• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting patiently.......

eugene86

Inactive
Reaction score
So I started the recruiting process in February. Passed all their tests.(at first they misplaced some of my documents which delayed the process...but they found them) Went to ACS (which was fun). found out mid-august that I passed for Pilot and now I am waiting for my offer. This is the most difficult part so far. I really want to begin! Right now I'm working part-time at Niagara Helicopters and studying partime at Brock. but I just can't stop thinking about it. Reading some of the boards on here has given me some hope though.

This is my first post here....hopefully being a member here can calm the anticipation

Im in the same boat, I'm assuming your file went to the 14th boards? If so sit tight because the waiting isn't over yet! Agreed that ACS was a blast, what entry program are you gunning for? best of luck 

edit: welcome aboard!

Welcome in the club.

Ive been on my procedure since January 15Th...should have been enrolled on November 6 but they made a mistake..and now I'm also waiting. There is still hope dont worry :)

I'm in the CEOTP, don't know what you mean by the 14th boards......

OK, so airnav was my third choice, and today I got an offer for it, but at ACS I failed to meet the standard for AirNav but passed for pilot. so what was the point of ACS... I guess you have to get used to that kind of thing in the military.  A month ago they gave me an offer for my second choice, armour officer (I'd rather command a tank that sit and control the air space), for the second time. The recruiter said my chances to get an offer for pilot is  very very slim, that may be true but I'm gonna tough it out, I have a passion for being in the air, being  in control, and most of all to be in the Canadian Air Force!     

recceguy said:
Wwwhhhhaaaaattttt was that?

It is a riddle, you know like the one in the "Hobbit", if you solve it you get a fancy ring.

eugene86 said:
OK, so airnav was my third choice, and today I got an offer for it, but at ACS I failed to meet the standard for AirNav but passed for pilot. so what was the point of ACS... I guess you have to get used to that kind of thing in the military.  A month ago they gave me an offer for my second choice, armour officer (I'd rather command a tank that sit and control the air space), for the second time. The recruiter said my chances to get an offer for pilot is  very very slim, that may be true but I'm gonna tough it out, I have a passion for being in the air, being  in control, and most of all to be in the Canadian Air Force!     

First of all you should know there is a difference between an air navigator and an airspace controller. You seem to be confusing the two, of course it is hard to tell as you are not exactly the most well spoken individual I have met.

Secondly if you don't want airnav and only want a pilot then it is a moot point if you got an offer or if you passed the airnav test or not. Be for warned; rumour has it that the pilot trade is closed until april at the earliest so have a back up plan. In any case the best advices is of course this......talk to your recruiter.

Cheers.

eugene86 said:
OK, so airnav was my third choice, and today I got an offer for it, but at ACS I failed to meet the standard for AirNav but passed for pilot. so what was the point of ACS... I guess you have to get used to that kind of thing in the military.   A month ago they gave me an offer for my second choice, armour officer (I'd rather command a tank that sit and control the air space), for the second time. The recruiter said my chances to get an offer for pilot is  very very slim, that may be true but I'm gonna tough it out, I have a passion for being in the air, being  in control, and most of all to be in the Canadian Air Force!       

Either you have a split personality that has very different plans and desires in the CF or...you just confused a bunch of people...whats up?

AirNav does not control the airspace.  They navigate it.

Are you thinking AEC (Aerospace Controller)?  

Do you mind clarifying your post some?

Oh and FWIW...AECs can be part of AWACS....so...being in the air (check) being in control (check) and being in the Air Force (check) yup....might want to relook that AEC stuff over again eh?  ;D There's a decent video on the CF Recruiting website...AEC...OUTCAN postings...hmmmmmm.

And just for dirt...

http://www.e3a.nato.int/

MRM

Mud Recce Man said:
Either you have a split personality that has very different plans and desires in the CF or...you just confused a bunch of people...whats up?

AirNav does not control the airspace.  They navigate it.
Are you thinking AEC (Aerospace Controller)? 
Do you mind clarifying your post some?

