• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Perhaps I am reading this wrong.  "SAY AGAIN", "VERIFY", "READ BACK" are indeed in ACP 125(F).

I think he meant the ACP 125 states those words can be used but not "REPEAT" in any other context than originally stated.

See I did read that wrong!

It's this valley water, I am losing brain matter.   

I wonder if they have ever considered filming an episode of Lockup here in Greenwood? 

get to make fun of someone here while doing a coffee order

me: do you want coffee or tea
other: i`ll have a black coffee with 2 milk

that just made made my day and i still laugh about it, guess it has to do something with the french/english thing.

Standing at the counter at a Canada Post outlet, waiting for the lady to get me some stamps:

She turns and says "Can I help you?"

I almost said "No, I just like to stand at Canada Post outlets waiting for that question!"

OldSolduer said:
Standing at the counter at a Canada Post outlet, waiting for the lady to get me some stamps:

She turns and says "Can I help you?"

"Well, I don't know.  My psychiatrist can't."  ;D

An American F-16 with eight people on board, including five Generals, crossed into Iranian airspace and was forced to land by Iranian jet fighters.  ::)

xena said:
An American F-16 with eight people on board, including five Generals, crossed into Iranian airspace and was forced to land by Iranian jet fighters.  ::)

Two of them were door gunners.

English class. no racism intended, but described so you can picture it:

Caucasian guy: "(reading a poem for two minutes in front of class) ...and then he slapped her."

African girl: "'cuse me cracker, you talking to me, b****?!"

This happened in a grade twelve politics class while watching a clip about Canada's involvement in Afghanistan.  The clip showed a few seconds of training that involved kicking in a door and making sure a room was clear.

Girl: "Why are they doing that!? Aren't they supposed to be peaceful!? "
Teacher: "Well they are part of the army; it's part of their training and their job"
Girl: "So!"

Next day, the same girl asks what the point is of bombing hospitals.  As the teacher tries to explain that there is sometimes collateral damage in war, someone chimes in "OMG it's like they're bombing Sick Kids' Hospital or something!"

Aie.

Our youth lead a very sheltered life do they not?
This is what you get when you let left wing "give peace a chance" types run willy nilly through government and schools.
We have tried to give peace a chance. It didn't work.
Now we have to remain free. And freedom isn't free is it?

Dumbest thing I heard said today was out of the mouth of a Penticton Reservist....

Infanteer said:
Dumbest thing I heard said today was out of the mouth of a Penticton Reservist....
Damn! You beat me to it.

When speaking to a buddy of mine on his BMQ at CFLRS now:

Him: So someone brought a cat here...

Me: They brought a what-now?

Him: During the first day move-in the DS asked Bloggins to open her bag for inspection, she said no, bag got opened, SPCA got called, cat is now gone...

Me: ... (dumbfounded silence)

PS: Not that I'm pointing fingers but I'm sure someone on this board mentioned trying to bring a cat to basic for one reason or another.  I did a search for cat, but it brings up a ton of pages and I'm not really that keen on searching them for some obscure cat reference...

Wickes said:
When speaking to a buddy of mine on his BMQ at CFLRS now:

Him: So someone brought a cat here...

Me: They brought a what-now?

Him: During the first day move-in the DS asked Bloggins to open her bag for inspection, she said no, bag got opened, SPCA got called, cat is now gone...

Me: ... (dumbfounded silence)

PS: Not that I'm pointing fingers but I'm sure someone on this board mentioned trying to bring a cat to basic for one reason or another.  I did a search for cat, but it brings up a ton of pages and I'm not really that keen on searching them for some obscure cat reference...

You're right, but it was a male Officer Candidate, and he was clearly joking. (He said later that he doesn't even have a cat.) The young lady who brought a cat to her BMQ is a few fries short of a Happy Meal. That was very poor judgment on her part.

Did the cat come back the very next day? Did the cat come back cuz he couldn't stay away?

OldSolduer said:
Did the cat come back the very next day? Did the cat come back cuz he couldn't stay away?

:rofl:

The cat came back, he didn't want to roam...the very next day he was home sweet home.  ;D

Who would bring a cat to basic??? WTF is that all about? Good for a laugh though.

When I was packing my bags to go to Basic, my cat was in-and-out of it several times. Believe me, once the suitcase was closed, I did a thorough search of the house till I found my cat curled up in a ball in one of her favourite hiding places!

:cdn:
Hawk

Was asked today wether it was Remembrance Day. Yes, there were lots of army men walking around in DEU, yes there was a parade, but c'mon, it is 9 Oct 08.

Back