• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WANTED - issued CADPAT boonie cap

PViddy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys.

i am looking for an issued CF boonie cap new or slightyly used.  My beret is 7 1/4 if that helps.  I am just checking here if swinging one from supply fails.

Regards,

PV

Just wait until you get issued one. I personally wouldn't buy something I will be issued.

I am a CIC officer.  I am not supposed to get issued neat stuff like that, somtimes u get lucky.

cheers

PV

Off topic question here,

PViddy, just out of random curiosity how did you go about becoming a CIC OCdt.  I see them around now and then but I have no knowledge of how the system actually works.

As far as the hat goes anyone offering to sell you one is, as I understand it, effectively breaking the law, not exactly the best way to go about aquiring kit, especially in a public setting.

...they are keen hats. You can buy ones from surplus stores all over the place, I dunno about the quality, I only have the one the Queen gave me. Best of luck getting one from the system, unless you are a Sea Cadet CIC, then I'd say you are really reaching! ::)

Oh, it was only if somone had an extra one laying around.  I don't expect somone to go to great lengths especially not to steal anythting.

Applying to the CIC can be a pretty long process.  It took me a year and a half to get into uniform (well, that's because my Detachment lost my paperwork).  Cadets is such a great system and u can get a ton out of it if you pay attention, so often times former cadets will apply to join the CIC after they retire.  I just got sworn in Sept.  if all goes to plan, BOQ in feb. and i should get my commision within one year.  this link should answer some questions.

http://cadets.ca/recruit/cic_e.asp

cheers

PV

haha.  No no.  I am certainly not asking anyone to steal anything.  If anyone had one laying around as in an extra that would be swell, also, many people run surplus stores are know somone who does etc. I suppose CADPAT is not as readily available as the OD's once were.  you may have been confused when i said "issued".  If i buy one it has to be official Can. issue cause i have seen some CADPAT knock offs out there.

As for the CIC, you basically apply through a recruitting centre like any other Officer, it can be quite a long process.

Cadets.ca should answer some of your questions, if not most.

not issued, but looks like a close knock off:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36077&item=2292187260&rd=1

http://www.tigertactical.com

Dave at Tiger-Tactical makes his own version if you really want one.

PViddy,

Cadet officers as far as I know are entitled to the Issued field hat...all the officers at Blackdown had them this year and my PL comd from camp still has his and apparantly they didnt ask for it back.

Most of the officers I saw in Vernon this summer had been issued CADPAT bonnie caps.
But this may just be something PAC Region issued to them for the summer.

Ya.  Army CIC i don't think is a problem.  It's a really weird system we have.  The way i understand it is, the combat fatigue is the armies work dress for garrison use (this pretains to cadet training nights), so i believe they have always been getting issued some form of greens-more recently of course, into the CADPAT stuff.  Us Air types on the other hand, have a set of blues classified as "work dress" even though me may do as much outdoor training as an Army cadet unit.  I think eventually Air, Army and Sea will all be issued fatigues as the OD stuff starts to run out in surplus stores but they may be quite awhile.

I am gonna try my luck with the supply system i suppose, then worse comes to worse, call in some favors.  tthanks for the input guys.

cheers

PV

I know that certain Air force units are on full scale of issue for CADPAT, if I am not mistaken, ALL airforce are. The first time I seen the crappy name tage/slip-ons was on a AF CIC officer. Every one at RCSU(c) is in CADPAT, except for a few who still wear the dress blues, though I heard they have them.

interesting.  what do you mean by
The first time I seen the crappy name tage/slip-ons was on a AF CIC officer
?
do we have crappy name tags ?

cheers

PV

I think hes reffering to the blue thread on the CADPAT nametapes and slipons, which are ugly as sin and I hate them. lol

Big Foot said:
I think hes reffering to the blue thread on the CADPAT nametapes and slipons, which are ugly as sin and I hate them. lol
do u mean cadpat tilly hats

yeah, tilly, boonie, "wide brimmed combat hat", ya...those.  ;D

Umm, yes their is another question.  I have two sets of name tapes (velcro tapes for the new fatigues) all with the airforce bird on them.  two with that really dark navy thread in a plain OD and two with the normal olive thread in CADPAT.  any regs on which ones airforce types wear ?  also, their are slip ons with this same thread ?

cheers

PV

Well, most people here at RMC and most airforce types in generally wear the blue thread. Actually, today i saw a brigadier general wearing the hideous blue threaded nametape and slip on. But I digress, I don't think it matters which you wear, as long as you don't mix and match olive with blue.

I don't suppose their any published regs on all of this ? i have never seen tthe navy thread rank slip ons before.  that is totally new.

cheers

PV

Back