• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What makes a good pilot ?

Journeyman said:
Now THERE'S a pair of words that seldom travel together  ;)

Adding to the requirement 'wish list'....since there may be the potential for ego issues with pilots, that this be tempered with some basic knowledge and common sense.

Example:
I was at CFC Toronto, sitting beside a LCol pilot, who was seriously baffled by the dolphins of a Cdr submariner...
Pilot: "I guess you fly navy aircraft, since ONLY pilots have the maple leaf on their wings."
- embarrassed silence everywhere -
Me: "Uh...Submariner, Clearance Diver, SAR Tech, Flight Steward, Parachutist?"
Pilot: "Really? No....... Really!?"  :-\

JM, tel me that wasn't a Tactical Aviator that said that!  I can't imagine a TH LCol so out of it that they wouldn't know a submariner's insignia...

Must go now to check my investments to make sure I have enough spare coin to pay for some drinks for SKT next time we hook up...it's like "hush money" to keep the Nav-free status quo in Tac Hel alive and well!  ;D  "Hey, SKT...stay away from my aircraft...I bought you a drink last year, remember?"  :P

Cheers,
Duey

Duey-

"Hey, SKT...stay away from my aircraft...I bought you a drink last year, remember?"
You haven't bought me a drink since 2nd year, remember?  :D

SeaKingTacco said:
Duey-
You haven't bought me a drink since 2nd year, remember?  :D

But it appears to have worked!  Tac Hel hasn't had any Nav's since at least 2nd year!  ;D

Aesop081, I hear you...especially in that big party bus of yours -- you guys have what, 15-20 Nav's on the SGOD at any one time?  >:D

Cheers,
Duey

Duey said:
JM, tel me that wasn't a Tactical Aviator that said that! 

If I recall correctly, this particular person's flight hours were largely racked up in CT-142 Dash-8s.....with possibly some CC-130 Herc time.

Journeyman said:
If I recall correctly, this particular person's flight hours were largely racked up in CT-142 Dash-8s.....with possibly some CC-130 Herc time.

Whew!  Then may I say...  ::)

;D

Strike said:
If you haven't noticed it yet, a good sense of humour is essential for ANY of the aircrew trades.

Too true.  Like I always say, if you can't take a joke........don't be one! ;D

Back