arrrggghhh!

Ha ha....GAVIN!

What a bunch of utter tripe.

Regards

Yea! Something new to have unbuilt on the shelf.

Super Gavin??? Is that the one that mounts the Attack dog that launches bees from it mouth??? :D

Tango18A said:
Super Gavin??? Is that the one that mounts the Attack dog that launches bees from it mouth??? :D

No, its the one with sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads!  ;D

The TUA looks good too, but they moulded it with the extra armour bolted on. Not sure if LAV-TUA ever wore that armour?

I've been working with them on a BISON. They have just done an ASLAV-PC, so I would think their BISON release would be out soonish. Not sure what version, though I did provide lots of Amb refs.

MMMMM, Laser beams.....and now back to the post. ;D

The LAV TUAs at the Regt never had AoA kits, the whole reason they never deployed with our Tank Sqns was the lack of a comprehensive AoA that provided the appropriate protection for the TOW and operator.

Since this is the thread that led me to these forums I figure I ought to introduce myself here. I was looking for info on the Trumpeter kit and how well done it is, and eventually found this thread... hooray for Google.

It all started a couple of weeks ago when I saw this on the highway one afternoon. Very cool! That got me thinking about building an APC model... never done one of those before... just cars years ago and some aircraft more recently. A little bit of research ended up with me figuring out it was the Bison MRT, but that there's no actual model of that. No big deal... but I still wanted to try my hand at some armor, preferably Canadian.

Lucky me, Trumpeter has a great looking LAV-III out. Next trip to the hobby shop I'll hopefully be able to pick one up... if not, order it.

Has anyone here started building the kit yet? The reviews I've seen online so far are just overviews... nothing about the actual build yet. And before anyone asks... I'm not one of those ridiculously talented modelers who hand fabricate their own parts to be able to precisely model anything down to the very last, perfect detail. I've never even used photo-etched parts before... or resin. Gonna' have to learn how soon though.

Cheers

Nice picture. The first time I encountered that specific CFR 95188 was at MTSC Wainwright back in 1994. It was a very new piece of kit back then.

Back