• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What looks good when you apply?

Wils21

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone. 

This is my first post so go easy on me.  Im just wondering about joining the reserves.  I was wondering if my experiences and circumstances hold any weight.
I will list them and maybe people can repond and let me know.  Ive read many of the forums but I am still sort of iffy.
I am 25.  Some university and currently attending college(2 year program in social services).  I have trained for 6 years as a wilderness survivalist specializing in tracking.  I am certified in CPR/first aid.  I am also a certified instructor for the Ontario Rock Climbing Association.  I meet all medical,physical requirements.  Now heres my catch i have a criminal record, but no obligations to the legal system.
    So thats my life in a nut shell.  Any suggestions on what i should go for; infantry,recce and so on.  When they do the background check Ive read that they look into your family as well.  So would the fact that my brother and cousin are both in the regs have any weight?
I hope ya dont mind all the questions.  I would really appreciate any feedback.  I read some forums and become disenheartened and i read others and want to run down to the recruiters office.
Thanx.  :cdn:

Show up clean and sober with no booze on your breath.  Seriously.

Tom

Wils21 said:
Now heres my catch i have a criminal record, but no obligations to the legal system.

It would depend on the type of offence that you were convicted of.  eg: was it indictable or summary?  What was the offence? 

Thanks for the tip on the booze i'll remember that.
The offense was indictable but i am in the process of recieving a pardon.

Be honest.

They are a potential employer like any other employer.

They may not have a chance to see you before you start the process, so your application will speak for you.

To this end, submit all of your documentation together and not piecemeal. Attach a resume if you like.

Do your research and make sure that you are making a well-informed decision based on realistic expectations.

When you get the call, be on time, dressed appropriately.

Best of luck to you.

If you have never done any illegal drugs, you not only shave time off you interview but looks real good.

TCBF said:
Show up clean and sober with no booze on your breath.  Seriously.

Tom

You really saw someone going to a CFRC half-drunk smelling booze?? Awhh.. I never toughed someone would ever do that! I wonder what's going on in the minds of people doing such things?

Cheers!

Back