• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Women in U.S. infantry (USMC, Rangers, etc. - merged)

What is the military necessity of female infantry officers ? Its a political move plain and simple.

tomahawk6 said:
What is the military necessity of female infantry officers ?.

In the US? To help fight all the wars Killery is going to start.

tomahawk6 said:
What is the military necessity of female infantry officers ?

Doubling the pool of applicants to ensure they get the best people available. I'm sorry these 10 capable women performed better than the numerous males that couldn't keep up, it must really rock your reality.

Preventing someone from doing something because of their sex is no better than preventing someone because of their skin color.

Take the best candidate, regaedless of sex, color, religion, origins, etc.  Time to move away from the mid-twentieth century into the twenty first T6

Let me clarify something for you Ballz. The female officers completed Infantry Officers Basic Course as part of a class of 166.After airborne and ranger school they will be assigned to a unit where they will perform their duties or not.The US Army pretty much has a zero tolerance for mistakes.This is something I have long opposed,because I think you learn by doing.Had they chosen a different career path they would not be under the pressure that they now find themselves.Here is an anecdote that i witnessed.

We had an outstanding Platoon Leader in the unit.He was a 1LT and a top graduate of ROTC and the Infantry Officers Basic Course.He too was airborne and ranger qualified.While on a training exercise he led his platoon in an assault upon an objective deciding to split the platoon and attack from 2 different axis,The company commander was flying over the objective watching the attack unfold.Sadly for the LT he had forgotten the the Battle of the Litttle Big Horn and the end result that befaell Custer and the 7th cav. The assault was a failure.The section commanded by his Platoon Sgt took the objective.The LT's assault failed.The company commander radioed the LT that he was relieved of his command and on returning to the company area he was to clear out his desk and he was to report to Personnel for reassignment.The Captain was angry and could have handled the situation better.The LT ended up being in charge of the post gym and that was the end of a once promising career.

SupersonicMax said:
Preventing someone from doing something because of their sex is no better than preventing someone because of their skin color.

Take the best candidate, regaedless of sex, color, religion, origins, etc.  Time to move away from the mid-twentieth century into the twenty first T6

I am really glad that I no longer have to deal with the social engineering inflicted on the military.I dont like it but I dont have to anymore. Its a train wreck waiting to happen IMO.

T6,

We have had female Combat Arms Officers in Canada for about 2 decades now.

The Canadian Forces has its problems- females in positions of authority is not one of them.

This is a non-issue. You need to move on.

tomahawk6 said:
Let me clarify something for you Ballz. The female officers completed Infantry Officers Basic Course as part of a class of 166.After airborne and ranger school they will be assigned to a unit where they will perform their duties or not.The US Army pretty much has a zero tolerance for mistakes.This is something I have long opposed,because I think you learn by doing.Had they chosen a different career path they would not be under the pressure that they now find themselves.

Sure the "no fail" policy isn't conducive to learning and improving, but it's not like those women didn't know they were training to be Infantry officers and would (or should) have a schmick about what that culture would be like....unless you're suggesting that they may not be subject to that, which is a whole different can of worms (and maybe it will open the door to others thinking why that policy is in place in the first place).

tomahawk6 said:
Let me clarify something for you Ballz. The female officers completed Infantry Officers Basic Course as part of a class of 166.After airborne and ranger school they will be assigned to a unit where they will perform their duties or not.The US Army pretty much has a zero tolerance for mistakes.This is something I have long opposed,because I think you learn by doing.Had they chosen a different career path they would not be under the pressure that they now find themselves.Here is an anecdote that i witnessed.

We had an outstanding Platoon Leader in the unit.He was a 1LT and a top graduate of ROTC and the Infantry Officers Basic Course.He too was airborne and ranger qualified.While on a training exercise he led his platoon in an assault upon an objective deciding to split the platoon and attack from 2 different axis,The company commander was flying over the objective watching the attack unfold.Sadly for the LT he had forgotten the the Battle of the Litttle Big Horn and the end result that befaell Custer and the 7th cav. The assault was a failure.The section commanded by his Platoon Sgt took the objective.The LT's assault failed.The company commander radioed the LT that he was relieved of his command and on returning to the company area he was to clear out his desk and he was to report to Personnel for reassignment.The Captain was angry and could have handled the situation better.The LT ended up being in charge of the post gym and that was the end of a once promising career.

You did the exact opposite of clarify. Great ramblings, great story, but what is your point?

ballz said:
You did the exact opposite of clarify. Great ramblings, great story, but what is your point?

Some company commanders are weak leaders who wanna be something special (flying over a platoon attack by his own troops? C'mon) and complete D*cks....

daftandbarmy said:
Some company commanders are weak leaders who wanna be something special (flying over a platoon attack by his own troops? C'mon) and complete D*cks....

Sounds like the true loss was the CPT remaining in command of the coy?

Good2Golf said:
Sounds like the true loss was the CPT remaining in command of the coy?

My thought exactly. He missed a golden opportunity to teach a lesson and the platoon leader would have been all the better because of it.

tomahawk6 said:
While on a training exercise he led his platoon in an assault upon an objective deciding to split the platoon and attack from 2 different axis,The company commander was flying over the objective watching the attack unfold.Sadly for the LT he had forgotten the the Battle of the Litttle Big Horn and the end result that befaell Custer and the 7th cav. The assault was a failure.The section commanded by his Platoon Sgt took the objective.The LT's assault failed.

I don't get it. The assault didn't fail, the objective was taken. That sounds like quite the waste of a promising career.

Dividing your assault force is frowned upon.In the Lt's case it was the last straw for the CO.Some commanders might have made it a teachable moment,but alas it was the end of a career.Same thing happened to a company commander after the ex he was told to clear ou of the battalion and his final Officer Evaluation Report would be sent to his quarters.He ended up nothing job.After getting out he got a high paying job in the civilian job market.During and after WW2 training officers by battalion commanders was routine.Its too easy to get rid of a problem instead of turning it into a positive.I blame the Vietnam experience as the cause of creating a zero defects Army.You create officers who are afraid to innovate,so they play it safe.Sadly this is still the case.

Back