• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What happens if I fail my FORCE fitness test

Kbee

Reaction score
I'm 45 years old. I've applied for the reserves as a Financial Services Administrator. I am wondering what happens if I fail the fitness test? Mine is quite soon and I really haven't had a chance to do any training. I'm fit for everyday life, I work on my feet all day, I don't carry extra weight, but I'm a 45 year old woman with a knee that sometimes acts up.

I have 2 weeks. I'm mostly worried about the 20 meter rushes, I've never been a speed person. But I am quite strong and lift relatively heavy things for work. So if I fail do I get another shot?

I'm 45 years old. I've applied for the reserves as a Financial Services Administrator. I am wondering what happens if I fail the fitness test? Mine is quite soon and I really haven't had a chance to do any training. I'm fit for everyday life, I work on my feet all day, I don't carry extra weight, but I'm a 45 year old woman with a knee that sometimes acts up.

I have 2 weeks. I'm mostly worried about the 20 meter rushes, I've never been a speed person. But I am quite strong and lift relatively heavy things for work. So if I fail do I get another shot?

Here's the (freshly Googled) policy. I'm not sure if it will apply in your situation, but FYI anyways.

In the meantime, I'd suggest working hard to be ready to give it your best shot. Adrenaline is a great workout buddy ;) ...

8. Failure to Achieve Evaluation Standards​

Supportive Actions

If a CAF member fails the FORCE Evaluation or the CMTFE, or fails to attempt either evaluation due to avoidance, the CAF member’s CO must determine, in accordance with DAOD 5019-2 and DAOD 5019-4, Remedial Measures, if administrative action is warranted.

8.2 When remedial measures are applied for a CAF member who fails the FORCE Evaluation or the CMTFE, a step-by-step process from IC to C&P is applied and usually continues even in the event that a CAF member is later successful. For example, if a CAF member fails an evaluation and is placed on IC, subsequently passes the evaluation and fails again during the subsequent evaluation cycle, the remedial measure to be applied should be an RW. The process in the table to paragraph 8.4 does not usually begin again as it is applied for the same performance deficiency. However, if the reason for the failure is different or the time between failures is significant, starting the process anew may be warranted. A CO may address special circumstances on a case-by-case basis through an AR.

8.3 A CAF member who fails the FORCE Evaluation or the CMTFE must be placed on an SPTP and be re-evaluated. A CAF member who is placed on an SPTP is normally in this program for a 12-week period and re-evaluated upon completion. Details regarding the SPTP can be obtained through local PSP fitness representatives.

Failing will delay any employment offer. If you haven't done any training, you're rolling dice that you can cold turkey the test. Standing on your feet all day is not the same as lifting 20KG sandbags and being able to drop and get up quickly.

Joining the CAF means a change in your lifestyle, you'll need to start prioritizing your fitness a couple times a week.

Here's the (freshly Googled) policy. I'm not sure if it will apply in your situation, but FYI anyways.

In the meantime, I'd suggest working hard to be ready to give it your best shot. Adrenaline is a great workout buddy ;) ...

8. Failure to Achieve Evaluation Standards​

Supportive Actions

If a CAF member fails the FORCE Evaluation or the CMTFE, or fails to attempt either evaluation due to avoidance, the CAF member’s CO must determine, in accordance with DAOD 5019-2 and DAOD 5019-4, Remedial Measures, if administrative action is warranted.

8.2 When remedial measures are applied for a CAF member who fails the FORCE Evaluation or the CMTFE, a step-by-step process from IC to C&P is applied and usually continues even in the event that a CAF member is later successful. For example, if a CAF member fails an evaluation and is placed on IC, subsequently passes the evaluation and fails again during the subsequent evaluation cycle, the remedial measure to be applied should be an RW. The process in the table to paragraph 8.4 does not usually begin again as it is applied for the same performance deficiency. However, if the reason for the failure is different or the time between failures is significant, starting the process anew may be warranted. A CO may address special circumstances on a case-by-case basis through an AR.

8.3 A CAF member who fails the FORCE Evaluation or the CMTFE must be placed on an SPTP and be re-evaluated. A CAF member who is placed on an SPTP is normally in this program for a 12-week period and re-evaluated upon completion. Details regarding the SPTP can be obtained through local PSP fitness representatives.

Thanks, I think this answer is not for people who are joining the reserves though. I heard back from the CPL administering the test and they said I could reschedule and take it again when I feel ready if I fail it the first time.

Mitigate your pain threshold with your knee issues. I know some folks that drop a couple of Tylenol / Advil / Aleve an hour or so before a FORCE test, just to get through it (pain management), and then ice up good after.

As for the rushes, as long as you have a decent cardio threshold, you should be able to pass. I'm 42 and I hover around the 325 mark and usually can walk faster than I can run, and usually average the runs in about 40-44 seconds. I'm not winning any marathons, but I can move if I need to.

All that to say, it never hurts to get that stamina up, so I will wish you the best of luck, and let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks, I think this answer is not for people who are joining the reserves though. I heard back from the CPL administering the test and they said I could reschedule and take it again when I feel ready if I fail it the first time.

A much better answer than mine!

More proof, if required, that we have some good people handling the recruiting process. Good luck with your test!

Failing will delay any employment offer. If you haven't done any training, you're rolling dice that you can cold turkey the test. Standing on your feet all day is not the same as lifting 20KG sandbags and being able to drop and get up quickly.

Joining the CAF means a change in your lifestyle, you'll need to start prioritizing your fitness a couple times a week.

A much better answer than mine!

More proof, if required, that we have some good people handling the recruiting process. Good luck with your test!

Mitigate your pain threshold with your knee issues. I know some folks that drop a couple of Tylenol / Advil / Aleve an hour or so before a FORCE test, just to get through it (pain management), and then ice up good after.

As for the rushes, as long as you have a decent cardio threshold, you should be able to pass. I'm 42 and I hover around the 325 mark and usually can walk faster than I can run, and usually average the runs in about 40-44 seconds. I'm not winning any marathons, but I can move if I need to.

All that to say, it never hurts to get that stamina up, so I will wish you the best of luck, and let us know how it all turns out.
Thanks for your encouragement!

Back