• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WANTED - issued CADPAT boonie cap

If you only have the olive thread slipons, only wear the olive thread nametapes, otherwise you will look ridiculous. I'm not sure if the blue threaded slipons have made their way outside of reg force yet. So for the sake of uniformity, wear matching slipon and nametape. As you know, the military seems to be all about uniformity.

hmm, i think i will try and get some.  when i got my CADPAT the base tailor had to make slip ons for me (apparenttly you don't get your slip ons from supply, they come from base tailor-both CADPAT and dress blues).  So they may have the thread...well somthin to keep in mind anyways.  But ya, your right, i don't like the navy blue either! hah, and i'm Airforce.  Blue beret is good enough.

cheers

PV

Well, the person i was refering too was a CIC officer, and had both slipons and name tapes with the blue thread. I have also started seeing the airforce PATS with CADPAT, they had the crappy name tapes/slip-ons, but they also had issued navy blue t shirts on, and they wore the blue gortex jacket. I think it looks like junk.

Well, havn't seen the full get up myself yet, but ya, i can imagine that does sound pretty ugly.  Well, lucky for us they don't have to look good, they just have to allow us to do our jobs.  CADPAT for istance, personnally i don't think that is a "gorgeous" look especially for Garrison use, but hey from what i hear it kicks butt in the field.  Although blue and CADPAT could never look good in the field..LOL.

cheers guys

PV

Out here in Pac Reg for Army CIC, we only got issued CADPAT pants and shirt, not a boonie hat.   If there were CIC officers in camps wearing the CADPAT boonie hat, then they either purchased them, 'aquired' them, or they were issued them for the summer, as I think that my CO and TrgO would have worn theirs by now if they still had them (they were both at Vernon last summer)

We never got issued the 'robin hood' hats, so I doubt that we will get the boonie hats either.   :crybaby:

I have ordered several sets of clothing for new Army CIC officers, so trust me, I know what the allowance is, and the only headgear is a beret and two toques (olive and DEU), no bush cap.

Now, from what I have heard, the Air and Navy versions of CIC will not be getting CADPAT, or at least not for a while, as they have 'work dress' and 'naval combats', respectively.   The combats are our workdress, we don't get multiple versions of DEU like the Air CIC do.   It is what I wear for our weekly training nights, except once a month, on those nights when we have CO's parade.

Now, remember, this is for out here on the wet coast, your milage may vary across the country, and things may change in time, but this is what the situation is as I understand it.

Eventually, we may get the new outer CADPAT jackets, but right now, we are only issued the Olive Green 'jean-jacket' material coat for outerwear, as well as the rain gear.

That isn't to say that many CIC have probably purchased off-the-shelf CADPAT parkas or windbreakers or boonies or whatever (I have a crap-load of stuff from CPGear (Can. Peacekeeper)   ;D ), but we don't have ISSUED TACvests, boonie hats or anything else, so are not depriving anyone of anything.

YMMV   :warstory:

The afore mentioned info is from talking to the Capt. at the ASU Chilliwack CIC supply depot, and is to the best of my re-collection.   If it is incorrect, just let me know, don't shoot me   :gunner:

Quentin

That about sums it up quite well sir.  That is pretty much what is goin on here in central region.  The only thing i have "CP'd" so far is some velcro name tapes and that sweet ass new riggers belt.  hmm, well maybe i'll be applying to Vernon for staff this summer.....haha.

cheers

PV

Just talked with the RCSU(c) RQ, he said that air CIC, were on the CADPAT issue scale for a few months, then got taken off it. So anyone who got it, will not be able to exchange, but they can keep what they want. Navy, will be a long time. 

which RCSU in central region ? (their are a few, London, Toronto etc.) out of curiosity.

cheers

PV

Actually you are mistaken, there are reagional det.s of the HQ. there is EOA, WOA, NOA, adn then the camps. (again, i am a little drunk so excuse mispleleing) I work at RSCU(c), which is in Borden, and like I said the ones in Toronto, Norht Bay, London, ect. are simply extensions of us. But if you havnt got my point....... I work at the big show, the main place in borden/////

ya, that makes more sense, my bad.  I might see you in Feb...actually i doubt it, but i will be doing my BOQ in Borden  :)  Do i have go into Alliston or Barrie if i say, have a little off time to kill ?

cheers

PV

You will be doing your training at RCIS. I am at RCSU, the difference is we are the HQ, they are the CIC training school. My offic/workshop is about 400 ft from RCIS. And if you got time off, Alliston is about 15 minutes away, they got your basic, food, and resturants and crap. Barrie is about 20-30 mins drive away(traffic depending) and there is everything you could need. 

PV, CIC officers can now get their cadpat, the whole uniform, wide brimed hat included, my old cadet officers all got them, I believe they said they had to make an appointment to go get them but apparently CIC are now entitled to cadpat, if that helps at all...

Thanks a bunch Sapper24.  I think the thing is, policy varies from province to province and region to region.  so i will just have to wait for "the memo" to make it's way to central region, if that is the case.

Happy New Years

Cheers

PV

Back