Perhaps he is going in that new trade...........part Pilot...part Air Nav........."Back Seat Pilot"  ???

potato

Ya, sorta confusing...might just wanna wait for him to come back and clarify...although you can smell it in the air sometimes...a pile on...lol

ok, so I've been trying to get on this site since last night (my PC froze everytime I tried) and this is my first chance to reply to your comments.  you see my computer froze right after I posted and I didn't proof read (can you tell I wrote it out of frustration)... I read it again and I understand all the confusion so I'm going to clarify.

My choices were 1. Pilot 2. Air Nav and 3. Armour Officer. So far I've gotten 2 offers for Armour officer and 1 for air Nav. I know the difference btw airnav and air space controller. Its just most people going into the air force for pilot usually have airnav and AEC as their 2nd and 3rd choice. But I would rather be an armour officer than an AEC. AEC was never one of my choices.

I posted this because I didn't understand how I could get an offer for AirNav even though I failed to meet the requirements at Air Crew Selection. and yes I have spoken to my Recruiter and the pilot trade is closed right now. They have a lot of candidates and he said its very competitive, and the best thing to do is wait.

I very much want to be in the CF as a Pilot. My buddy is going in for Armour because he likes tanks...I like Helicopters,  and yes we know we don't choose what vehicle we end up in.

hope that clarified it a bit....sorry for the confusion

I'm also on that wait list having passed aircrew in Aug. Half of the people I went there with have received offers so far. 

Since we may have to wait until April, I will be looking to upgrade my file.  Can a recruiter let me know what would make my file stronger and separate me from the pack? My marks were so-so but I went to a top notch school, have lots of leadership experience and a few years job experience in a role that requires responsibility and management. 

I have decided to start ground school/flying lessons in January to show initiative while working.  Is there anything else I could be doing with my time to increase my odds such as finding a job associated with flying?  Does volunteering help the file?  Are there specific places I could be helping out at?   

Thanks for letting me know.

rounder199 said:
I'm also on that wait list having passed aircrew in Aug. Half of the people I went there with have received offers so far. 

Since we may have to wait until April, I will be looking to upgrade my file.  Can a recruiter let me know what would make my file stronger and separate me from the pack? My marks were so-so but I went to a top notch school, have lots of leadership experience and a few years job experience in a role that requires responsibility and management. 

I have decided to start ground school/flying lessons in January to show initiative while working.  Is there anything else I could be doing with my time to increase my odds such as finding a job associated with flying?  Does volunteering help the file?  Are there specific places I could be helping out at?   

Thanks for letting me know.

You had your chance and it was called the CFAT and the Interview.

Hey guys

i'm also still waiting for the call, although they said  that they are not sure if my file got to the selection board on time (nov14th) and they don t say when the next boards are, so it might be a couple of months for me until I hear something

Everyone else seems to have nice stories that I enjoy reading, so I thought I'd throw my own on up here! :p

I had my ROTP interview today! It went fantastically well; I don't think I could have wished for anything more. My three chosen occupations are Military Police, Intelligence, and Logistics. MP is impossible because the conference for next year's group was held this year, yet that's okay. :) I was told Intelligence is a real competitive field, yet he did say I would be competitive for it, which is awesome. The interviewer said if I didn't get offered at least a position in Logistics, he would be surprised, which made me light up! He did say he's seen a very qualified individual not get a job offer before because of no vacancies, so I'm by no means in: I did all I could on my part though! :)

Here's to hearing back in March, yay or nay!

Congrats!  RMC is very competitive.

Back when I was accepted, we were given numbers such that 3000 applicants had their files forwarded for Board review,  and only 300~ total were accepted that year.    Now, that wasn't exactly direct from CFRG, but, it's what we were told....    But cross your fingers!  The Forces also seem to have opened up Civy U acceptances as of late (just general impression), so there is always that.  Ensure you apply to a few other Universities!

Back