• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why Clerks go grey at a young age!

Biohazardxj

Inactive
Reaction score
The following story is true.  Only names have been changed to protect the brain dead.

I am the Chief Clerk at a reserve unit.  Recently one of my officer did a self ID for a tour overseas.  One of the things he had to do was a medical questionnaire that was 6 pages in length.  The first two pages were question that the member answered, the rest are to be done by the doctor and it is very detailed in the questions that are asked.  Not something you could just pull off a med file and jot down. 

So, one afternoon a couple of weeks ago Capt Bloggins hands me a protected B folder and says to me. "Here is my medical forms please send them off"

Assuming he meant for me to send it to CEFCOM I said yes sir, and went back to my office and put the folder on my desk.  As I was in the middle of a DAG to send a bunch of my troops on exercise, in which the Capt in question was participating, I didn't look over the folder he had just given me.

The next day I looked at the folder the Capt had given me and noticed that only the part that was done was the part that the individual was to fill out.  I wondered at that point what the Capt meant by "send it off"  So I put it in my pending basket to wait for his return. 

A few days before the end of the exercise I received an email from the captain asking me if the base hospital had sent the "completed form" back yet so I could send it to CEFCOM.

Yes, they walk among us.

Coincidentally, my unit Chief Clerk was mentioning today the inability of certain individuals at all ranks to follow simple instructions to complete and hand in forms, and then fail to understand why that may be a problem later.

Back