• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

who is your ideal celebrity Prime Minister?

who is your ideal primeminister?

• Jim Carry

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Mike Myers

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Don Cherry

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Rick Mercer

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters
Watch Ann Coulter argue vehemently with a CBC interviewer that Canada participated in the Vietnam War  ;D

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=120992

Rick Mercer is the choice of the group listed. Cherry is a raving  nut whose philosphy has helped destroy hockey.

Besides being hysterically funny, which politics could use, Mercer seems to have a brain in his head and actually care about many issues.

How about William Shatner, He single handedly saved the Universe and his ship many times, perhaps he could save this "sinking ship" of state we have ;D
live long and prosper all  ;)

Shatner for PM all the way! And Cherry for Minister of Defence (or Offence as it would become!)

As for GG... Shania! Or Elisha Cuthbert... mmmmm

" She's an ignorant bigot with about as deep an understanding of Canada as I have of Flemish Nazi lesbians. "

I don't think our present crew understand Canada all that well either.  I think Ann Coulter could be TAUGHT about Canada, which is more than I can say about the million or so hyphenated-Canadians ghettoized in our major cities who speak neither French nor English but have learned only one thing about Canada - "Vote early - Vote often" (Al Capone).

But since we are ruling out furriners  (Coulter, Hilton (yechhh!), Twain), lets try some Canadians.

How about the present Minister of Veterans Affairs?

Tom

anyone but Don Cherry.   Please.

but Elisha Cuthbert does sound good....

TCBF said:
which is more than I can say about the million or so hyphenated-Canadians ghettoized in our major cities who speak neither French nor English but have learned only one thing about Canada - "Vote early - Vote often" (Al Capone).

Wow - I can see why you like Ann Coulter so much. You should check out Rev. James Sheeley of New York too - he might be up your alley.

sigpig said:
Watch Ann Coulter argue vehemently with a CBC interviewer that Canada participated in the Vietnam War  ;D

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=120992

lol That's gold. What an ignorant twit. Someone should euthanize her for all our sakes.

Glorified Ape said:
Wow - I can see why you like Ann Coulter so much. You should check out Rev. James Sheeley of New York too - he might be up your alley.

A little harsh, don't you think - especially when you consider that there is elements of truth is what he has said.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23668.0.html

"A little harsh, don't you think - especially when you consider that there is elements of truth is what he has said."

Harsh is OK.  Even I do harsh now and then. 

We need Ann Coulter because she tries to tell the truths you can no longer tell in a Canadian or American University.  Even if she is wrong now and then, she still keeps us informed.  I think her lack of knowledge of Canada (troops in Vietnam ?) is far more forgivable than our parliamentarians lack of knowledge (Vichy Ridge and the Beachead in Norway.)

But most Canadians today are sheep and believe what they are told to believe.  The only critical thinking done in today's universities is in the accounting department.

"The old days are dead, the old men are dying, and the young men do not know what it means to be free." - Gabriel Dumont, 1885

Tom

TCBF said:
"A little harsh, don't you think - especially when you consider that there is elements of truth is what he has said."

Harsh is OK.  Even I do harsh now and then. 

We need Ann Coulter because she tries to tell the truths you can no longer tell in a Canadian or American University.  Even if she is wrong now and then, she still keeps us informed.  I think her lack of knowledge of Canada (troops in Vietnam ?) is far more forgivable than our parliamentarians lack of knowledge (Vichy Ridge and the Beachead in Norway.)

But most Canadians today are sheep and believe what they are told to believe.  The only critical thinking done in today's universities is in the accounting department.

"The old days are dead, the old men are dying, and the young men do not know what it means to be free." - Gabriel Dumont, 1885

Tom
Indirectly Canada was involved with Vietnam, our industry supplied the US effort, as well a large number of Canadians volunteered for duty. However this is a thread for celebrity endorsement for PM, I stand by  Bill Shatner for PM, Shania would certainly put Canada on the Map as GG, Cherry an excellent minister of Offence or Leader of the Official opposition  ;D

k.d. lang as Minister of Culture.

Rita MacNiel as Minister at Large.

Tom

TCBF said:
...when was the last time we pulled our weight on this continent?

http://www.myschool-monecole.gc.ca/Research/publications/html/p127/9_e.html

Canadian population: approx 32 million
US population: approx 293 million

Our population is approx 11% of the US.

Canadian Gross Domestic Product (GDP): approx $958 billion (US $)
US GDP: approx $11, 000 billion (US $)

We make approx  9% of the money that the US does.

So, with ~11% of the manpower, and ~9% the money of our American neighbours, how do we pull our weight on the continent?

TCBF said:
...We need Ann Coulter because she tries to tell the truths you can no longer tell in a Canadian or American University.  Even if she is wrong now and then, she still keeps us informed...

If she tries to tell the truths but is wrong now and then she will not keep us informed, she is full of bull-sh*t. If she preaches biased, bigoted, bull-sh*t, then we do not need Ann Coulter.

[Conservatives serve their purpose of advocating core values, but they can also blade us/sell us out to the highest (?) bidder; Eg: Mulroney selling out Canadian industry with NAFTA, Diefenbaker selling out Canadian aerospace engineers to NASA with the cancellation of the AVRO Arrow.]

Anyways, other celebrity nominations for PM:

- Mark Messier

- Steve Yzerman

- Scott Bowman

Lewis Mackenzie for PM.

Ted Byfield for Ministry of Education.

Barbara Amiel for GG.

Q: "So, with ~11% of the manpower, and ~9% the money of our American neighbours, how do we pull our weight on the continent?"

A: By securing our borders, by not allowing people to get 'lost' in Canada before we can deport them, by applying such power as needed to track and influence all air and sea traffic wthin our territory.  If we own the arctic - lets show the world we do.  On this planet, if you can't control it, you can't own it.  Someday, someone will call us on this.

Tom

Freddy Chef said:
http://www.myschool-monecole.gc.ca/Research/publications/html/p127/9_e.html

Canadian population: approx 32 million
US population: approx 293 million

Our population is approx 11% of the US.

Canadian Gross Domestic Product (GDP): approx $958 billion (US $)
US GDP: approx $11, 000 billion (US $)

We make approx  9% of the money that the US does.

So, with ~11% of the manpower, and ~9% the money of our American neighbours, how do we pull our weight on the continent?

If she tries to tell the truths but is wrong now and then she will not keep us informed, she is full of bull-sh*t. If she preaches biased, bigoted, bull-sh*t, then we do not need Ann Coulter.

[Conservatives serve their purpose of advocating core values, but they can also blade us/sell us out to the highest (?) bidder; Eg: Mulroney selling out Canadian industry with NAFTA, Diefenbaker selling out Canadian aerospace engineers to NASA with the cancellation of the AVRO Arrow.]

Anyways, other celebrity nominations for PM:

- Mark Messier

- Steve Yzerman

- Scott Bowman

::) advocate replacing currently over paid and underworked Officials with  the Over paid, and unemployed ;D

I know you meant to write "with the over worked and underpaid."

And that is a good point.  Our pick must establish a new pay scale for all who suck the taxpayer's teat (which obviosly includes me).  Anyway, lets say a Pte recruit  is called lvl R1, then everthing is given as a multiple of that.  If a govt lawyer makes 10 times that, then his scale is pegged at R10.  Supreme court judge? R30.  Crown corporations and govt foundations.. Oh wait.. we aren't allowed to know that.

You get the picture.

Gump Worsely for Minister of Sport.

Tom

The Great one for Trade Minister, he's been selling a lot of Fords lately  :D

Back