• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

whos going to st jean on aug 16 for basic?

Thanks for your input guys. It's hard to know what to think cause I'm hearing of people who waited for less than a month and people who have waited almost a year. I just have high hopes that I will be going in August. I need to get on with life!!!  :D

I dropped my app last monday, did my pt, interview and med today. All good, could be gone in September or even August. I'm going 011 Armoured. I'm a re enrollee so that may be why I went so quick. BTW, the BMQ is now officially changed to 13 weeks. That would put the last start dates for BMQ in the Sept 12th range! Good luck to you guys!

Bradboy, look around the recruiting forum and look at the posts by Kincanucks, he is the recruiting guru on the site, this is also where I am getting my info, saying that you will most likely be looking at a much later date than august.   As for August BMQ, I was selected for the 16 August BMQ by the 29 March selection board, I started my application in december.   If you are just starting your application be prepared to wait.  

Edit:

Rhyno are you sure about the 13 week BMQ? The letter I got from my CFRC says that my BMQ is only running for 10 weeks.

Information I got was that BMQ is run throughout the year, and doesn't end on September 12th or any other date.

I didn't say that it ended on Sept 12th. What I said was, the BMQ is going to 13 weeks. That means that the last 13 week BMQ would run in Sept (sept, oct, nov & part of dec) The BMQ is not run over the Christmas break, i.e. you wouldn't be in week 7 and have to stop and then come back again after christmas to finish.

spenco said:
Bradboy, look around the recruiting forum and look at the posts by Kincanucks, he is the recruiting guru on the site, this is also where I am getting my info, saying that you will most likely be looking at a much later date than august.   As for August BMQ, I was selected for the 16 August BMQ by the 29 March selection board, I started my application in december.   If you are just starting your application be prepared to wait.

I talked to my recruiting officer on July 5 and he told me to expect the call in 2-3 weeks. I know this does not mean I'm going in August but most likely I'll be gone by the end of September. Are there any BMQs going out after September? If not I don't see why I would be called in 2-3 weeks and be told that I'll be going in a 2006 BMQ. Doesn't really make sense to me. But stranger things have happened.... :salute:

:cdn:

If you get the call in 2/3 weeks it hopefully will be a job offer, and if you accept it they will tell you at that time when your BMQ would start.  Most likely as I said before in september or october.  You may be getting a call in 2/3 weeks but it does not mean you will be shipping out then or any time soon after. 

So there is BMQs going out after September?? I was under the impression that once they fill their "quota" for a certain trade (in my case Infantry) than they stop sending recruits to BMQs, until the next fiscal year. So I was assuming that if I get the call in the next 2-3 weeks that I'd be going in August or September. But you say there are BMQs going out after September? I did not know this I thought September was the last one for this fiscal year. My knowledge is all hear say though. Do you have the facts? :salute:
:cdn:

Look at the other posts around the forum, you have alraedy been told by Kincanucks that you are looking at a september-october BMQ.  As I said before all the people going to the 16 August BMQ were selected by the 29 March board, before all this real time stuff came in, so there is no way you will get on an August BMQ, since there have been several boards since then filling up all the BMQ courses.  LOOK AROUND!!!!  Look at what you have been told and what other people are saying about their BMQ dates.  Those are the facts you want.

I just got an offer about 3 days ago.  It was for Infantry, PPCLI, and my BMQ starts on Sept 26th ends Dec 9th.  10 weeks.

spenco said:
Edit:

Rhyno are you sure about the 13 week BMQ? The letter I got from my CFRC says that my BMQ is only running for 10 weeks.

Letter?  Is it important?  How long did it take for that to come once you were told you were in?  I haven't heard of any letter.. but I do know that the guy on the phone that offered me the job detailed a 10 week BMQ.

The package I got in the mail has a welcome to the CF type letter which will say what trade you are enrolled for, the dates of your BMQ, what regiment you will be affiliated with, etc.  A letter about your will (how you want to set it up), the pay scales, the joining instructions (which can also be found online) and a security clearence form you have to fill out for when you go to be sworn in.  It took two or three weeks to come after I accepted the job offer.

Hi All,
I had my interview/PT/Medical etc... and finished it about a week ago with success... I applied for Navy Electronics Technician (Communications). After the date of the Interview/Medical/PT how long does it usually take to receive word back from the recruiter? Im hoping for a possibility of BMQ this summer or fall, however I have been keeping an ear to the ground in here with no luck... No one seems to be going in the same occupational direction as myself... But that doesn't mean no one knows... Im anxious.... ;D

spenco said:
The package I got in the mail has a welcome to the CF type letter which will say what trade you are enrolled for, the dates of your BMQ, what regiment you will be affiliated with, etc.   A letter about your will (how you want to set it up), the pay scales, the joining instructions (which can also be found online) and a security clearence form you have to fill out for when you go to be sworn in.   It took two or three weeks to come after I accepted the job offer.

Erg.. haven't got a package either... I think it's time to call the CFRC.  It's been a month and a half.

Hi. I start basic on the 29 of August and get sworn in on the 16 of August in Halifax. Anyone here going at that time? I'm really nervous...

Defense~Mechanism said:
Hi All,
I had my interview/PT/Medical etc... and finished it about a week ago with success... I applied for Navy Electronics Technician (Communications). After the date of the Interview/Medical/PT how long does it usually take to receive word back from the recruiter? Im hoping for a possibility of BMQ this summer or fall, however I have been keeping an ear to the ground in here with no luck... No one seems to be going in the same occupational direction as myself... But that doesn't mean no one knows... Im anxious.... ;D

Depending on your recruiter, you may not hear back from them at all, you should call in periodically to find out what's happening with your file.  If you just finished all your testing, then you will probably have to wait for 6-8 weeks minimum just for your medical file to return from Borden.  After that you will be merit listed, and it's really difficult for anyone to say how long it can be after that before you get an offer.  I got my offer after about three weeks of being on the merit list, but I think that I was lucky.  And my BMQ date was set about three months in advance.  It's in late September.

I didn't get this package about payscales or will, and i have been in contact with my RC and they didnt say anything about it.

So boys the 16th is oming up fast anyone getting anxious??? :)

who is getting sworn in on the 3rd in halifax???for BMQ on the 16th and when are you flying out ???

shawn

anxious as hell,man it creeped up on us fast didn't it?.How is all your guys running,I'm pretty worried about that,I run 3.5k on a good day,very good day,just curious how every one is doing,and is everyone dieting like crazy or stuffing your mouths with everything you know you wont be eating for a while.I'm doing a little bit of both,I diet until about noon and thats it,lol.anyways boys,lets go do what we have been hired to do,and never let up,never give in.

Yeah its like 17 days away..hehehehe yeah i have started a count down ::) ;D

as for running 3.5 should be good just keep going at it ....besides bmq is for building us up anyway.

how many from you are from nova scotia?

shawn

im so happy i receive the call ...swear on august 5th, bmq start august 22th....but i have to re do pt tomorrow ... :salute:

Back