• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

Daywalker, what admin do you know/anticipate the BTL will require that won't alredy be transferred by your OR?

Just asking to prepare better.

7. VOT INSTRUCTION MESSAGE WILL BE ISSUED BY DMCPG 5-3 OCCUPATION
TRANSFERS UPON RECEIPT OF ACCEPTANCE MESSAGE AND PLAR RESULTS (IF
APPLICABLE). NO ACTION AUTHORIZED UNTIL ALL CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFER
HAVE BEEN MET AND THE INSTRUCTION MSG HAS BEEN ISSUED

The above is a direct instruction from the VOT Offer message. This is why I am not going for my uniform change yet and why the Clothing stores won't issue change of element until I receive it. I would feel pretty stupid if I pushed on without those damn instructions.

Wrathwitch said:
Daywalker, what admin do you know/anticipate the BTL will require that won't alredy be transferred by your OR?

Just asking to prepare better.

I was talking about the docs that my OR would transfer anyway, but the BTL clerk told me I could bring in copies of my leave pass and copies of things like NOK forms and info,etc... They called it the Fab 5...

This was so that when I went on leave and still had not received my instructions (and if they came while I was on leave), that my BTL clerk would have what they needed so I could just take my leave and report back when its done.... (my leave extends beyond July 15th.)

[rant]

We're coming up on 2 months of Nope Damn It s on my desktop calendar. This is beyond rediculous at this point.

[/rant]

The above is a direct instruction from the VOT Offer message. This is why I am not going for my uniform change yet and why the Clothing stores won't issue change of element until I receive it. I would feel pretty stupid if I pushed on without those damn instructions.

They all must be different. My VOT Offer message states I must be out of my uniform and into my new one prior to 15 Jul 15...Clerk Wannabe...Maybe today!! :D

Scuba_Dave said:

They all must be different. My VOT Offer message states I must be out of my uniform and into my new one prior to 15 Jul 15...Clerk Wannabe...Maybe today!! :D

Mine states that as well but if you thoroughly (sp) read the message the effective date, and the part that you must change element/uniform before the CoS date is halted by that statement "No action authorized until in receipt of VOT instruction message".

1. SUBJ MEMBER HAS BEEN SELECTED FOR VOT TO MOSID 00337-01 AC OP
2. THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
A. EFFECTIVE DATE: 15 JUL 15
B. RANK: CPL. SENIORITY AND EPZ IAW REF A
C. PAY: IPC IAW REF B AND C. POC FOR PAY DETERMINATION IS DPPD 2 CSN:
992-0972
D. QL: QL0 (UNLESS PLAR INDICATES QUALS FOR TARGET OCCUPATION)
E. POSTING: MEMBER WILL BE POSTED (NO COST) TO NEAREST BTL UPON
EFFECTIVE DATE
F. DEU: CHANGE TO AIR (MEMBER MUST BE ISSUED COMPLETE DEU PRIOR TO OT
EFFECTIVE DATE)

3. UNIT MUST INFORM DMCPG 5-3 IMMEDIATELY IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN MED
CAT AS WELL AS UNDER REMEDIAL MEASURES, OR ADMIN/MEDICAL REVIEW
4. FOR MOSIDS REQUIRING AN AIR CREW OR DIVE MEDICAL, UNITS TO
IMMEDIATELY INITIATE THE APPROPRIATE MED REVIEW THROUGH NORMAL
CHANNELS
5. UNIT TO INITIATE ACCEPTANCE/REFUSAL MSG WITH THE FOL INFORMATION:
A. ACCEPTANCE OR REFUSAL OF OFFER
B. PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST RESULTS AND DATE
C. DATE THAT PART 6 OF REF D AND SOU AT REF E HAVE BEEN SIGNED AND
FORWARDED TO DMCPG 5-3 OCCUPATION TRANSFERS ATTN:###########
D. CONFIRMATION AND DATE THAT AIR CREW/DIVE MED ASSESSMENT HAS BEEN
INITIATED (IF REQUIRED)
E. CONFIRMATION THAT SECURITY CLEARANCE UPGRADE HAS BEEN INITIATED
(IF REQUIRED)
F. DATE PLAR HAS BEEN INITIATED ONLY IF IT IS DETERMINED THAT MEMBER
HAS EXISTING QUALS TOWARD TARGET OCCUPATION, REF I
6. ACCEPTANCE/REFUSAL OF TERMS TO BE SENT VIA MSG NLT TWO WEEKS FROM
DTG TO ACTION: NDHQ DGMC OTTAWA//DMCPG 5-3//, INFO NDHQ DGMC
OTTAWA//D MIL C LOSING/D MIL C GAINING//
7. VOT INSTRUCTION MESSAGE WILL BE ISSUED BY DMCPG 5-3 OCCUPATION
TRANSFERS UPON RECEIPT OF ACCEPTANCE MESSAGE AND PLAR RESULTS (IF
APPLICABLE). NO ACTION AUTHORIZED UNTIL ALL CONDITIONS OF THIS OFFER
HAVE BEEN MET AND THE INSTRUCTION MSG HAS BEEN ISSUED

