• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

Well, the Adjt at my unit forwarded my VOT instructions to me today, 16 july effective date and a message requesting a course loading amendment for ACISS DP1 for 30 july sent between  CFSCE and CTC HQ in Gagetown.

Hubby received his VOT instructions today. They were actually sent on Thurs, but he got them today. No training dates yet.

Well this is getting insane.

I have our Sqn farewell BBQ today where they will fare well me but I still don't have that damn instruction message!!!

I am beginning to wonder if something has gone wrong somewhere. I guess if I haven't heard anything by monday which is a total of 7 working days before I am supposed to have my uniform changed etc before I start making some calls and shaking some trees.

This farewell bbq feels like a farce without official notice. Can you say awkward?

Should i dare to hope if they HAVE granted me an Air factor?

Could be a paper-trail wait from AUMB to the OT peeps.  Is there a POC on the offer msg your C Clk etc can contact?

What is AUMB? Yeah I have a POC of some sort on the offer. I will wait until Monday (well Tuesday actually since I have Monday off) to shake down that tree if I haven't gotten it by 0700 on Tuesday. Right now I know the Sgt at our OR has enquired with that sed POC so I don't want to be too irritating.

got my message weeks ago.. but being told it could be a year before i go on course..

a year of sitting in north bay rotting..

Wrathwitch said:
What is AUMB? Yeah I have a POC of some sort on the offer. I will wait until Monday (well Tuesday actually since I have Monday off) to shake down that tree if I haven't gotten it by 0700 on Tuesday. Right now I know the Sgt at our OR has enquired with that sed POC so I don't want to be too irritating.

AUMB = Aerospace Underwater Medical Board.  They are part of CFEME/DRDC in Toronto and are the only folks who can grant aircrew and diver medical factors.  That could be a part of it, as the OT folks would need confirmation that AUMB awarded the required AF.

cbr600 said:
got my message weeks ago.. but being told it could be a year before i go on course..

a year of sitting in north bay rotting..

Could be worse, could still be in your old trade too.  I know the whole OT thing is full of waiting but...it is a small price to pay IMO.

Enjoy the time before you re-enter the trg system.  I had 3/4s of a year waiting for initial occ training.  I didn't do unit or base duties.  I wasn't on standby.  I was allowed 0800-1000 hrs daily for PT, and I was usually cut free around 1400, earlier on Fridays usually.  Wasn't much to complain about and anytime I felt like I might start, I reminded myself what I would be doing in my former trade and it passed pretty quick.  :2c:

Still nothing on my end. Not just for me but for the regiment. There are no words.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

For those folks here that didn't hear ANY word yet, I do feel for you. I do have hopes that perhaps due to the lateness some offers will still come through.

Clerk Wannabe said:
The canforgen for next year is out so I think I'm SOL

I saw that yesterday!  It's more than a month ahead of schedule!      :rofl:

OMG Finally! Got my instruction message. Only 3 days to clear out, in, get uniforms etc hahaahhah!

Congrats Wrath!! Going to be fast and furious!! So next question...What does one do at BTL? If I have found somewhere actually doing something trade related am I able to get tasked out to it?

Not a bloody clue.... I guess I will find out on Wed. Seriously though fast and furious is an understatement, but on the happy dance side, I got my message, passed my FORCE test and am Green and good to go for my new trade.

Wicked! Same here, Wednesday for me...Between myself and my Chief we have been emailing the Sgt in charge over at BTL trying to figure out where exactly I even report on Wednesday...So far no response lol. Oh well guess I will find out soon enough!!

Scuba_Dave said:
Congrats Wrath!! Going to be fast and furious!! So next question...What does one do at BTL? If I have found somewhere actually doing something trade related am I able to get tasked out to it?

Yup.  My experience is, if you arrive at the BTL with an OJE/place to work before they have to find one, they tend to like that...less for them to do, and its win/win/win.

Fair enough! The OJT is with a reserve unit, dont know how that will go over, but hey at least im being proactive lol

Back