• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Verification of Former Service (VFS) [Merged]

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
As long as you can justify your release and the reason why you wan't to come back that should be all right for 1 time.  Twice I'd have doubt about it...

Max

He just applied as a regular soldeir, not an officer or anything. I reckon that would be the less competitive. He mentioned that the recruiters didn't know why he was released either time; is that information not on file? Anyway, I'm sounding like a maniac, prying into affairs like this, but I have an obsessive need for information and minutia. My family and friends hate my grilling them, but I like to know how things work in very fine detail.

Unfortunately, a person could release and reapply as many times as they want as there is no restriction on either.

Biggest mistake I ever made was to VR to come home and nurse my shoulder. Biggest mistake ever. MO said 2 years PAT possibly, didn't like that, so I said I'll come home and get treatment. Worst idea ever.

The answer to your question lies in actually applying yourself.
The process of qualifying itself takes so long that non-serious applicants are quickly weeded out.
The process of getting selected is so uncertain that serious applicants start to look for other options.

The point is, many people would like to be in this hypothetical situation: "if I go for voluntary release, can I get back in?"
Generally, no one who goes on V.R. wants back in.

Hi, as I mentioned in another message, I was an Naval Reserve Officer for 1 year only (april 1994 to april 1995).  I am re-enlisting as an NCO in marine engineering mecanic, wainting to get the phone call to sign the contract.  I am on the merit list.  I already have a college degree in marine engineering with prior sea time on merchant marine ships.  Any of you re-enlisting and are on the merit list?  What rank should I expect?  I don't have to go through basic training for NCO's and my QL3 is also recognised.  What is the next step when I go back to BFC Esquimalt? 

Thank you for the replies...

Stoker34

I would guess Able Seaman but it will all be on the offer from CFRG HQ so wait and see.

The rank may not be as important as what Pay Incentive Level you are accepted into.

I am CTing from Res to Reg currently...haven't gotten the actual job offer yet, which my MCC tells me will include my rank, IPC, training bypass, and potential posting locations.  However, for Marine Engineering Mechanic, this link might help, look at the bottom of the page...the NCM portion.  Some info is there on the trade you want...

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/navy/bonuses_e.aspx

Mud

thank you all for your replies...  as soon as I get the call, I will let you know! 

I attended basic training and took a voluntary release from the forces.  In my release paper work it says that I was released under section 4(c).  I want to know whether or not there are any restrictions from me rejoining the military after my 6 month time period for reapplication has expired.

The reasons why I took a voluntary release:

1. b) occupational choice
    c) career path

2. a) remustering trades after basic training was not a possibility.

3. a) trade qualified for Military Police

I want to rejoin the Canadian Forces in 6 months as a Military Police Officer.  I will chose 3 trades for employment should the Military Police Trade not be available at the time of my application. 

1. Military Police
2. Fire Fighter
3. Infantry ( I will be infantry for 3 years and remuster after basic training)
  ( better to do when I am young and strong).

Qualifications Profile:

25 Years old
Single male
Ontario Canada
Education:  BA Sociology
                Diploma Police Foundations

Auxiliary Police Constable

Should I be allowed to do it all over again. I would have stayed in the Forces in the Infantry and done my 3 years service and switched trades to Military Police on the completion of my contract.  Due to my educational and volunteer experience, I felt it in my best interest to take a voluntary release and reapply for the trade of Military Police.

I have above average physical condition, and I will be spending the next 6 months preparing myself mentally and physically for the Canadian Forces, my career choice!

Please comment on my post.

Thank you.

:cdn:

Greetings,

I have been in the service from 1999 till 2001 Sig Op... Voluntary release cuz I got bored(PAT platoon sucks). I didnt even have my 3s yet. Yeah it was a mess up.. I know... having said that, you think I have a chance at Recruit School bypass next year?  (wont be applying for another year.. mother is ill)

The front desk guys a the recruiting office seems to think so but it seems all they want to do is to get me to hand in those papers.. AT ALL COST!.. lol..