END OF ENGLISH TEXT//TEXTE FRANCAIS SUIT

Hey everyone. So I did my VOT last year I'll give you a brief timeline of what happened to me since i see people are getting as edgy as I was.

First off reembark what organization we work in. We have to reinvent the wheel every year and no one ever seems to remember how it went last year.

17 May 14 VOT offer, returned right away

03 July 14 VOT instruction with a 16 July eff date

Then four months of complete silence. I called my new CM, new school, DMILC, CDA and anyone else that would answer their phone weekly to try to get a time line. BTL had no idea. It really seemed like no one had ever VOTd before and no one knew what to do. It was extremely frustrating.

02 Oct 14 finally got a course loading msg for my new trade.

Basically the moral of this story is just try to relax don't do what I did and get worked up for no reason. There is a plan in the works for all VOTs  but everything still moves at the speed of the CF.

I am now on my third course and  8 months into my new trade QL3 only 3.5 months left.

The only thing I wish they would do diffrent is postings.  I have been away from my wife for almost 8 months had a few days here and there but it's still a very long separation from family. Shack life starts to get to you after awhile.

Also to anyone going to CFSATE. Just play the game. My whole course is remusters a lot of former MCpls. Just swallow your pride and be nice to the instructors no need to throw your TI in their faces all the time.  And remember the Air Force is a very diffrent creature from the Army you will see a lot of attitudes and behaviors that would have been stomped out (literally sometimes) in the Army you made the choice to switch trades. You need to adapt to their way of life.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Cheers!

aequitas said:
Hey everyone. So I did my VOT last year I'll give you a brief timeline of what happened to me since i see people are getting as edgy as I was.

First off reembark what organization we work in. We have to reinvent the wheel every year and no one ever seems to remember how it went last year.

17 May 14 VOT offer, returned right away

03 July 14 VOT instruction with a 16 July eff date

Then four months of complete silence. I called my new CM, new school, DMILC, CDA and anyone else that would answer their phone weekly to try to get a time line. BTL had no idea. It really seemed like no one had ever VOTd before and no one knew what to do. It was extremely frustrating.

02 Oct 14 finally got a course loading msg for my new trade.

Basically the moral of this story is just try to relax don't do what I did and get worked up for no reason. There is a plan in the works for all VOTs  but everything still moves at the speed of the CF.

I am now on my third course and  8 months into my new trade QL3 only 3.5 months left.

The only thing I wish they would do diffrent is postings.  I have been away from my wife for almost 8 months had a few days here and there but it's still a very long separation from family. Shack life starts to get to you after awhile.

Also to anyone going to CFSATE. Just play the game. My whole course is remusters a lot of former MCpls. Just swallow your pride and be nice to the instructors no need to throw your TI in their faces all the time.  And remember the Air Force is a very diffrent creature from the Army you will see a lot of attitudes and behaviors that would have been stomped out (literally sometimes) in the Army you made the choice to switch trades. You need to adapt to their way of life.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Cheers!

I can relate to this.... when I first joined I was away from my wife and kids for almost 1.5 years by the time I was done my 3 month DP1 (which should have been a QL3, but that's another story). An EWAT back home would have been much better while waiting so long.... and yes you do tend to feel like you are abandoned with no information. Its real hard to constantly tell your family "I don't know when I can see you again.... I have no idea when course starts....etc".

