• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

Ok, I guess I should expand on my previous post.

I am VOTing from nursing with a completed bachelor of science in nursing. I have basic training but do not have my phase training and am therefore a votu

The PSO informed me that my options are sigs O and HCA.

What I'm most concerned about is whether or not the training done with the military builds on an existing computer science degree or is one that builds fr zero

The question about HCA was a secondary concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking to VOT-U from nursing with a completed bachelor of science degree in nursing sciences.

One of my options was SIGS O which I found to be strange as I would have thought that it would require some sort of computer science degree.

What I want to know is if the training requires and builds on a preexisting relevant degree or if it starts you up from zero and any degree really is OK. I don't want to be set up for failure here.

Side note before someone else jumps on this HCA will also be on the application regardless as it is a bit more relevant to my background.

Sent via smoke signals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See also,

Sigs officer 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/122992/post-1434293/topicseen.html#new

Mariomike I may be misunderstanding missing something here but you linked me to my own post...

I put that post up in what I felt was a more relevant section upon realizing that this was a bit too general.

The link to the search you provided also didn't really get me what I was looking for at all, thus my more specific post which you linked to.

Sent via smoke signals

Mariomike I posted here because I felt this was a bit more specific and I didn't find the answer I was looking for in your link to search results.

It doesn't answer if the training builds on a computer science degree or not.

Sent via smoke signals

You're not going to be programming things as a Sig O. Your degree will help you understand the complex networks that you will be required to conceptualize, but not design. The nuts and bolts of the computer work is done by ISTs in your troop, not you.

So would that mean that a bachelor of science wouldn't leave me stranded

Sent via smoke signals

Comp sci is one of the preferred degrees for Sig O I'm pretty sure. You just won't be hands doing comp sci stuff.

As Puckchaser note, while your general science degree is not ideal for the Sig O MOSID, the course load in general science degree (e.g., math, physics, chemistry) will help you along as well.  The training in and of itself is progressive and while some with ideal engineering type degrees may understand some of the concepts quicker you will still receive training on those concepts. 

Cheers

Andraste

At least, with a nursing background, you may have some empathy for the "patients" upon whom you inflict your systems as a Sigs Officer.

Health sciences is what a nursing degree is considered as an equivalent to when you don't use it for nursing. It's been a long time since I took those math and chemistry classes so I'm admittedly a bit nervous.

Sent via smoke signals

You'd still be further ahead than those coming on training with an "Arts" degree  :) 

Cheers

Andraste

For those who have been paying attention to the SIP, the newest numbers were just released today.  (Intake Plan/Out Cap Plan under Production Reports.)  if and when I get a chance I'll post the link.
Cheers

maverick230 said:
For those who have been paying attention to the SIP, the newest numbers were just released today.  (Intake Plan/Out Cap Plan under Production Reports.)  if and when I get a chance I'll post the link.
Cheers

http://cmp-cpm.mil.ca/en/support/military-personnel/dpgr-index.page

Thank you for the heads up .As anybody contacted BPSO office yet to inquire .I did  and got the classic We have not receive nothing yet!

In the Canforgen message  it's say that DCMPG will not entertain inquiry before early May I wonder if I should give them a call.They were quite nice when I called to confirm the receiving of my Avotp request.(I guess I am getting pretty anxious for a answer.)

You could try to contact DMCPG but bear in mind this is their very, very (emphasis on very) busy time of year as they are running boards for multiple programs with VOT being one.  Rest assured the boards are sitting and offers/decisions are slowly being released. 

Cheers

Andraste

Thanks I was under the impression that the board were all sitting prior to May 1st

Has the files were due in February. Are the board starting to sit in May ?

I am stuck between two posting and the final outcome will depend on this year Avotp offer.So you can understand why I am so anxious to get an answer.

Thanks for the quick reply.It is quite apreciated

I took a peak at the link above and seen both the trade im in and the trade im trying to get have alot of 0's for external and internal vot's but there are alot of other trades the esame way so im not sure if thats just someone didnt fill them out or what cause if they not letting anyone out or in i would hope to think that would be found out before or during the bpso interview or at least before the sitting of the boards so you had the chance to figure thngs out.

If the occupation you are hoping to apply to is "closed" the BPSO will  let you know before you even start down the interview phase.  At that point you can either opt to apply to another MOSID or wait until it opens.

Cheers

Andraste

Is this for Officer VOT (the '0' OUTCAP for VOT)?

Unless something has changed, even RED trades were allowed "out".  It was only 0.5% of the TES but still.  I believe circa 2005 there was a policy from (then) DMCA for that; 2% TES for green, 1% for amber and 0.5% for red.

If no one is allowed 'out', how do they expect to feed needed blood into the remuster only trades?

Re-reading your post, I think I mis-read it to mean people aren't allowed 'out', vice 'in'.  My bad.

Back