• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What book are you reading now?

OldSolduer said:
Zombies??? Where???

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Classic-Regency-Jane-Austen/9781594743344-item.html?ref=Search+Books:+%2527Pride+Prejudice+and+Zombies%2527

Kyle Burrows said:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Classic-Regency-Jane-Austen/9781594743344-item.html?ref=Search+Books:+%2527Pride+Prejudice+and+Zombies%2527

Are you frickin serious?

The Siege of Fort Beauséjour, 1755 by Chris Hand (one of the LCols here in Gagetown).

Spent a day there last week with the LCol giving us a tour and the history lesson. You know, I crawled over that place often as a kid - (being that parents were from Miramichi & Amherst), but I guess that I just didn't get it.

I'm actually enjoying reading the book and learning the history. As the historical site whose siege directly led to the expulsion of the Acadians to Louisiana - you'd think there'd be something more than one simple highway sign announcing it's presence, importance and impact upon the Canada we now know.

It's kind of sad how many people cross that border between NB and NS and have absolutely no clue.  :-[

Vern

If you run into Chris Hand before you leave Gagetown, please say 'hi' from me. We served together in DGMPO during Oka, Gulf 1 and the collapse of the Soviet Union. Interesting times.

ArmyVern said:
It's kind of sad how many people cross that border between NB and NS and have absolutely no clue.
must.....not.......comment........  >:D

;D

Just finished "Robert's Ridge" by Malcom MacPherson and moved on to "3 Para" by Patrick Bishop

ArmyVern said:
It's kind of sad how many people cross that border between NB and NS and have absolutely no clue.  :-[

There's a border there?  ;D

Don't see much when I blow through there at 120 lol

Of course there's a border - it's the spot where the highway turns to absolute shyte when you leave Amherst going towards Moncton...

On another note, just dug out "Treatment and Quarrantine Guidelines for Pandemic Influeza" and "Pandemic Influenza and The Emergency Measures Act: Your Rights and Obligations As A Health Care Professional" and started to brush up...

MM

Five Families: The Rise, Decline, and Resurgence of America's Most Powerful Mafia Empires by Selwyn Raab

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs - Chuck Klosterman
No Logo - Naomi Klein
It's Not About the Bike - Lance Armstrong

And MEC's spring and paddling catalogs

I am reading, "To Protect and to Serve: The LAPD's Century of War in the City of Dreams":
"Give no slack and take no sh*t from anyone. Confront and command. Control the street at all times. Always be agressive. Stop crimes before they happen. Seek them out. Shake them down. Make that arrest. And never, NEVER, admit the department has done anything wrong."

Hunting Down Saddam by Robin Moore wasn't so great, seemed to be pieced together...
About 1/2 way through Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, enjoyed World War Z by the same author
Greg

White Fang by Jack London
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

You just have to love the classics  :nod:

Listening to Steve Allen • Jack Kerouac: Poetry For The Beat Generation, then on to The Dharma Bums.

dileas

tess

American Gods by Neil Gaiman. One of the better fantasy novels to come out recently.

Freight said:
About 1/2 way through Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, enjoyed World War Z by the same author
Greg

That book is pure gold. I enjoyed every page. I've not read World War Z yet though. I'll have to pick up a copy.

I've got "Shake Hands With the Devil" on the go in my bedroom. Tough book to put down when I know I should be sleeping. I've seen the movie a couple of times, but the detail in the book is just that much more poignant.

In the can I'm reading John Stewart's "America: A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction." Very well written. It's in the form of a textbook/ teacher's guide. I don't know how many times I've burst out laughing while reading this one. All of the contributors from The Daily Show are there too. The asides from Canada's own Samantha Bee are hilarious.

Back