• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do I goto release and return kit since I'm not longer in a unit...

D

D-n-A

Hey, I'm seriously considering joining the US Marines right now(I can get a green card because of my dad) since I'm getting no where with the CF at the moment. Anyways, I released from my Reserve unit in September because I moved out to Alberta and I haven't transfered to a unit yet since my last unit is holding on to my pers file. I was wondering if I wanted to release from the CF where would I have to go to release and return my kit?

Thanks

If you still have kit etc, you didn't release.  Therefore, you are most likely NES at this time since you haven't paraded since Sep.  What did you tell your unit when you left?

I'm not NES. I released from my reserve unit, did the paperwork and returned some of my kit. I told my unit I'm going to be living in Edmonton, they gave me the form and told me what kit to return. I also told them I'd like to transfer to a unit in Edmonton, etc. Its not something I just did last minute at my unit either, I submitted memos regarding this back in March.

MikeL said:
Hey, I'm seriously considering joining the US Marines right now(I can get a green card because of my dad) since I'm getting no where with the CF at the moment. Anyways, I released from my Reserve unit in September because I moved out to Alberta and I haven't transfered to a unit yet since my last unit is holding on to my pers file. I was wondering if I wanted to release from the CF where would I have to go to release and return my kit?

Thanks

If you are holding kit, you haven't been released. You would most certainly be listed as NES (Non-Effective Strength) report to the nearest Clothing Stores (or Armouries) with your kit, along with the name and details of your previous Unit. If your old Unit has not rolled over your clothing docs to the electronic docs on the CFSS, the Clothing Stores you go to will have to get ahold of your previous Unit to have your clothing docs faxed to them. This Clothing Stores can then notify your old Unit that the items were returned and that your docs can be closed. I would suggest that you also attempt to have the nearest Orderly Room process release paperwork for you upon your return of kit.

If you want more specific details, or an actual person to contact, send me a PM with your details (including Service Number,your Old Unit and it's location, and your current location. I can make arrangements with them to get you in to get your kit returned off your charge anyway and to have your docs sent, if necessary.

MikeL said:
I'm not NES. I released from my reserve unit, did the paperwork and returned some of my kit. I told my unit I'm going to be living in Edmonton, they gave me the form and told me what kit to return. I also told them I'd like to transfer to a unit in Edmonton, etc. Its not something I just did last minute at my unit either, I submitted memos regarding this back in March.

I'm interested in hearing what exactly kit you still have. If it is not retention items, and you requested a transfer to Edmonton, I highly suspect that you were indeed transferred to Edmonton (not released!) and are now considered NES at some Reserve Unit in Edmonton. Items which are not next-to-skin must be returned upon release, but may be retained in instances of a transfer between Units.

I guess I used the term "released" too liberal in my first post. I'am no longer a member of my last unit, and I'm supposed to transfer to a unti in Edmonton, but because my last unit hasn't sent my pers file to CFRC/D Edmonton I can not be processed   or anything in regardless to my transfer to a reserve unit and componet transfer.

Kit I still have
CADPAT Combats, the new socks(liners, green socks an winter/cold weather grey ones), the old and new underwear(boxers, long john top an botterms), old wool socks, DEUs, MKIII combat boots, W/W Boots, IECS Combat Jacket, IECS coveralls, webbing, rucksack, sleeping bags, valaise, OD poncho liner, helmet, cadpat boonie, laundry bag, 2 kitbags, fleece shirt and pants, I probably got more but can't think of it right now.

Kit I returned
Unit slip ons(cadpat and deu), unit brass pin for the epeuillets on DEU jacket,   tac vest, US Woodland cam poncho liner, thats what I can remember right now.

If I do decide to release I'll call the CFRC I'm dealing with an probably the clothing stores at the Garrison, etc. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to release from the CF yet, since I want to be sure of all the US stuff first.

MikeL said:
I guess I used the term "released" too liberal in my first post. I'am no longer a member of my last unit, and I'm supposed to transfer to a unti in Edmonton, but because my last unit hasn't sent my pers file to CFRC/D Edmonton I can not be processed   or anything in regardless to my transfer to a reserve unit and componet transfer.
Well now that makes sense!! What Unit did you request transfer to? Contact CFRC/D Edmonton and ask them to hasten the file transfer from your losing Unit.
MikeL said:
Kit I still have
CADPAT Combats, the new socks(liners, green socks an winter/cold weather grey ones), the old and new underwear(boxers, long john top an botterms), old wool socks, DEUs, MKIII combat boots, W/W Boots, IECS Combat Jacket, IECS coveralls, webbing, rucksack, sleeping bags, valaise, OD poncho liner, helmet, cadpat boonie, laundry bag, 2 kitbags, I probably got more but can't think of it right now.
This is because some of it is next-to-skin (and thus retainable) and because you were a transfer vice a release as explained earlier.
MikeL said:
If I do decide to release I'll call the CFRC I'm dealing with an probably the clothing stores at the Garrison, etc.
Contact them anyway to ask them to hasten the transfer of your file....

The CFRC has been sending messages to my last unit asking them to send my pers file since August. An I usually talk to people at the CFRC 2-3 times a month about this, and I've phoned my last unit a couple times aswell regarding this... so far nothing's happened.

My thread(with more info) on my transfer can be seen here
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/30777.15.html

MikeL

This is not a matter to be taken very lightly.  You have a lot of expensive kit still in your possession, and if you don't return it they will come after you for the cost of it.  Start checking out where you can find out what to do.  Have you gone to any of the Armouries in Edmonton and inquired at their Orderly Rooms?  When you do turn the stuff in, keep the Receipt, just in case someone somewhere else made an administrative deduction and you get charged for kit that you turned in.  It does happen from time to time.

I know this isn't a matter to be taken lightly, and I know I can't take off with the kit, because if I don't return it, I have to pay for it. But right now I have no need to return the kit since I'am still a member of the CF. I talked to the unit I should be joining, and they submitted a request to the CFRC for my info, but because my last unit hasn't sent my pers file nothing can happen yet. I did keep my receipt, don't want people telling me I owe kit that I returned months ago.

I worked with a few people from a couple of screwed up Ontario Regiments this summer in Edmonton.  One never got paid for two and a half months.  Another has no Credit Rating due to foul ups at his old Regt.  I am curious what unit you were with?

Was it the Algonquin's or Foot Guards?

What I don't understand is why you don't just go and parade with the unit you are supposed to be transferred to. They would then have the ASC at the armoury chase after your transfer.

Back