T59 said:
Greetings,

I have been in the service from 1999 till 2001 Sig Op... Voluntary release cuz I got bored(PAT platoon sucks). I didnt even have my 3s yet. Yeah it was a mess up.. I know... having said that, you think I have a chance at Recruit School bypass next year?  (wont be applying for another year.. mother is ill)

The front desk guys a the recruiting office seems to think so but it seems all they want to do is to get me to hand in those papers.. AT ALL COST!.. lol..

You are RSBP.

The front desk guys a the recruiting office seems to think so but it seems all they want to do is to get me to hand in those papers.

Yes because you are so special. Perhaps you should tell them that you went on army.ca to verify their information.

LOL!!!!  Yeah!  then I'll ask him to put a rush on it! LOL... chop chop!

What I meant by the guys at the recruiting center is that the impression the guy gave me when I went there is that he had NO INFO on the recruiting process. It seems he was just there to talk to me about military life or HIS military experience.. I know about military life.... I was looking for concrete, factual, "business" rules...  Lets just say that there was a lot of "I think.." in his dialect..

Enough about that..  One last quick question if I may...

What makes me RSBP? What's the rule of thumb?    (curiosity)

This site rocks!  Thanks a lot for your input guys!!!

T59 said:
LOL!!!!   Yeah!  then I'll ask him to put a rush on it! LOL... chop chop!

What I meant by the guys at the recruiting center is that the impression the guy gave me when I went there is that he had NO INFO on the recruiting process. It seems he was just there to talk to me about military life or HIS military experience.. I know about military life.... I was looking for concrete, factual, "business" rules...   Lets just say that there was a lot of "I think.." in his dialect..

Enough about that..   One last quick question if I may...

What makes me RSBP? What's the rule of thumb?    (curiosity)

This site rocks!   Thanks a lot for your input guys!!!

Released from the CF for less than 10 years.

Greeting,

I have read a few threads on recruit school bypass but I can't seem to find the answer to this next one:

I was Rad Op in 2000. I was told if I re-enroll, I was bypassing recruit training.

What happens if I bypass basic?  When I get off the bus... I go to the QM, get my stuff and I'm in?...  :-\

I will re-enroll as  Infantry, I'm concerned about comming from civy land into Infantry directly... you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance.

You released in 2000 and didn't transfer to the Supplemental Ready Reserve (aka Supp List IIRC)?

I thought if you were "out" (read released completely) you had to start from scratch if your reapplied and it was longer than one year from your release to re-enrollment.

I could be right out too lunch.

Did you ask the staff at a CFRC this question?  They would know best...(spider senses tingling...I sense KinCanucks in the area  ;D)...

MRM

Out for less than 10 years and more than 5 years then your file is assessed by recruiting HQ and you may be granted RSBP.  If you are granted RSBP and get accepted then you will be enrolled and sent to Borden for PRETC and SQ and eventually onto Infantry QL3.

:salute:  I am so gratefull this forum exists! Thanks again for on point info!

When I first joined I was on PAT platoon on EME side in Borden for a while( cutting grass at 45 degrees beside EME HQ and waiting in a Aframe tent that the grass is long enough to cut it again!) lol...
Then I went threw something they called EME Regimental(something like 6 weeks) where we learned that when you think you can't run... you can still run.. and when you puke running... its a good sign!

Thanks a lot guys!
:salute:

Hi, 2 months ago I returned home from BMQ (Reg Force in St.Jean) after putting in a VR... A day after returning home and "sleeping on it" I realised that I had made a big mistake in leaving (was also having major second thoughts while stuck on Pat for a month) and that I lost my focus and sight of the big picture on why I joined the CF in the first place... It was one of those things that you don't realize what you have till it's gone... So I now plan on reapplying asap (have to wait a few more months)... My question are?

1. My reasons for VR have been resloved and weren't medically related (I'm 100% healthy)... Are my chances of getting re-accepted good? on the aptitude test I qualified for all NCM trades/ medical and physical were no problems.
2.. How will the process be different for me the 2nd time around? Faster/slower than normal... hopefully faster I want to finish what I started asap.
3. Will I have to redo the aptitude test? I did it like 7-8 months ago.
4. Will I be given a new service number?

I imagine that my story isn't too uncommon  but it still sucks... I'm gonna take this as a learning experience and it should help me when I return to St. Jean/ BMQ.
Thanks

Back