• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is a fair $ value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyrat

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay jumped through all the hoops and today when I opened my mail there was a disability cheque. No explanation to the actual award and the degree of disability (knee) just the cheque…

So what is a fair $ amount?

I admit it is a sliver more than the low-maximum value I was expecting but that leads me to think that the doctor’s findings are more grim than I thought.

For those with experience, I understand that  some sort of statement of findings will follow?

Should I contact the Pension Advocate Board, inform them of the settlement and then go with their advice as to whether to appeal for more or cash the cheque and run..

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Skyrat

I had e same experience got the check before the paperwork.  When you get the paperwork you can appeal if you feel they didn't put the credence in your initial application that you feel they should have.  This was for a claim different from below, but this is my experience

In my case I was deinied for arthririts in rt hip, rt knee and degenerative disc ib '07, explanation was old age, I was 43.  I appealed and had my hearing in Dec 08 and was awrded 5/5 for knee and hip, 3/5 for my back. The appeal took into account more than 20 years in a parachute position and 9 years in infantry units as a sup tech

I attended a med release seminar for supervisors a few weeks back, and they told us that if you're getting a cheque, appeal it. They won't take any money away, but 95% of the time you'll get more money when a board actually spends more than 20 seconds with your file.

Thanks All,

From what I have heard-read, it would seem that the VA tries to Low Ball you on the first go around.

Guess I must wait for the actual assessment for the degree of disability and then determine if it is worth fighting.

Why does it seem like a constant battle.
The forces broke me.... if it was only as easy as an antique store..
`if you break it consider it sold`` haha

Again thanks all...

Skyrat

Skyrat said:
Thanks All,

From what I have heard-read, it would seem that the VA tries to Low Ball you on the first go around.

Guess I must wait for the actual assessment for the degree of disability and then determine if it is worth fighting.

Why does it seem like a constant battle.
The forces broke me.... if it was only as easy as an antique store..
`if you break it consider it sold`` haha

Again thanks all...

Skyrat

Remember,

The descision, are also set by Health Canada.

Due to assesment made by whatever doctor looked at your knee, they have to pigeon hole it into an area that fits witht he HC standard.

When you get your percentage back, andyou can call to get that, go for a second opinion.  Then Contact the BPA.

dileas

tess

Since this has just turned into a PM inbun information source, thread locked.

Good luck Skyrat, hope it all works for you.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back