• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you carry?

YoshinRyu

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking for a list of what the avg. fighting ground solider is issued/carries in the field.
Especially when you wore the 1982 webbing and clothes.

How many extra sets of greens did you pack, what extra layers, what little things like sewing kits, etc.

Or can someone refer me to a link to answer the above.

why? I'm very curious. Since you're not in, why would you bother? If you're looking for camping stuff, go to a camping/hiking store and get good stuff.

I have good stuff, but still have the old 1982 stuff and greens and keep finding litle tidbits here and there.
Today I got a sewing kit that looks unused dated 1991  8)

Think of me as a private museum

YoshinRyu said:
Especially when you wore the 1982 webbing and clothes.

???

I never wore clothes with the 82 pattern webbing...

KevinB said:
???

*rolls around on floor clutching stomach* Multicam or nothin, eh?

I woulda' paid big bucks to see that...  ;D :dontpanic:

Strike that, I just realized how bad form it was.

KevinB said:
???

Pte.Pinky said:
*rolls around on floor clutching stomach* Multicam or nothin, eh?

Second that............*pukes on computer* Oh god make it stop make it stop....*pukes again on keyboard* I donna wanna I don't wan*pukes on chair* Oh god..............

:D

^-^

I'm guessing the jumping "Bare Ass" pic would not be appreciated by the code of conduct...

One on topic reply and six jokes  ::)

Now I know why the supply line for the army takes so long..."Did ya hear about the guy who actually wanted a top to match his pants?!"...QMs standing around a crate of new CADPAT packs.  :p

Man, I gotta stop replying to my own posts  :dontpanic:

KevinB said:
^-^

I'm guessing the jumping "Bare ***" pic would not be appreciated by the code of conduct...

O GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gouges eyes at very thought*

YoshinRyu -- what exactly did you want to know?

The kit list for the 82 pattern webbing?

KevinB said:
I'm guessing the jumping "Bare ***" pic would not be appreciated by the code of conduct...
I shoulda had pics taken of the Nekkid Section Attack. But then, considering the temp at the time, it's prob'ly best for my ego that none were taken.

Ok, ok, I'll try to answer your question. Bear in mind that I only used the webbing on my BMQ, so other, more practical, setups are probably out there.

The belt itself, starting from the front-most pouch on the right of the buckle and looping around clockwise was set up in this order:

- Mag pouch
- Canteen carrier
- KFS holder
- Buttpack (centered in the back)
- bayonet frog (or "holder." Where did "frog" come from?)
- C9 pouch
- Mag pouch

Aside from the obvious pouches (i.e. the mag pouches holding mags, etc) here's what I carried:
C9 pouch: rain gear (top and bottom - yes, tight fit)
Buttpack: socks, plate and cup, foot powder, sunscreen, bug juice, boonie hat, combat gloves (liners plus outers)

I seem to remember having more in the buttpack, I'll add it if I remember anything else

Cheers,
Pinky

YoshinRyu, you don't need(an probably don't have) a lot of the stuff we carried in the webbing. Personally, I woulden't bother going camping, etc with the old kit, go out an buy good stuff from a sports/camping store.

KevinB.. naked section attack...... why.....  drunken idea? or sober one? haha

MikeL said:
KevinB.. naked section attack...... why.....   drunken idea? or sober one? haha
Kev didn't do the Nekkid Section Attack (it's all capitalized. It's legendary.). In fact, he wasn't there. And I don't need likker to do stuff. I just need boredom, and someone to spur me on.

And, Yoshi, you still haven't answered my question. You answer mine, and I'll answer yours.

C9 pouch: rain gear (top and bottom - yes, tight fit)

Umm... what the hell are you doing carrying around your rain gear (especially the pants ::)) in your C-9 pouch. If I am not mistaken the C-9 pouch was origionally designed to hold candy and sandwiches!

^-^

I've seen a certain Police Departments Emergency Responce Section do naked sniping...

I have never (to my knowledge) been involved in a naked section attack.

Apparently I can't read   :eek:

Paracowboy, if I drive up to Edmonton Garrison tomarrow, an give spur you on, will you do a naked section attack from the Gym, through the gate an down to the end of that road.

If the naked section attack goes down, please DON'T post pics.

Back