• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When Will the RESERVE INFANTRY trade re open ?

cemalyukselir

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys. Im from Edmonton and i applied for RESERVEs infantry back in February. My biggest mistake was applying ONLINE for Reserves , Because I had to request a file transfer back to Edmonton from North Bay cuz  i found out the online application was only for Regular force. So the Sargeant at the Reserve unit had my file by 2nd week of February and back than he told me Theres always a spot in the Unit so i kind of didnt worry about it. Because he told me he would book my appointments for the tests , once i pass my criminal check and background check(WHICH i did everything came clean.) once this was over , i called in the Recruiting center and they told me that i just have to wait for a call from my FILE manager so that she can book my appointments. So about a week ago i gave her a call and she tells me that THE INFANTRY trade is now closed.. :S and that they hire every year..she told me to keep in touch with the Sargeant at the Reserve unit to find out if the trade has re opened..She said The sargeant can give me a clear answer on june..now the REAL question is for the people who had this experience , Will the Reserve unit actually open up again in September , note : When i asked the Sargeant about waiting another 3 to 4 months he did say that can be the case..I mean Most people Say the Reserve units hire anytime..but if you guys can give me a clear answer from your experience ill be happy :). Thanks for taking your time people to read over my post.

Wow, that was hard to read.  ::)

No one knows.  It doesn't matter when the trade will reopen, what matters is, will there be a position at the Reserve unit you are trying to join.

Brace yourself for a lengthy waiting game. "Getting in" within four months is a very rare best-case scenario.

It will depend on the unit you join and the vancancies they have. One of the biggest problems I see affecting units (not naming any in particular) is clearing out NES personnel and getting releases processed in a timely manner.

ArmyRick said:
It will depend on the unit you join and the vancancies they have. One of the biggest problems I see affecting units (not naming any in particular) is clearing out NES personnel and getting releases processed in a timely manner.

Indeed, you'd have to list just about every unit in the Reserves.  Years ago I did a quick comparison of "folks who haven't paraded for a year or more" to "folks who parade in an average month" as an indicator of administrative efficiency.  There was a clear trend line from Eastern Canada to Western Canada, with the numbers getting worse, except for the aberrant good work done in 38 CBG.

The other great indicator of a unit with lots of NES: They wear kilts.  I suspect that is due to units wanting to recover the NPF items from NES soldiers (kilts, sporrans etc) before kicking folks out.

(EDIT: Spelling.  Coffee needed)

dapaterson said:
Indeed, you'd have to list just about every unit in the Reserves.  Years ago I did a quick comparison of "folks who haven't paraded for a year or more" to "folks who parade in an average month" as an indicator of administrative efficiency.  There was a clear trend line from Eastern Canada to Western Canada, with the numbers getting worse, except for the aberrant good work done in 38 CBG.

The other great indicator of a unit with lots of NES: They wear kilts.  I suspect that is due to units wanting to recover the NPF items from NES soldiers (kilts, sporrans etc) before kicking folks out.

(EDIT: Spelling.  Coffee needed)

So if I'm in a scottish unit in Victoria, the furthest west you can go without falling into the oggin, that should mean.....

It's time to dance!  :dileas:

Welcome to Army.ca.

Friendly Moderator Advice:

Use proper grammar, sentence and paragraph structure, capitalization, and spelling (we have a spell check function provided free for your use, funded via a pay deduction from the Mod Staff and the Site Owner's personal generosity).

Failure to do so will turn a lot of people off before they get more than a few words into your post, and will gather comments like "Wow, that was hard to read" from the patient few, and snarky comments from a bunch of others. You will get much less useful info than you wish.

dapaterson said:
..... except for the aberrant good work done in 38 CBG.

I am in 38... why would you say this...?

I have no experience elsewhere so I am curious.

ME

Sigs Pig said:
I am in 38... why would you say this...?

I have no experience elsewhere so I am curious.

ME

I think they meant 38 is doing a good job. ;)

Another complicating factor, in my experience with the reserves (I did my OJT with a PRES Unit) is that the recruiting centres tend to process regular force applications first, thereby creating a back log of reserve applications. This in turn creates a rather large waiting period for PRes Applicants, and frankly turns them off.

Is there an easy fix? I doubt it, or at least none that CMP is likely to implement.

Back