• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

cupper said:
If by business acumen you mean multiple bankruptcies, several failed business ventures, countless litigation for failure to pay legitimate debts, and questionable financial practices, then Trump is your man.

Back up there Capt Liberty, I just made an observation. No names, no packdrill.

But seeing as you brought it up, if by business acumen, you mean multiple bankruptcies, several failed business ventures, countless litigation for failure to pay legitimate debts, and questionable financial practices, never being able to tell the truth, then Clinton is your pick.

Hey, I in no way would claim that either Clinton has business acumen.

In fact, her e-mail server debacle shows that in spades. Why in the hell would you pay for something your employer is willing to give you for free?  ;D

recceguy said:
Back up there Capt Liberty, I just made an observation. No names, no packdrill.

But seeing as you brought it up, if by business acumen, you mean multiple bankruptcies, several failed business ventures, countless litigation for failure to pay legitimate debts, and questionable financial practices, never being able to tell the truth, then Clinton is your pick.

Trump has 4 bankruptcies, not including Trump U (which was a joke). You could add the US FL too, though it's more Debateable.  Though.... good business sense in driving a CFL-ish league to compete against the NFL.

regardless... unless the polls change, Trump is, thankfully, about to be rolled Dukakis style

A little early to make that call, don't you think?

Since Trump is a billionaire and his family seems well put together... I would classify that as success. 

Trump may be a blow hard at times but it seems to me that he is genuine in his intent to try and improve America, whereas I don't get that feeling from crooked Hillary. 

QV said:
Trump may be a blow hard at times but it seems to me that he is genuine in his intent to try and improve America, whereas I don't get that feeling from crooked Hillary. 

Never really been interested in this subject but I agree with you 100% there.  He doesn't seem like a politician to me which is why I like him.  He seems like the kind of guy to send in tanks or drones against ISIS. Hillary seems like the type to poison their wells.

Also Hillary has a bunch of odd videos of her on the net making weird faces and acting all fucked up- I'm pretty sure she's possessed.

Jarnhamar said:
Also Hillary has a bunch of odd videos of her on the net making weird faces and acting all ****ed up- I'm pretty sure she's possessed.

That's because she's had years of training on how to act in public as a politician, everything is forced. She's the Manchurian Candidate.

QV said:
A little early to make that call, don't you think?

Since Trump is a billionaire and his family seems well put together... I would classify that as success. 

Hence the, "if the polls hold up" part of the comment.

You are all F'ing insane.

Congratulations, you now qualify to run as the Republican nominee for President of the United States.

Please line up and get your dead animal tupee and your Let's Make America Great Again novelty trucker hat.

Now, raise your right hand and repeat after me:

"I will be a spectacular President, as only I can be. I will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it. Crooked Hillary should be locked up. And Putin is a great man who will help us find those missing e-mails. And as it says in Two Corinthians, Lying Ted's father met with Owsald just before he killed Kennedy. So help me God."

Yuge smilie!  ;D

That's it. I no longer have any faith in Donald Trump.

It is now obvious that he will stoop to any level to pander for votes, principles be damned.

He has come out and endorsed Paul Ryan in his bid to hold his congressional seat.

I ask you sir, have you no decency?

PuckChaser said:
That's because she's had years of training on how to act in public as a politician, everything is forced. She's the Manchurian Candidate.

Or she might just not be particularly comfortable in those settings, like our previous PM. They both appear to have a tough time actually getting people to like them, which impacted their ratings and polling numbers.

Trump has 4 bankruptcies, not including Trump U (which was a joke). You could add the US FL too, though it's more Debateable.  Though.... good business sense in driving a CFL-ish league to compete against the NFL.

If by business acumen you mean multiple bankruptcies, several failed business ventures, countless litigation for failure to pay legitimate debts, and questionable financial practices, then Trump is your man.

Wow - even Snopes takes issue with your lack of context....

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-bankruptcies/

Many of the United States' largest and most prominent businesses have filed for (and emerged from) Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection one or more times, including General Motors, Charter Communications, Delta Air Lines, Kmart, Macy's, and the Texas Rangers baseball team.

Oh - the whole hollering at the baby's mom thing? Funny - the baby's Mom wasn't offended...

http://www.chicksontheright.com/mother-of-crying-baby-mr-trump-never-kicked-me-or-my-child-out/

“Hello, this message is for Donald J. Trump. I was the mother in his rally on Tuesday, August 2nd, in Ashburn, VA, with the baby who started to cry. I would just like him to know personally that I, by no means felt I was ever “kicked out” of his rally. I excused myself and my child when he awoke from his nap and began to cry. It was only because I had to grab my child’s belongings and then make my way out of the aisle I was seated in that I wasn’t out of there sooner. I realize Mr. Trump doesn’t know me personally, but for those that do, know that I am the first one to excuse myself and my child when he begins to cry because I personally believe it’s rude to disturb anyone else’s ability to hear what they came to see. I’ve left movies, violin recitals, and other events if I felt my child was disturbing others. It is the considerate thing to do. I stood right outside the doors of the auditorium continuing to watch and listen to what Mr. Trump had to say. In fact, the police that were right outside in the same hallway with me, treated me with so much respect it was incredible. They were so kind and made me feel welcomed to stand with them. One officer commended me on my bravery to bring my child to Mr. Trump’s rally. I fully support Mr. Trump. I thought he responded very graciously to my child crying and he made a lighthearted moment out of what I usually consider to be stressful. I actually was out of the auditorium before he even made his follow up comment about my child and even then, when I was informed of his comment, I laughed. I understand he says things jokingly, and I understand no one wants to speak over or struggle to listen over a crying baby. I am in no way offended and I again reiterate, Mr. Trump NEVER kicked me or my child out of the Briar Woods High School, Trump rally. And for the record, while my child and I stood outside of the auditorium, my eleven year old stepdaughter and my Grandmother sat inside the auditorium and continued to support and listen to everything Mr. Trump had to say. We all were so excited to be able to see Mr. Trump so close to home. I didn’t have a babysitter to watch my kids and honestly, to me it was a historical moment that I am happy that my kids were there for. I apologize for the trouble this has caused Mr. Trump. The media has severely blown this out of proportion and made it out to be something that it wasn’t and is clearly using this as political gain for the Democratic party. I hope this message sheds light to what really happened.”

