• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weapon Myths

And while you're debunking his statements, try this one.

"I'm pretty sure that if you give an Lt a rifle, he's more than just a danger to himself.  He's a danger to everyone around him."

The ignorance of some people never ceases to amaze me. (the instructor in question)
I really get a charge out of people assuming that everyone in the CF is an automatic weapons expert just, well, because... you know the job and all... and I, of course, take great joy in correcting them (you know for safety sake).

:brickwall:

If I recall correctly, the AK-47 could use NATO 7.62, but the C1A1 could not use Russian/WP/Eastern bloc 7.62.  The Russian designed round is apparently just a smidgen too long for fitting into the chambers of western built weapons; apparently it was designed that way on purpose so that they could use our ammo but we couldnt use theirs. That may be a myth too but its one thats been around since at least 1986 when I first heard it, and Ive read it in a couple of books since then.

Ref the SMG, ditto, very slow rate of fire, you could sweep almost 45 degrees in arc before the next round gos off.  Youre better off using chili to clear the room... ;D

the AK47 uses 7.62x39mm, which would not be able to feed the NATO 7.62x51mm round. You may be thinking of the Russian 7.62x54mm (PKM, Dragunov, etc) round being able to feed the NATO round.

Personally I think you wait till he is in a large group with his peers and say something to the effect."Hey your that idiot that told me ..."and finish up with "well assneck sort your shit out." His peers will proably laugh at him as if he is shooting this bull at young guys, he proably is known to be an idiot by his peers.Maybe you get charged,maybe not.But hey you'll be remembered as they guy who told Cpl soandso he was a idiot and sorted him out.And then mcpl......anyway.

The army is a really weird highschool,his friends will hate you (later messing with your career...it happens)but the other guys who thinks he is a assneck will love you forever.
Everyone kinda knows myself and being reserved and quiet.....nahhh they dont.

rcac_011 said:
Personally I think you wait till he is in a large group with his peers and say something to the effect."Hey your that idiot that told me ..."and finish up with "well assneck sort your shit out." His peers will proably laugh at him as if he is shooting this bull at young guys, he proably is known to be an idiot by his peers.Maybe you get charged,maybe not.But hey you'll be remembered as they guy who told Cpl soandso he was a idiot and sorted him out.And then mcpl......anyway.

The army is a really weird highschool,his friends will hate you (later messing with your career...it happens)but the other guys who thinks he is a assneck will love you forever.
Everyone kinda knows myself and being reserved and quiet.....nahhh they dont.
::)

YOU CANNOT USE 7.62x39 in a 7.62x54R or 7.62x51(NATO)  OR any combination thereof.

Some idiot has been passing that shit on for years.

Thats up there with the TRIAD is good, and a RAS will overheat your weapon (of course that idiot is the LCMM SA  ;D) 

And up there with following advice from RCAC_R011  :-*

Shamrock said:
Me and a bowl full of chili washed down with some freshly squeezed orange juice.  THAT is the world's most effective room clearing weapon.

Ithought the CF didn't use bio weapons ;D

I have a Sgt who qualifies as a bio-weapon.  Blew gas in the back of a closed BV 206, with me, the CO and RSM.

"Career moving, career moving, career stops!  Whaddya do, sergeant??"

"New resumé, CSM!"

"I've heard its legal to buy a AK-47 as long as you buy it in pieces, that the AK-47 is legal if you use a barrel extension."

- In any firearm, there is at least one major piece that the CFC says is the piece you go to jail over.  You are either grandfathered to possess that piece by the numbers on the back of your PAL (Prohibited 12(5) OIC # 13, etc) or you are not.  You will cross the line long before you can assemble anything that can go "Bang."

Don't let anyone talk you into trying.

however, you can get a VZ-58 legally, because it is not an AK, if you get the long barreled one it's not even restricted!  ;)

VZ-58S-800px.jpg

COBRA-6 said:
the AK47 uses 7.62x39mm, which would not be able to feed the NATO 7.62x51mm round. You may be thinking of the Russian 7.62x54mm (PKM, Dragunov, etc) round being able to feed the NATO round.

To quash any rumours now of this myth, any weapon chambered of 7.62 x54mmR (being rimmed not rimless) vs 7.62 x 39mm vs 7.62 x 51mm cartridge is NOT interchangeable period. I play with capturedAKMs, SVDs and PKMs all the time ( also owned several AKs, SKSs, and original Mosin 'snipers' from 1977 to 1994 when I was in happy gun owning days in Canada - so without sounding like a wanker - I know my shyte!). I wrote many articles in CF papers, instructed, etc), and NOTHING interchanges. Any attempt will put life and limb at risk.

Cheers,

Wes

Its a stamped POS, but it hammers 'em out. We have some Russian ones with the safety markings in English!

Cheers,

Wes

I should clarify, I did not mean to suggest you could use the NATO rounds in the Russian guns. I was referring to the myth that a NATO 7.62x51mm round may feed into a Russian 7.62x54mm chamber because of the dimmensions. Kind of the way a 20ga shell will feed into a 12ga chamber, once...  ;D

also, PKM's are fun to shoot! The one in the pic is Bulgarian.

range009a.jpg

Put your "cooler uniform" shooting pics on.  The pistol ones  >:D

the first rule of the bottle route range is that we don't talk about the bottle route range...  ;)

Back