I think the reason many of us are on edge this year in particular is because they were so far behind with the offer messages.... since everything is supposed to be wrapped up by July 15, we wonder if anything will come down the pipe before or while we are on leave (or if the acceptance made it up after all?).

Thanks for the reassuring words...some wise things to keep in mind...especially the change from Army to Air attitudes.  Some of it can be better, some of it can be worse. I think it would be more difficult for those who were MCPL or above. It will take time to adjust...

Thankfully my boss is real good about it. He knows how slow these things are etc, and knows I need to be in my new uniform prior to leaving and that I won't get my instructions prior to July 15th, so he has it all set up and ready to go period, said screw it LOL

Did anybody heard if someone got theirs to become supply tech? Seems that messages are cut off by trade. Anyone could help

I just got VOT instructions today. Message was mostly the same as the offer. I fall under base BTL,etc...  Still in effect for July 15th.

Check with your OR guys....they might have something for you!

Good luck to all!

Daywalker said:
I just got VOT instructions today. Message was mostly the same as the offer. I fall under base BTL,etc...  Still in effect for July 15th.

Check with your OR guys....they might have something for you!

Good luck to all!

I also recieved my VOT instructions for ATIS today as well; says the same as above.

Good luck to everyone still waiting; it'll come.

Got my VOT Instructions, they came in last week but had to chase them down myself...Nothing much in there, just says Im demoted to Cpl and I get to keep my current pay. Reporting to BTL Esquimalt 15 Jul 15. Now waiting for an email reply from the PO down there as to follow on instructions. Good luck everyone! Its not over until the last message gets sent out!

I would check into the pay thing.  If you did a VOT, and were receiving spec pay prior or were MCpl or above, you should be reverting back to Cpl Standard IPC 4 pay.  There is no vested right to pay for a voluntary OT.

There shouldn't be that much difference between the content of your Offer and Instructions.

Eye In The Sky said:
I would check into the pay thing.  If you did a VOT, and were receiving spec pay prior or were MCpl or above, you should be reverting back to Cpl Standard IPC 4 pay.  There is no vested right to pay for a voluntary OT.

There shouldn't be that much difference between the content of your Offer and Instructions.

Yah, I knew an EO Tech who was getting CPL spec pay and then OT'd to LCIS (which became ACISS). He only received CPL pay when he OT'd. Even now as a fully qualified ACISS CST (LCIS) MCpl he still is not getting Spec Pay (yes ACISS CST still does not get spec pay). There will be no Spec Pay until you are a QL5 qualified CPL in your new trade (if its a spec pay trade).

Good morning,

I am trying to find the rules or regulations regarding the wearing of the Uniform, specifically in regards to a VOT to another Element. It is my understanding, prior to the effective date of the VOT, you cannot wear the new element uniform and once the effective date has passed, you cannot wear the old element uniform. Unfortunately, I cannot find the regulation.

To help, this is the current situation, member of the Unit has accepted a VOT to the Air Force effective 15 Jul. There is a major parade taking place at the end of Jul and is being instructed (incorrectly I believe but can be wrong) to wear the old Army DEU for the parade.

Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

The mbr's VOT Offer and Instruction messages should be all that are needed.  Those msg's detail the mbr's MOSID, DEU and effective date.

Example:  http://army.ca/forums/threads/118489/post-1373468.html#msg1373468

To add to that, IAW with the link above, Para 2(e) the mbr in question doesn't belong to their former unit once their OT eff date comes, they are posted to the BTL and their actual unit/CofC is the BTL regardless of where they are employed.  Point being, it's not up to their former unit what DEU they wear if the parade is after their effective date on the VOT msgs.

orca73 said:
Good morning,

I am trying to find the rules or regulations regarding the wearing of the Uniform, specifically in regards to a VOT to another Element. It is my understanding, prior to the effective date of the VOT, you cannot wear the new element uniform and once the effective date has passed, you cannot wear the old element uniform. Unfortunately, I cannot find the regulation.

To help, this is the current situation, member of the Unit has accepted a VOT to the Air Force effective 15 Jul. There is a major parade taking place at the end of Jul and is being instructed (incorrectly I believe but can be wrong) to wear the old Army DEU for the parade.

Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Previously, OT's didn't become effective until the day training in the new occupation commenced, however, I believe this was subject to change.  Your formal OT Assignment message should contain an effective date or some indication as to just when the OT takes effect.

Back