“Thank you for your time. Best of luck! You have our vote. Trump 2016”

Look, I'm not a Trump fan. For the first time in twenty years, I'm glad I'm not a Citizen and won't be voting. That being said, the prevalence of anti-Trump bias in  the media, and the near-obsession with Trump (negative) from many of my Canadian friends - based mostly on Facebook posts and Huffington Post articles it seems - is annoying. The only reason I post anything it all is tor try and add some balance to the discussion.

muskrat89 said:
Oh - the whole hollering at the baby's mom thing? Funny - the baby's Mom wasn't offended...

http://www.chicksontheright.com/mother-of-crying-baby-mr-trump-never-kicked-me-or-my-child-out/

Look, I'm not a Trump fan. For the first time in twenty years, I'm glad I'm not a Citizen and won't be voting. That being said, the prevalence of anti-Trump bias in  the media, and the near-obsession with Trump (negative) from many of my Canadian friends - based mostly on Facebook posts and Huffington Post articles it seems - is annoying. The only reason I post anything it all is tor try and add some balance to the discussion.

I agree. Neither front candidates are any good, but this whole thread is a Trump thumping. It has fallen into the same trap as the rest of the election coverage. Everyone is focussed on Trump and giving Clinton a buy. Let's swing the spotlight to her for a change and balance out the thread.

recceguy said:
I agree. Neither front candidates are any good, but this whole thread is a Trump thumping. It has fallen into the same trap as the rest of the election coverage. Everyone is focussed on Trump and giving Clinton a buy bye. Let's swing the spotlight to her for a change and balance out the thread.

FTFY

Actually most of us here aren't giving her a bye and don't like her much more than you do. The reason it may feel like we're piling on vis a vis Trump is that most of us think that Trump is by a far margin the biggest a**hole in the race and, unlike Hilary who has a reasonable track record and proven abilities, is a clear and present danger to society.

The trouble is that there are only two choices and deciding not to vote heightens the risk that Trump may sneak in. A lot of Americans are going to have to suck it up, hold there noses and vote for Hillary regardless.

:cheers:

FJAG said:
FTFY

Actually most of us here aren't giving her a bye and don't like her much more than you do. The reason it may feel like we're piling on vis a vis Trump is that most of us think that Trump is by a far margin the biggest a**hole in the race and, unlike Hilary who has a reasonable track record and proven abilities, is a clear and present danger to society.

The trouble is that there are only two choices and deciding not to vote heightens the risk that Trump may sneak in. A lot of Americans are going to have to suck it up, hold there noses and vote for Hillary regardless.

And trust, in either case, that their much vaunted system of "checks and balances" actually works.

I keep thinking that, if the system does work, and Trump gets in, it may be just the thing necessary to kill "The Imperial Presidency" and, perhaps, the Party System as it works in the US.

Chris Pook said:
And trust, in either case, that their much vaunted system of "checks and balances" actually works.

I keep thinking that, if the system does work, and Trump gets in, it may be just the thing necessary to kill "The Imperial Presidency" and, perhaps, the Party System as it works in the US.

That reminds me of a book I read a few years ago about the Duke of Wellington and a comment of his around the time that he became prime minister (1828). It seems that before then, even though there were already political parties, most members of parliament voted their conscience (or self interest or their constituent's interest) rather than a party line. Around this time the start of "whipping" the members into voting the way that the party leaders were directing was becoming more and more common. Wellington was of the view that voting by parties would spell the end of democracy.

FJAG said:
That reminds me of a book I read a few years ago about the Duke of Wellington and a comment of his around the time that he became prime minister (1828). It seems that before then, even though there were already political parties, most members of parliament voted their conscience (or self interest or their constituent's interest) rather than a party line. Around this time the start of "whipping" the members into voting the way that the party leaders were directing was becoming more and more common. Wellington was of the view that voting by parties would spell the end of democracy.

He had a nose for strategy.

A lot of Americans are going to will have to suck it up, hold there noses and vote for Hillary Trump regardless.

FTFY

It amazes me how many of you are so sure that Trump will spell certain disaster for our country. For you armchair elitists and pontificators north of the border, there's almost half this country that doesn't feel the last 8 years have been all that great...

Granted, most of my circles run in the zone right of center, but the vast majority of my friends and business colleagues are voting for Trump. Some of them are physicians, some are women, some are people of colour, many are accomplished business people, all are educated. None are rednecks, none are bigots.

You know, all I heard growing up was "arrogant Americans"; now I read Canadian opinions and comments on the internet and some are thoughtful, even when I don't agree. On the other hand, most make me wonder when the roles reversed....

If Americans were opining so strongly about Canadian politics, some of you would be going out of your minds.

Hillary Clinton presents her own "clear and present danger", on two points: her willingness to subordinate the interests of the nation to the interests of the Clinton family; the unlikelihood that anyone she appoints/selects for her administration will be chosen for ability rather than servile lickspittle loyalty.  I can't envision anyone in a Clinton administration challenging her on anything, ever, because I can't envision her ever appointing a person with that kind of character.

Suppose someone got something highly controversial off the email server, and attempts blackmail.  Which response do you think is likely: meet the demands (presumably at a cost to the US but not Clinton Inc), or "publish and be damned, sir"?

Back