• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Water On Knee, Hurts When Running Prior to BMQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan.paulin

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I should be leaving for BMQ on August 20th after a years waiting for my application. I have been running a lot lately and doing push up and just pretty much preparing myself for my BMQ but since last week I have started to feel pain in my right knee right under the knee cap when I put too much strain on it. I believe I would have water on my knee since I have gotten it a few years earlier and I was experiencing the same pain as I am now..... Now this is of a big concern for me I am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem in the process of joining the army and during their training and what have they done and how long it took them to go away. I really don't want to miss out on this chance to join the army( going as traffic technician) anyway this problem has only occurred twice in my life and first time after it healed I was good to go run with no pain like a whole 15k.

Thanks in advance for any advice, comments or anything you have that could be helpful.

I would be leaving for BMQ in a week

Don't worry about it there is very minimal p.t for the first 4 weeks. Actually for the entire course if you are in shape. It all depends how bad you want to go.

Start by seeing a doctor...we don't practice medicine over the net here.

MM

medicineman said:
Start by seeing a doctor...we don't practice medicine over the net here.

MM

I already Had seen the doctor for the first time, Am just looking for people with similar experiences... and the doctor at first made some x-rays to see what was wrong and it was water on the knee cap and just told me to do certain exercises.  Thanks for letting me know tough.

bobbocool said:
Don't worry about it there is very minimal p.t for the first 4 weeks. Actually for the entire course if you are in shape. It all depends how bad you want to go.

Great advice.  ::)

jonathan.paulin said:
I already Had seen the doctor for the first time, Am just looking for people with similar experiences... and the doctor at first made some x-rays to see what was wrong and it was water on the knee cap and just told me to do certain exercises.  Thanks for letting me know tough.

Lets be clear here....MedicineMan posted "go to a Dr".  Did you get a hint from his name what type of work background/experience he has?  Check out his profile then.

If you are going to BMQ at the Mega, you will be walking, marching or running everywhere.  There are 14? stories to the Mega, when I was an Instr there, Recruits were not allowed to use the elevators (maybe a current CFLRS staff member can verify this is still the policy).  If you go in with a bad knee, you could end up with a bigger problem than you have now. 

:2c:

If you are sworn in and haven't left for BMQ, contact your Recruiting Centre. That'll be the only opinion that counts.

Notwithstanding, anecdotal advice here is to be looked at with a somewhat jaundiced eye and taken with a grain of salt.

As previously stated, no one can give you any advice of a medical nature, about what to do with your gimp knee.

Even if they were a doctor.

Your only military contact or Chain of Command, at this point, is the CFRC. Call them.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back