• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will Connaught Supply.....

devil39 said:
Right Mandal.   It is called planning and preparation.   It used to be a critical requirement in assessing leadership and planning ability.

I've often found that going in blind is the best solution.

Sometimes I'm also sarcastic.

I probably shouldn't read the Cadet threads.

If its not listed in the Kit List, than how are people supposed to know to bring it? Rely on the people at their Home Corps to tell them..? AHAHAH that gets everyone sooo far right?

But they will supply you with everything that you'll need, as long as its not somthing on the Kit List that you were supposed to bring... After all it is basic, they can't expect you to know what is coming  up and everything that you'll need..

Person at Camp: Wheres your 3 Retarded Looking Shooting Hats?

Course Cadet:.. Umm I didnt know I was Supposed to Bring them..

Person at Camp: Duuh Youre at Basic Marksman.. Could You Not Read My Mind and Bring them..?!?!

Cadet : ..

Person : THATS THE LAST STRAW CADET!! RTU'd FOR YOU!!!

devil39 said:
Right Mandal.   It is called planning and preparation.   It used to be a critical requirement in assessing leadership and planning ability.

I've often found that going in blind is the best solution.

Sometimes I'm also sarcastic.

I probably shouldn't read the Cadet threads.
everything you need for a course should be in your joining instructions. Another reason this may be helpful is if you go there prepared to do something one way, and find out you were doing it wrong, you don't have to take teh time to relearn it the propper way, rather learn it their way.

WO2_mandal said:
everything you need for a course should be in your joining instructions. Another reason this may be helpful is if you go there prepared to do something one way, and find out you were doing it wrong, you don't have to take teh time to relearn it the propper way, rather learn it their way.

True That.

WO2_mandal said:

Something Ive learned In my "Part"-time in, is that just because it SHOULD be in there, Doesnt mean that it is...

ive found that asking the BTDT's is usually a good way to figure out what to expect and in alot of cases how to deal with the things that should be covered that arnt.

Regards
    Josh

Laundry soap isn't on the to bring list...I don't know how they expect me to last 6 weeks with 2 pairs of combats.

You can buy it there so i guess yhey expect you to do that.. Or since your in CL they may expect you to knowthat you will do laundry there.. In basic youre not going to die if you wear your combats 2 days in a row..

oh my, lol forget about my suggestion. didn't know it would be slaughtered like this. anyhoo, i don't know how you army types do it, but we sell laundry detergent at our canteens:p.

overpriced laundry detergent.

Not like you'll be paying for it lol.......gotta love the training bonus.....or......have a lot of friends, and "borrow" a bit from each!!....your clothes might smell like a mish mash of different detergents but at least you know its clean :D

I bought a 50 use box of tide for 5.00.

Connaught has laundry facilities with soap provided...

last year they had a couple of CI's whos only job was to do laundry for the cadets....

you'll be issued a laundry bag and the CI's will do all the dirty work of accually washing it.

there shouldnt be any need for you to bring up detergent. guys, youre cadets... and youre going to summer camp.. most of the basic stuff will be provided.

if i were you guys Id bring stuff like Soap, shampoo, shower kit, shower shoes, (shave kit for those who require it)

talk to members of your Corps who may have been there before. or even CIC or CI's who were there. they can tell you what you will need and what not to bring.  (outside of your joining instructions.)

Best of luck at camp and most importantly have fun  :)

Cheers
      Josh

hey im a little out of place but does anyone really know what the air cadets do on their rifle coach course?

Cheers :salute:

::) ..........just a little more than a little out of place, try posting in the air cadet thread

well i was just wondering because that as well is at connaught and somone might know that has seen them or been there

Back